Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is "Monetization" a Millennial trigger word?

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Gdemami said:
    laserit said:
    Most people by the time they get to middle age have figured out how the World goes round.

The ones who don't are lost causes.
    ...that's what I said - lost causes ranting about "P2W and other nonsense.

The ones that "figured out how world goes around" have no problem with cash shops, F2P and alike "inequality".
    Na....

The "lost causes" are the ones who are old enough to know better, but have to be supported by society because of their irresponsible life decisions.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited August 2016
    laserit said:
    Na....

The "lost causes" are the ones who are old enough to know better, but have to be supported by society because of their irresponsible life decisions.
    If you believe that being grumpy and stuck in the past implies "to know better", you are only validating my point.

So thanks!
    Gdemami said:
    laserit said:
    Na....

If you believe that being grumpy and stuck in the past implies "to know better", you are only validating my point.

So thanks!
    Lol...

I believe people do all kinds of stupid dumb fuck things. Hopefully as they get older, they get smarter and figure it out. Otherwise they're lost causes.

Anything else is pure assumption on your part. 

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    laserit said:
    Gdemami said:
    laserit said:
    Na....

So thanks!
    Lol...

I believe people do all kinds of stupid dumb fuck things. Hopefully as they get older, they get smarter and figure it out. Otherwise they're lost causes.

But we also know that people need to pay their way through life. 
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

waynejr2 said:
    laserit said:
    Gdemami said:
    laserit said:
    Na....

So thanks!
    Lol...

But we also know that people need to pay their way through life. 
    Absolutely

The ones who don't can fall into that "lost cause" category.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    edited August 2016
    "Triggered" is the new "entitled" where everyone with a complaint about something, even a completely legitimate complaint, is going to be labeled as triggered.

No.  The Trigglypuff was triggered.  Simply being against having every aspect of our game becoming an opportunity to lift our wallets and snatch a couple more dollars is, in no way, related to being triggered.

I'm very politely and calmly tired of games that try to monetize every aspect of the gameplay and mechanics in order to drill me for twice as much as the $15 subscription fee would have cost me.  I just want to pay my box price, sub to the game, even with a moderate increase in sub prices, and have everything in the game be all-inclusive with the price of the sub.  

It's really not too much to ask and honestly the people who come here and complain about those of us who have a problem with this are either industry plants or actively trying to shoot themselves in the foot and double the price of gaming over the next few years.  One I can understand, the other is just... what?
    YashaX[Deleted User]
    H0urg1ass said:
    It's really not too much to ask and honestly the people who come here and complain about those of us who have a problem with this are either industry plants or actively trying to shoot themselves in the foot and double the price of gaming over the next few years.
    How else would you call it if not self-entitlement about how much a service should cost because you cannot afford to pay "double the price of gaming over the next few years"...?

"It's really not too much to ask" - oh really?

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    "Firefall is a train wreck. The future is bleak, don't see it lasting" -Hater
    "BDO PVP is an unbalanced mess that you have to pay into" -U Mad
    "Games with P2W and gamble boxes sets a bad precedent for the genre" -Triggered

Apparently over the years Hater/U Mad/Triggered have become moron code for "you're actually right".
    [Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Gdemami said:
    H0urg1ass said:
    It's really not too much to ask and honestly the people who come here and complain about those of us who have a problem with this are either industry plants or actively trying to shoot themselves in the foot and double the price of gaming over the next few years.
    How else would you call it if not self-entitlement about how much a service should cost because you cannot afford to pay "double the price of gaming over the next few years"...?

How is stating what you're willing to pay entitled?

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Actually on several MMO's before people have asked to pay.

On GW2 itself that had currency and cash store, people had been asking for better and more at the cash store, things with more impact on gameplay itself... The company just does the math there, if they see it's going to get them more money and their playerbase is going to accept it without much drama... Then they shall go for it.

MMO's become massive time-sinks to their classic grind bars, money became the alternative.

laserit said:
    He isn't stating, he is "not too much asking"...
    Gdemami said:
    laserit said:
    He isn't stating, he is "not too much asking"...
    Respectfully:

Maybe English is your second language.

"Not asking too much" is a polite way of stating something.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Gdemami said:
    H0urg1ass said:

I fail to see where he said he could not afford to pay the price but great job injecting some lame made-up point to justify your weak argument. 

