Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legion is Here, Are You Playing?

Comments

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    No. WoD and Garrison's were such a let down that I'll always wait for any Blizzard purchase. They are in the same category as EA now with game releases. All advertising, zero content.

As of right now, I see no reason I will be buying Legion in the future. After watching streams and feedback, it is the same dungeon/quest crawler game with nothing to do outside of that.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    No, my last foray was when I returned from vanilla to try Cata and I called it quits for good afterwards. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited August 2016
    No, but good luck to those that are playing.  =)
  • GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Nope

• Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Maybe if I get really desperate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    edited August 2016
    I sure am. The game is better than it's ever been and I have been playing since vanilla. Blizzard did exactly what they needed to do to make this game immersive and fun again. They added a level of depth to the game that it's never had. From professions, to PvP, to artifact weapons, etc. They have also managed to update the graphics, which while not cutting edge they are satisfying.

So on professions, can every player get every recipe easily as with Warlords of Draenor?  Depth would be how it was before; where some recipes were rare and required braving the depths of a dangerous dungeon just to have a chance at acquiring them.
    Crafting now has their own leveling system.  So you now have one crafting level (i.e. 1 - 750) and then you also have proficiency in each item crafted which is only increased by creating specific items.  The higher your specific item proficiency the better the item level of the item.  You also can break down items you don't want that you crafted and apply those mats towards upgrading other items you crafted.  

Same goes for gathering... The higher your proficiency in gathering a specific node (i.e. ore 1 or ore 2) the more you get from mining it.  

So for example you could have a blacksmith that specializes in two handed swords.  

You also have to do an entire separate questing system for professions to get new patterns...  Some will have you complete dungeons, some will have you kill specific bosses etc.
    Torval said:
    I played the last couple of months and had some fun, but I didn't buy the xpac. I've cancelled the sub for now because I'm playing other mmos. I'll play again for a month or two after the hubbub has died down and maybe the xpac goes on sale.  Right now I probably have at least 10 other games I want to make progress in before this.
    You really can't compare Legion to Warlords of Draenor...  I have been playing for 10 + years and WoD was awful compared to every other expansion.  I've played the beta and blizzard has done a lot to improve the game.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Nope, I played it at the very beginning when it had limited zones (I am all for world pvp), since this is just another "grind the levels till you are maxed and sit in a capital waiting for a instance to pop up" expansion I have no urge to buy this one.

Looking at the Twitch streamers, it looks just like another "+10 lvls poor graphics no innovation selling out for quick cash" expansion.

But I am happy for the ones that still enjoy this game.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Nope. Can't do the old boring themepark MMO thing anymore after playing games like Archeage and BDO. With all their faults, they upped the expectation of virtual worlds for me.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I enjoyed the invasions quite a bit got some gear for my alts had hours of fun. Launch, got as far as my artifact weapon quest just couldn't get into it staring at the zone map. No flying and thinking all the work last xpac is now worthless and all this all over again, nty. Got sucked in after a long break so I just chalked it up to an expensive peek.
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Nope. I have no one to play with and they destroyed my classes, so I don't see much reason to return.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    What is Legion?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Legion? What's that?
     If Korean grinders are your thing (i.e. archeage, BDO) you will probably be disappointed as the grind in WoW doesn't feel like a grind.  Sure it's there but not like go kill 10,000 of a specific mob to go up 1/2 a level like 55 + in BDO or the Hasla gear grind in Archeage.  As well as there is no player housing and such.

WoW is well, WoW.  If you expect it to be something different, you will be disappointed.  However, if you are looking for a much improved version of WoW, I think you will enjoy Legion.  The crafting has improved, the gathering has improved, they have separated instanced PvE and PvP specs so balancing will be better, they added weapon specs which adds more depth and customization to classes, leveling isn't as on rails as you can chose to start in any zone as the zones scale with your level, and they did a really great job with the texturing, shadowing, and lighting to modernize the look and feel.

• nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Is the console/ ActionCam command back? No? Then no, not playing... I feel like I got suckered with this one. I'll play when they re-implement the Action Cam. Until then? Its WoW, not like I haven't already done it a hundred times...
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    WOW.....
    never
  • TheGoblinKingTheGoblinKing Member UncommonPosts: 208
    No i'm not, and its not a knock against wow. I really enjoyed all my time in the xpacs, but i'm playing FFXIV and theres so many content patches and other things going on in the game that I just don't have time to be bored enough to go back to wow and year long content droughts.
  • RueTheWhirlRueTheWhirl Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Deasant said:
    Had to create a new account but am a long time member and creeper.I have started playing again but it's been like 5 years since I played the game in it's current form. I am enjoying the game on a new recently purchased comp. I do have a huge favor to ask of the community and of anyone thinking of getting the game but has not purchased yet and would make a new account. I was going for a refer a friend to get all the bonuses but messed up and applied the content to an old account. If anyone is thinking of getting the game and starting a new account, I would greatly appreciate the chance to try and refer you so we both get bonuses. Thanks!
    So you had to create a new mmorpg.com account AND a new Battle.net account???

