Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When did you last play this game?

2»

Comments

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I'm starting a new Paladin to reacquaint myself with the gameplay, then I'll switch to my main Paladin once I am comfortable again.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    I played until right before Age of Discovery.  In a raiding guild.

The thing that put me off was when they introduced the new "Raid Tier" and the Normal Raid gear completely usurped the Heroic Raid gear I had on my character.  And Heroic Raids in EQ were *not* easy especially since the game doesn't have Add-Ons like DBM that hold your hands through the raid.

I just lost all motivation to play after that, and just unsubbed.  The game went F2P soon after.

I did install it since to get into it again, but the engine runs so poorly on my new laptop that it's virtually unplayable.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    edited April 2016
    Yesterday. And I'll be playing again in a few minutes. They have the best housing system on the market and I find it relaxing, especially when I'm seriously stressed out to the point of tears and a stomach ache like I have been for the past year. I rarely quest unless it's to get an item or recipes for my housing. I have three houses at the moment, though I'm about to tear one of them down because I don't like it since it doesn't remotely compete with the beauty of what I've seen elsewhere in the game and I think I can do better. 
  • GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Really the only thing that has kept me away is the terrible engine. I have extremely good hardware and can't run this maxed out at over 30 FPS or so outdoors. It's completely unacceptable.
  • ruejacobsruejacobs Member UncommonPosts: 41
    I just completed my third piece of Visionary armor this morning. The Experimentation crafting at end game certainly makes crafting a lot more challenging and rewarding!

• TrexncoTrexnco Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I played the heck out of this game for years. Got burnt out and left but I still have really good memories. In particular I found this to be one of the most immersive games for RP at least on the A-B server.
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    I have returned a few times, recently at the progression server launch. I usually find it great the first week reminding me of times where everything had not gone full-themepark and enjoying a game that is actually advanced. The following weeks I am reminded of all the good things and the bad things and how eq1 is superior on almost every level. I get bored with leveling and grouping, and by the one month mark I only really do tradeskills which is awesome.. until I realize that is kindda pointless as well.
    Still.. I had an awesome time from launch day and 3 months forward - So why do I not like it now ? I think I got hypersensitive with themeparking (aka railroaded story driven games) from playing those so much.. Probably why I can't play mmorpgs anymore; but one day .. maybe .. there will be a mmorpg that turns away from themeparking ?
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I always want to, but there's always something else too. /shrug
    That's how I am.  The last time I played was probably about 3-4 years ago. It was a fun game back in the day with a lot to do.  I even enjoyed Legends of Norrath as well. However, every time I think about re-installing/re-starting I just remind myself I have other things to play that are slightly (or vastly) more fun and just as time consuming.  Then I just place it on my back burner for another 6 months or so until revisit the idea again.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    I played right up until Sentinel's Fate. I was also in a casual raiding guild. It was great fun at the time. However, after Sentinel's Fate released the majority of my guild left and the game really went down hill for me. I really didn't like what they did with Epic weapons either. I worked my ass off to get my Epic and in Sentinel's Fate they changed how they worked. An Epic weapon was basically useless unless you completed another long questline.

Really put a bad taste in my mouth