Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

>RF - Online MMORPG - PvP Roots

Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
edited June 2016 in RF Online
                                 *****  Its pvp and open world, are unparalleled. 

This game is what i return to after new mmo's flop or get borring. 

The game itself, i would argue much better than Lineage 2 and well.. many other eastern games, with its new graphics options and expansive engine ,doesnt look as old as one might think. even tho it released for over a decade ago, well, so did WoW.

It had its peaks on RFOnline.com, GamesCampus, and i found it again now on RedFox games   https://www.playredfox.com/landing/rf_online
New server is few months old, active and growing.
Check some videos about the game and gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQnydpWq1KA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTp6FQRFAvg

What can you expect from this game?

Pros:

PvP while doing PvE, PvP while Leveling, PvP when you thought you were safe, PvP alone, PvP with Hundreds of others, PvP in all flavors.

>PvE

Grindy as eastern mmos go, this one has a depth ring to it, customisation and uniqueness of classes you choose, weapons and armour you wear, make you distinctive amongst the crowd.

And how do you get those weapons and armour? By leveling, grinding mobs, exploring, doing world bosses, and raid bosses, dungeons and more.

When you realise the doors to strategy are open, and you catch up, farming will make you feel so rewarding that you will end up doing it whenever you can.  And why couldnt you? Well, the schedule is very tight ,between 3x daily faction wars, mining, leveling, boss runs and other, you will crave for a little r'n'r with the mobs to relax.

>Enchanting
This can be a Pros and Cons alike since it is a very risky process, yes you can make an average weapon pretty easily, BUT, if you aim towards Best in slot gear, all the money, grind and luck in the world must be on your side.

There are OP golden legendary gears that you can eventually acquire but it is a long process, tho a certain one.
Customising gear and enchanting it with various properties is very complex and it adds up much to your power if you do it right.

>Open World

>Rewards
Secret quests, NPC's with incredible items everywhere, golden items at exibit, and legendary items in dugeons.

>Grouping

>Politics
There is a race leader, and archons, their job is to lead the race towards victory in every way, may it be leveling progress, world bosses, pvp, or simple help, and yes, people do help you here, leveling together is a big part of the game.

Alliances are sometimes made when one race becomes too powerfull to de-throne it by other two races which than split the merits.

They are broken too.  :)

CONS:

>Graphics

>Controls

Most of the controls isnt customisable, so i reccomend using keyboard and mouse with keybinds.

>Bugs

All in all its a steep learning curve, but if you give it a shot, you will be entangled in this incredible world before you know it.
Thank you for reading.

Hope in seeing you soon, there are MANY people that still want to play this game on steam forums, reddit and else, whose posts i've read, and this is your chance, join us, and enjoy this game again, i sure am, after Tera, GW2, and few others ,i can say with certainty this one for me is one of the most interesting and fun mmorpg around. (Archeage is close ,but its dead, and p2w and Trion ,so nodeal xD )

Ah right, theres mention of RFO 2 ,so this is to warm up before upgrade comes :awesome: 

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    ah sweat lies on it, open world is not, you can do wathever you want yes, but the maps zones are hardly open, you need to find a group to lvl and go to it and grind like hell

the company also killed the game and make it a fucking P2W, and only way to get anywhere after 45 is spending money, why? ores, the game need you to mine ores to craft and upgrade gear, when it was P2P you could mine ores even when you lose the chip war in your base teleport, not the case anymore, now you need to your faction win the chip war, have previously collect a item in the npc guards there then mine in the core, but also note this, is limited, the war happens each 8 hours, during that time teh winning race mine in teh core, but the alocation of ores will be spend in something like a hour or even less depending how many people are there, ah the ccr fix that problem tehy created by selling upgraders in the cash shop, so only way to you really get anywhere now is spending cash, plus if you are not well equiped, HK will happen, also lets not mention how the hacks the game have still works, only hack they did "fix" was the server reset bug the players did to make bosses respawn without waiting for it.

another thing you can notice is when you lvl from 1 to 50 (pretty much when the game was P2P) each 2-3 lvls you had a armor set well draw and you could know teh lvl range of that player by looking at him, after 50 is just a new paint and some lights on top of lvl 50 armor, weapons was the same each 5 lvl a weapon each with a  desing you could know, not the case anymore after 50. also no, there is not customization, you follow a path on the class you choose, you can in a kinda of way cross class, by by doing so you don't learn teh specs skills of the class with normally make a bigger boost, and people really never did that much, becasue that makes your char weaker

serious I liked the game and would still be playing, by CCR make it sure to be really hard to come back and play with, if I ever find a P2W game fun I would still be playing archeage or other craps around I quited after it

