Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legion Launch Times Revealed

2»

Comments

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Forgrimm said:

This isn't a classic launch. Game servers won't be down like it's traditionally the case. People that will be there for the "launch" would already be ingame doing their thing it's just at the announced time game will trigger an event and certain NPCs will offer a quest that sends you on a new journey. So no traditional hammering of login servers this time only instances that host new landmass will see a surge of players.

You must have missed the complete mess that was the Warlords of Draenor launch.

I'm not even sure what you are trying to convey here. In regard to WoD launch I was there but I fail to see how that's relevant to what I posted.

I haven't stated there won't be a lot of people coming for this expansion right on release day which would inevitably trigger queues but one can login at any time and just stay logged  in and wait for the event to trigger at midnight.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I can't wait to see the server stress this brings. It was so bad during WoD, also coupling that with the DDoS attacks.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    edited August 2016

Forgrimm said:

This isn't a classic launch. Game servers won't be down like it's traditionally the case. People that will be there for the "launch" would already be ingame doing their thing it's just at the announced time game will trigger an event and certain NPCs will offer a quest that sends you on a new journey. So no traditional hammering of login servers this time only instances that host new landmass will see a surge of players.

I'm not even sure what you are trying to convey here. In regard to WoD launch I was there but I fail to see how that's relevant to what I posted.

I haven't stated there won't be a lot of people coming for this expansion right on release day which would inevitably trigger queues but one can login at any time and just stay logged  in and wait for the event to trigger at midnight.

You said:
    "So no traditional hammering of login servers this time only instances that host new landmass will see a surge of players."
    but that's exactly what happened with WoD launch. That coupled with the DDoS attacks made the game inaccessible for days for many people. Not everyone can stay logged in for the exact launch time.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2016
    Forgrimm said:

Forgrimm said:

You said:
    "So no traditional hammering of login servers this time only instances that host new landmass will see a surge of players."
    but that's exactly what happened with WoD launch. That coupled with the DDoS attacks made the game inaccessible for days for many people. Not everyone can stay logged in for the exact launch time.
    I will say that Blizzard handled pretty well with giving away about 2 weeks worth of sub time total

When FFXIV HW got hammered for about 1-2 weeks, all SE gave was a "We're sorry for the inconvenience."
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Forgrimm said:

I expect launch day, and maybe the next day or 2 after, to be a mess.

All went completely fluid.

Going to sleep now, so far, great experience. :-) Did not like many changes to classes, hate gylphs removal (except cosmetic one), dumbing down even further game, no housing,.... but now I'm happy. :-) Will be able to judge in next weeks.
  • holyneoholyneo Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Already hit max level, going to bed. :)