Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just bought a new monitor LG 27UD88

CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
After buying 2 28"-4k Korean monitors on the cheap. I decided to instead spend my money on a good brand with good features that has contrast and color calibration and the whole 9 yards. This time I went with an LG 27UD88. There is also a similar model the 27UD68 that is $200 cheaper without color calibration. I feel color calibration was a good investment for an IPS monitor when I do some digital artwork. This one will run me about the same price as the 2 Korean Monitors did. I can't wait to hook it up.
The reason I am not going to keep my Korean 4k monitors is they are a bit finicky. The contrast ratio and viewing angle is a bit annoying. They run a bit dark. They don't have freesync. Getting the color to appear correctly takes some work. They have problems running at 60hz with my GPU.

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Let us know how it goes once you have it all hooked up
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I've had many monitors throughout the aeons, some were better, some not.
    But i've never gone wrong with any of the LGs i've had.
    At one time i bought a b-ware piece because it was too cheap for me to resist. And even that one was outstanding.
    Also never a single faulty or dead pixel with all of my LGs!! (your mileage may vary)

So congrats on your new screen! :)

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    The colors. So much better and no more losing signal on the same displayPort cable.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Yeah, my LG 23MP68VQ is great, honestly i expected less for the price. And Freesync works like a charm :)