Like myself, he clearly said he would not mind paying more for a sub fee if it meant no more cash shop games.  Monitization in many of todays games is like buying a shirt and then having to pay extra for buttons and then finding out you also need to pay extra to have button holes added.  Just give us a fricken higher upfront cost and stop playing these stupid monitization games
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Gdemami said:
    H0urg1ass said:

I thought you were above strawman arguments, but I guess not.  I never anywhere said that I can't afford to pay double.  

How is saying, I'll pay $25,000 for a Honda Civic, but not $50,000 entitled?  I'm simply not going to pay twice as much for half the product value I was getting ten years ago.

No, it's really not too much to ask anything of any company. I'm the consumer. My wallet belongs to me. If they want me to pay, then they'll offer reasonable value.
    YashaX
    laserit said:
    Respectfully:

Maybe English is your second language.

"Not asking too much" is a polite way of stating something.
    Sure, though not in context of:
    H0urg1ass said:
    Simply being against having every aspect of our game becoming an opportunity to lift our wallets and snatch a couple more dollars is, in no way, related to being triggered.

...honestly the people who come here and complain about those of us who have a problem with this are either industry plants or actively trying to shoot themselves in the foot and double the price of gaming over the next few years. One I can understand, the other is just... what?
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    sayuu said:
    TL;DR the young folk are on my lawn again.
    If they tramp down the grass so I don't have to mow it then they are welcome.   Just leave my car alone.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    H0urg1ass said:

It's really not too much to ask and honestly the people who come here and complain about those of us who have a problem with this are either industry plants or actively trying to shoot themselves in the foot and double the price of gaming over the next few years.  One I can understand, the other is just... what?
    I think the person who fits this description, is the best customer ever in the eye of the company. He's too busy trying to identify with the company and vilify anyone who speaks out about bad practice to care about being a mark.

Nitwits like this are compensating for something else. They think every debate about the integrity of games is about "affording" and people being poor and "entitled". I wouldn't be surprised if this type of thinking doesn't spill out into other social discussions for them as well.
    [Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited August 2016
    Talonsin said:
    I fail to see where he said he could not afford to pay the price but great job injecting some lame made-up point to justify your weak argument. 

Like myself, he clearly said he would not mind paying more for a sub fee if it meant no more cash shop games.  Monitization in many of todays games is like buying a shirt and then having to pay extra for buttons and then finding out you also need to pay extra to have button holes added.  Just give us a fricken higher upfront cost and stop playing these stupid monitization games
    If you can afford to pay a price, you do not mind the "way" you pay - paying for shirt, buttons or w/e, total price is total price regardless.

No insertion on my end.
    edited August 2016
    H0urg1ass said:
    I never anywhere said that I can't afford to pay double.
    So why are you even bringing up "double the price of gaming over the next few years" if money isn't a factor?

H0urg1ass said:
    If they want me to pay, then they'll offer reasonable value.
    That is the thing about the self-entitlement - you somehow assume they want YOU to pay.

They don't, there are plenty of others who pay 50k for that Civic.

So there goes your "it's really not too much to ask"...
  • GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 144
    edited August 2016
    OP: I'm laughing so hard. I asked this question two years ago and got the banhammer. Now we're all talking like it's finally a real thing.

Low income gamers are the new "vocal minority."
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Gdemami said:
    Talonsin said:

If you can afford to pay a price, you do not mind they "way" - paying for buttons or w/e, total price is total price regardless.

No insertion on my end.
    Sorry mate, not the way I see it.  Just because you have the money to pay for something does not mean you see the value in it.  I can easily afford to drive a BMW but I drive a KIA.  It goes up to 70mph just like the BMW (but not quite as fast) and it's standard warranty is two years longer than a BMW.  Having the money and seeing value in a product is two completely different things.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

"Wealthy people do dumb things with money because they can afford to. That's what rich people do! Yah! I'm smaht, I'll be rich one day and show you poors how to do it!"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Gdemami said:
    Talonsin said:

If you can afford to pay a price, you do not mind they "way" - paying for buttons or w/e, total price is total price regardless.

No insertion on my end.
    Because you can afford something, means you just pay? No questions asked?

Fuck... I'd sure like more customers with that frame of mind.

Talonsin said:
    Having the money and seeing value in a product is two completely different things.
    They are the same thing, the value is determined by your disposable money.
    Iselin
    laserit said:
    Because you can afford something, means you just pay? No questions asked?

Fuck... I'd sure like more customers with that frame of mind.
    Sure you will ask, but you won't question the price...obviously.