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    ah sweat lies on it, open world is not, you can do wathever you want yes, but the maps zones are hardly open, you need to find a group to lvl and go to it and grind like hell

the company also killed the game and make it a fucking P2W, and only way to get anywhere after 45 is spending money, why? ores, the game need you to mine ores to craft and upgrade gear, when it was P2P you could mine ores even when you lose the chip war in your base teleport, not the case anymore, now you need to your faction win the chip war, have previously collect a item in the npc guards there then mine in the core, but also note this, is limited, the war happens each 8 hours, during that time teh winning race mine in teh core, but the alocation of ores will be spend in something like a hour or even less depending how many people are there, ah the ccr fix that problem tehy created by selling upgraders in the cash shop, so only way to you really get anywhere now is spending cash, plus if you are not well equiped, HK will happen, also lets not mention how the hacks the game have still works, only hack they did "fix" was the server reset bug the players did to make bosses respawn without waiting for it.

another thing you can notice is when you lvl from 1 to 50 (pretty much when the game was P2P) each 2-3 lvls you had a armor set well draw and you could know teh lvl range of that player by looking at him, after 50 is just a new paint and some lights on top of lvl 50 armor, weapons was the same each 5 lvl a weapon each with a  desing you could know, not the case anymore after 50. also no, there is not customization, you follow a path on the class you choose, you can in a kinda of way cross class, by by doing so you don't learn teh specs skills of the class with normally make a bigger boost, and people really never did that much, becasue that makes your char weaker

serious I liked the game and would still be playing, by CCR make it sure to be really hard to come back and play with, if I ever find a P2W game fun I would still be playing archeage or other craps around I quited after it

There are so many shades of gray in P2W, taken League of Legends is 0, and Archeage is 100% , id put

RF Online at 50% , becouse i've used those Cash shop enchantment boosts, and ton of them helped me not one bit.
    Its all sheer luck, you can enchant with no cash shop, people in the server im playing now do it each day.

The hackers are not tolerated, anything remotely close to exploits is permaban, experienced players are in this game ,few reports and your out. Not many are stupid enough to risk months of gameplay.

And on top of all that, you can always buy golden weapons, for which you need no enchantments ;)

And no above lvl 50 armor's get incredible looks, some have divine another volcano skin, plenty of things to make them different.

I see you losing your gear while enchanting becouse of bad luck, i did too, and lost my weapon with cast shop consumables at that, but after purchased golden spear, and never looked back :+1:
    Btw im on Accretian side on Valkyrie server if you wish play together.

Population is spread like this Bells>Acc>Cora , so Acc&Cora are allied atm
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

There are so many shades of gray in P2W, taken League of Legends is 0, and Archeage is 100% , id put

RF Online at 50% , becouse i've used those Cash shop enchantment boosts, and ton of them helped me not one bit.
    Its all sheer luck, you can enchant with no cash shop, people in the server im playing now do it each day.

The hackers are not tolerated, anything remotely close to exploits is permaban, experienced players are in this game ,few reports and your out. Not many are stupid enough to risk months of gameplay.

And on top of all that, you can always buy golden weapons, for which you need no enchantments ;)

And no above lvl 50 armor's get incredible looks, some have divine another volcano skin, plenty of things to make them different.

I see you losing your gear while enchanting becouse of bad luck, i did too, and lost my weapon with cast shop consumables at that, but after purchased golden spear, and never looked back :+1:
    cheer luck yes because its still random, but the thing is there and RF is not 50%, if archeage is 100% RFonline is 200% or more, they sell healing potions in the fucking cash shop, and in case you don't know RFonline, you need to use potions on each fight, there is not other way to heal your hp back (unless you are a chandra of bellato who can heal but then you are bound to use FP potion to restore it) so pretty much in a good farming session(and yes you will need to do that a lot) you will need around a bag of potions plus another bag of ammo if you are ranged, and 4 or 5 stacks of fp potions if you don't use skills a lot

golden weapons are another thing to push for grind, they look good but are not he best to use, they are hard to get and the effort used to it you could just try to put in a normal weapon

your incredible looks for lvl 50+ armor is pretty shallow, is just some neons on old armor skins, when I played during the P2P I was one of the top 20 on my race what is offered now is not close to what it was, gear can break? yes they can, we cared? nope we had ways in doing this, but the game is not close to what it was, jsut more easier to lvl, harder to get money, craft with was just a way to get something you need without hoping for a drop(we still had to hope for the best when doing orange weapons) are now useless, hell even ammo crafting now is useless since teh good things are in the cash shop since you can't craft then

you like the game ok, you want to bring more people to it, is ok too, but don't lie, don't forget the ugly truth to make people go for the game, hope the rumor of RF2 is true and they did learn from tehy error and make a game good enough like it was during the P2P phase, and let RFO going to the darkness it is his place.