Something seems REALLY fishy about this guy
    Ummm nothing is fishy about me. My old account is chakalaka and I wanted to created a new account with the new comp and never said anything about making a battlenet account as well. Honestly, I messed up with a friend and the rules were unclear to me, seriously. 
    TheScavenger
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
     If Korean grinders are your thing (i.e. archeage, BDO) you will probably be disappointed as the grind in WoW doesn't feel like a grind.  Sure it's there but not like go kill 10,000 of a specific mob to go up 1/2 a level like 55 + in BDO or the Hasla gear grind in Archeage.  As well as there is no player housing and such.

WoW is well, WoW.  If you expect it to be something different, you will be disappointed.  However, if you are looking for a much improved version of WoW, I think you will enjoy Legion.  The crafting has improved, the gathering has improved, they have separated instanced PvE and PvP specs so balancing will be better, they added weapon specs which adds more depth and customization to classes, leveling isn't as on rails as you can chose to start in any zone as the zones scale with your level, and they did a really great job with the texturing, shadowing, and lighting to modernize the look and feel.

WoW is not WoW any more, in my opinion.   It's New WoW.  And I like the old one better.  I liked it when it was challenging enough to be interesting.  I liked it when not everyone was a Hero.  The fact that every player gets an artifact weapon shows how much the game has devolved into a Everyone's-A-Winner scenario.  It wasn't like that in the beginning.  Back then, only the most devoted players could acquire the rarest items the game had to offer, which is what gave those items value.  Now?  Well ... 'nuff said.  I'm glad you're enjoying the game and I sincerely wish I could as well, but it's nothing like the game it once was and I felt compelled to point that out after reading your post.
    I'm with you on the Hero thing

That is very strong in Legion, I mean damn if my warrior isn't  Oden's chosen one :(

One thing I've always enjoyed with WoW is the story telling and it doesn't disappoint one bit with Legion.  

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    edited August 2016
    YES....even though it wasn´t what i have planned since i was going to end august playing "No Man´s Sky" full time...but there is not much to do over there :(
    So i bought Legion! Looks nice...it always does...shinny & new!
    I will enjoy and play all the way up to the first o second tier of raiding and then i´ll quit as usual when it gets to the point of no return in raiding :P
    But i usually enjoy A LOT the fresh experience of leveling and discovering a new WoW expac.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    No, i'm not playing.
    Instead of improving on what was working and fun, everything has changed again and Blizzard yet again forces their resets on everyone because they didn't like some numbers in a spreadsheet.
    In the past years, many of these revamps did not really change anything for the better, but change was just implemented for the sake of change. With many changes their addons brought with them, Blizzard went sideways instead of forward and Legion continues this trend.

I watched some streams last night and although the game looks good here and there, it is just too old in general. Time really caught up on it hard.
    Yes, the graphics have come a long way and the screens always looked good when they posted screenshots of vast landscapes. But you don't play the game that way. Log in, play and have all your objects, textures etc. at short to mid-distance, it just looks like a very old game.
    The guy i watched playing had a quest and went through a corridor with some giant NPC and ...it really looked pitiful altogether.
    Landscapes don't look "authentic" anymore like they did back then in i.e Ashenvale, Feralas, STV etc., but are just a confused mess up of ups and downs, weird geometry, stuck together on a map that geographically does not convince. I don't know how to really descibe it, but maybe you get what i mean.

Then that same old running from A to B for your quests, old combat, same 12 year old sounds (imo the game really, really needs a soundpack and get rid of all these 14 year old effects) I've read postings from people that were totally hyped up, but after 1hr in Legion they couldn't do it anymore.

But i tell you what. I always have an up to date version installed and ready to play and sometimes i log in and visit some areas in the starting zones, just for the nostalgia of it and to catch that old vibe for a minute. This has more of WoW to me than everything that has happened in the top levels and expansions in years.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Yes.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129
    I am only playing because my wife enjoys it.

I have enjoyed every expac till this one, I do not like it..and I feel like i am the only one.

so flame on, i have heard it already in my GC, but I just don't like it.
  • HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126
    I played because I had preordered the xpac long time ago.

First I logged in and most servers are still low, probably why the launch was smooth?

Also in the begininning I was really excited to play and made a demon hunter. The first 30 minutes was kinda fun and the class seemed nice. But after 1,5 hour I realised I was doing the same quests over and over like I did in the previous expansions - heck even vanilla.

The gameplay has changed since cataclysm where dungeons now have different tactics and you don't just stand still all the time. Lol sometimes WoW can feel abit like Wildstar. But the mobs definatley have fewer hitpoints than in vanilla and TBC.

I actually have been bored with the game often, but on rare occasions the game is fun, let's see if it goes free to play one day now that alot of the servers have been low for so long.