Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legion is Here, Are You Playing?

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Spoke to a guy who was 110 already at 10 in the morning.  Asked him why he even bothered to play since he basically just ignored the entire expansion.  Stupid is as stupid does.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I will play the new zones in about week. Let them cool off a bit.
    Since the zones are not level based, the population seems to be spread out quite nicely. Because of this I don't think a week will make much of a difference.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    So is it as good as Rift now?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    edited August 2016
    @BillMurphy

"and we’ll revisit it again a couple of months down the line to assign the final score"

EXCUSE ME??? IT IS RELEASED AND THEY ARE CHARGING MONEY FOR IT. REVIEW AND SCORE IT NOW AS YOU CLAIM IS YOUR POLICY. OTHERWISE YOU LOOK TWO FACED.
  • WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    edited August 2016
    This is the first time I have not pre-ordered a new WoW expansion as WoD was a huge disappointment and will wait a couple of months to see if Legion is still going strong and might decide to re-sub and try it out. Good job as Forza Horizon 3 is out soon along with Rise of Iron, Skyrim remaster and the new South Park game I won't have time for WoW.
  • YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324
    I got to play for a few hours this morning and was pleasantly surprised.
  • Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    I sure am. The game is better than it's ever been and I have been playing since vanilla. Blizzard did exactly what they needed to do to make this game immersive and fun again. They added a level of depth to the game that it's never had. From professions, to PvP, to artifact weapons, etc. They have also managed to update the graphics, which while not cutting edge they are satisfying.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Just finished doing my running around for the day and am preparing to check it out now. I'll start with my favorite class to test the waters, Druid and take it from there as I have a lot of alts I brought up to 100 over the last few weeks.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Don't know about the other mages, but  a frost mage is dead meat in this expansion.  After 7 deaths just trying to get my weapon I gave up.   I did not realize Blizzard had made mages so difficult.  With polymorph failing to work on demons it is a losing battle.  Good luck trying to level a mage, all the other classes are easy.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I sure am. The game is better than it's ever been and I have been playing since vanilla. Blizzard did exactly what they needed to do to make this game immersive and fun again. They added a level of depth to the game that it's never had. From professions, to PvP, to artifact weapons, etc. They have also managed to update the graphics, which while not cutting edge they are satisfying.

So on professions, can every player get every recipe easily as with Warlords of Draenor?  Depth would be how it was before; where some recipes were rare and required braving the depths of a dangerous dungeon just to have a chance at acquiring them.
    I loved those days... Smithing on the Black Iron Forge, The Alchemy Lab.

Felt like an adventure ;)

I don't know enough about Legion crafting yet to satisfy your question, but I do believe it's improved from since Draenor (Garrisons RIP)  

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• popezaphodpopezaphod Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I don't want to play NuWoW. Give me Legacy servers and I'll resubscribe.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Deasant said:
    @BillMurphy

"and we’ll revisit it again a couple of months down the line to assign the final score"

EXCUSE ME??? IT IS RELEASED AND THEY ARE CHARGING MONEY FOR IT. REVIEW AND SCORE IT NOW AS YOU CLAIM IS YOUR POLICY. OTHERWISE YOU LOOK TWO FACED.
    Its ok man we understand.

Image result for dumb pictures
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Deasant said:
    @BillMurphy

That policy is different game to game. I have seen games that have stated they are in beta and major parts of the game are not up and running and they get judged as a released game. Then CoE is given a pass for doing the same thing. You learn to take what this site says with a large grain of salt. Still what I call my internet home. Place still one of the best game sites out there. 
  • gameglazgameglaz Member UncommonPosts: 6
    edited August 2016
    No, I don't. Blizzard lost my trust with Pandaria. There is no way back.
  • turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166
    Alas, I fear my time in Azeroth is over. While I had a great time playing from release until Lich King, during the next expansion (Apocalypse? Catastrophe? ohhh, CATACLYSM!) I drifted away, and apparently it's for good, since nothing has motivated me to return.

Ah well, good memories anyway, I hope the rest of you enjoy your adventures,

T
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    edited August 2016
    System said:
    Legion is Here, Are You Playing?

The big day is here, and so far, the servers of Azeroth are holding up. World of Warcraft: Legion is officially launched, and a great many of us are playing. The question we want to ask is… are you?

Read the full story here

Do you really have to ask?  Am I playing it?  AM I PLAYING IT???  

I am playing it as much as I played Cata,  MoP, and WoD.*

[mod edit]

*:  btw, I didn't play cata, MoP, or Wod.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Last expansion I enjoied was WotLK. Ya just not jumping on this one like I have in the past. Wait and see camp. IMO the last 2 expansions have been some of the worst MMOing I have subjected myself to. 
  • ThexReporterThexReporter Member UncommonPosts: 124
    No because it's a boring game.
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    I am having a great time in game so far, I really think this has been one of Blizzards better launches, most of us haven't experienced any issues and everything seems solid. Will be interesting to see if queues will be needed tonight when everyone else is home and playing..
    edited August 2016
    Nanfoodle said:
    Deasant said:
    @BillMurphy

That policy is different game to game. I have seen games that have stated they are in beta and major parts of the game are not up and running and they get judged as a released game. Then CoE is given a pass for doing the same thing. You learn to take what this site says with a large grain of salt. Still what I call my internet home. Place still one of the best game sites out there. 
    But they actually went so far as to publish an article explaining in great detail why this would be their policy. 

@BillMurphy How much does Blizzard pay you to discard your own integrity?
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Yes
  • ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Yeah they got me back in the fold for now at least. Haven't played in years since I wasn't interested in neither Panda land or WOD but this expansion seems much more interesting. Here goes I guess.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Going to pass - so no.  Those that are - enjoy.
  • RueTheWhirlRueTheWhirl Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Had to create a new account but am a long time member and creeper.I have started playing again but it's been like 5 years since I played the game in it's current form. I am enjoying the game on a new recently purchased comp. I do have a huge favor to ask of the community and of anyone thinking of getting the game but has not purchased yet and would make a new account. I was going for a refer a friend to get all the bonuses but messed up and applied the content to an old account. If anyone is thinking of getting the game and starting a new account, I would greatly appreciate the chance to try and refer you so we both get bonuses. Thanks!
    Had to create a new account but am a long time member and creeper.I have started playing again but it's been like 5 years since I played the game in it's current form. I am enjoying the game on a new recently purchased comp. I do have a huge favor to ask of the community and of anyone thinking of getting the game but has not purchased yet and would make a new account. I was going for a refer a friend to get all the bonuses but messed up and applied the content to an old account. If anyone is thinking of getting the game and starting a new account, I would greatly appreciate the chance to try and refer you so we both get bonuses. Thanks!
    So you had to create a new mmorpg.com account AND a new Battle.net account???

Something seems REALLY fishy about this guy