btw funny was I played something like 8 years after the launch of it, and the same bugs was still around
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    cheer luck yes because its still random, but the thing is there and RF is not 50%, if archeage is 100% RFonline is 200% or more, they sell healing potions in the fucking cash shop, and in case you don't know RFonline, you need to use potions on each fight, there is not other way to heal your hp back (unless you are a chandra of bellato who can heal but then you are bound to use FP potion to restore it) so pretty much in a good farming session(and yes you will need to do that a lot) you will need around a bag of potions plus another bag of ammo if you are ranged, and 4 or 5 stacks of fp potions if you don't use skills a lot
    You do know you can buy potions pretty cheap at race charger npc, those potions are quite enough even for pvp, people tank world bosses with them easily.
    Everyone has stacks of potions and ammo if ranged in bags, people use macro, they stack on pots, and dont even need to click on them.

Cash shop potions are a bit better ,yes, but that doesnt determine everything, skill does.
  • HeronnHeronn Member UncommonPosts: 39
    ill join in because ive been looking for something sci fi, can you show me the ropes pls
    Heronn said:
    ill join in because ive been looking for something sci fi, can you show me the ropes pls
    Sorry for not responding before. This game just got me addicted again, here is one of the good guides
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/how-much-do-you-really-know-about-rf-online.12684/ 

Join in on Red Fox Valkyrie Server, its pretty active.Im on Accretian ,Transformers lookalike side.
    Played like .................... 30+ MMORPG's and DAMN, is this game awesome.
    Main server is very active ,especially on weekends.

The game is unforgiving, hardcore, and epic at the same time.

Music background is great, and pvp is unforgetable.Crafting is very indepth, and the world is huge.

Only bad things i can think of, is that you cant look up,and that there are many eastern players, tho they do speak english.

Try it, you might have fun if you learn the game :)
  • NokksonwoodNokksonwood Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Horrible game, sad and dated. Ignore the spamming by the above fan, this game is not worth your time ;)
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Aori said:
    Horrible game, sad and dated. Ignore the spamming by the above fan, this game is not worth your time ;)
    It is actually a good game however it is quite dated.
    Good game for 1 - 50 contents and when it still have its P2P model.

For me it is good because nostalgia thing, but the game design itself is quite horrible compared to other F2P game.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
    Aori said:
    Aori said:
    It is actually a good game however it is quite dated.
    Good game for 1 - 50 contents and when it still have its P2P model.

For me it is good because nostalgia thing, but the game design itself is quite horrible compared to other F2P game.
    Well I haven't played it since Codemasters lost rights to it. For its time, it was a good game.
    RedFox Publisher Took over, no hacks, no bots, almost no spams, active, and fun.

Dated, yes, but i can name 50 new mmo's that are poop tier.
    Games that kept me were RF, Rift, Aion, Tera, GW2, and few fps like Planetside/Firefall, in the rest i couldnt be for more than a month.
  • jrgethenjrgethen Member UncommonPosts: 2
    this is up there as one of my all time favourites back in its hey day it was the most fun ive had in an mmo. chip wars were insane
  • nedius004nedius004 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    New upcoming big update for all oficial rf online servers all over the world lvl 80 cap maus summons siega kits waeps armors shields new daily quest from lvl 40 up tho lvl 80 can do 2 dailys a day and many more can read here but its not all the info yet more wil be added becoz its yust the first part 
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/global-update-part-1.13386/
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/more-info-summer-update.10440/
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    New server will come with this new patch? Dont want to play against full b2w 60+ with +7 weap chars.
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited June 2016
    One of my favorite mmorpgs till now.  I played this game when it was still published by Codemasters. I still remember the ost from the trailer. It was amazing. I stopped playing this game because the company published it after the Codemasters. I don't remember the name of the company. But they basically killed the game. I hated those weapon boxes that you get on the start. Are they still a thing? It is so stupid that game gives you overpowered weapons from the start.

This is the ost I was talking about. Damn fells...
    I think if there wil be a new server then it wil be around last months of this year or next year
     a first look ad the upcoming update tho all oficial rf online servers 
    found this dont now if whe wil have same update 
    http://guiderf.blogspot.be/2016/06/rf-indonesia-update-level-80-versi-415.html
    Home » gossip » update 80 » RF Indonesian update version level 80 4:15" Age Of Patron "
    Indonesian RF level 80 version update 4:15 "Age Of Patron"[/paste:font]

Angga Pratama
    Add Comment
    gossip , update 80
    Wednesday, 22 June 2016
    IMGRF Indonesia update level 80 versions 4:15 "Age Of Patron" is finally out also information official of the RF Online Indonesia, before I ever posting RF Online Indonesia will do Big update in the 2016's?Nah proved postings are correct and have been announced by fanspage rf official
    What's new in this update level 80?
    there are some which are updated nih include:
    1. Level Cap or the maximum level to 80
    2. Special new nation, the latest Kit Siege level 70 and 80, the latest MAU level 80
    3. Latest Daily Quest, Quest is repeatable daily or can be repeated every 24 hours, and the reward obtained also quite good, dalant
    4. Equip new armor, weapons
    5. new monsters
    6. latest Dungeon
    Expectation and my opinion on this 4:15 update
    Level cap 80
    hopefully by raising the maximum level of this was offset by the increase rate exp, because if the rate exp is not raised might later occur imbalance level, to level 70 might easily have done leveling to 80, but for new comers or new comers certainly quite difficult for leveling from level 1-80.
    seemed to open exp quest at level 50 and 56 have also been made easy no definite news about the change quest, but that has been announced that the level of open exp quest will get an additional reward, namely:
    IMG
    Open Quest Reward EXP latest updates
    Specials New Nation
    My opinion on the latest specials nation is quite unique, because many features are updated as items Heigh Of Communion which increases attack animus, or the latest in MAU effect is pretty cool and worth playing.
    Equip latest
    IMG
    Patron Weapon Rare B
    Armor patron update into 3 parts are normal, rare B or intense, Rare Rare C and D, this will be my special discussion to be a separate post so do not go anywhere stay tune in http://guiderf.blogspot.com/ 
    Monster and New Dungeon
    for both this info yet advanced screenshot or full info, we wait from the official.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I enjoyed the game a lot. I forgot RedFox re released it. The game had pretty fun 3 faction pvp, and the leveling was grinding but you got exp per hit which was kind of cool. I hated the gold weapons they introduced in the second launch of the game, they were leveling weapons but they didn't grant weapon skill so you had to go back and level with a bunch of other weapons later on if you used them. I'll try it out again, since RF was one of my favorite games back in the day next to lineage 2.
    New update wil be on in 1 hour so ged ready
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    The game used to be good when it was p2p with codemasters. Now it's just a pure pay2win game. 

Archeage EU - Nui

https://www.facebook.com/USARFOnline/?fref=ts
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php… summer update has launched since wensday no more lvl 50- and 56 unseal quest yust talk tho race maanger tho unseal new daily that hive 10 % total and old ones back tho 10% OFFICIAL SERVER
    lvl 80 cap 2 server Titan old and Valkyrie new new maps 
    working auction house 45-60 present and future bd keys price reduced - MAU defense will be adjusted, based on level. Each part will contribute to the overall defense of MAU.
    - Accretia Striker "Siege Mastery" skill has Accuracy rate adjusted (30% increase) need confirmation
    - Class specific Buff skill time increased to 1080 seconds.
    - Acceleration skill cooldown time increased to 45 seconds. Duration increased to 20 seconds.
    - Only own race can enter Jetso's Island.
    - Potion, Battle Dungeon Keys, and Gold/Silver Catalyst Prices adjusted. Pricing will vary, depending on tax rate.
    exp in mau
    nedius004 said:
    https://www.facebook.com/USARFOnline/?fref=ts
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php… summer update has launched since wensday no more lvl 50- and 56 unseal quest yust talk tho race maanger tho unseal new daily that hive 10 % total and old ones back tho 10% OFFICIAL SERVER
    lvl 80 cap 2 server Titan old and Valkyrie new new maps 
    working auction house 45-60 present and future bd keys price reduced - MAU defense will be adjusted, based on level. Each part will contribute to the overall defense of MAU.
    - Accretia Striker "Siege Mastery" skill has Accuracy rate adjusted (30% increase) need confirmation
    - Class specific Buff skill time increased to 1080 seconds.
    - Acceleration skill cooldown time increased to 45 seconds. Duration increased to 20 seconds.
    - Only own race can enter Jetso's Island.
    - Potion, Battle Dungeon Keys, and Gold/Silver Catalyst Prices adjusted. Pricing will vary, depending on tax rate.
    exp in mau
    tyvm on all the info !
    so am stil playing rf online  https://www.facebook.com/USARFOnline/?fref=ts
    lvl 59 on my main char mage x black knight other chars templar lvl 57 lvl 54 advent there is from yesterday until next week reclass event u can reclass 3 times on each char 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2016
    I used to play this,didn't know it was back online.I feel at this point in time it would need updated graphics and a bit more content wise.Also there was an extreme amount  of botting which turned me off.It looks like this is now run by a USA business idk about that but even still,low budget operations pretty much never offer support and never police their game,so i expect botting is still rampant.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.