Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daum/pearl abyss, lied again! [Awakening released 1 by 1]

124»

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited August 2016
    Scorchien said:
    syriinx said:
    syriinx said:
    I get the 'want' of having them all now but game balance is a topic of conversation with every game in the world with PvP in it.
    Having a staggered release every week I just do not see as that big a deal.  
    The big deal is twofold (threefold really):

1. They said we'd get them all at once.  Now we're not.
    2. It will cause massive imbalance until every class has them.  They are sacrificing game balance purely for money.  This is not typical class balance issues- Awakenings are super-powered versions of classes.

1. No, they actually did not.  You accuse them of lying, and then blatantly twist their words around.  And since this has already been pointed out in this thread that they never claimed they would be releasing them all at once, we can say something about you that we cant say about Daum/Kakao.  We know for certain you are trying to deceive people.

2. Please explain how this move is some big money maker for them.  This isnt a subscription game.  Keeping people around longer does not equate to more money.  The only way to make money in this model is to provide something people will want (or need) to spend money on.  A staggered release does this no more than releasing all at once.
    1. They said multiple times that they "wanted to release them all at once".  That is a fact.  Now if you're going to tell me that when a developer says, "We're not giving you A because we want to do B", players should not expect them to do B ever, that's BS.

Kakao has been careful not to ever outright lie, but they sure as hell have deceived players many times now.  Just because a company peppers everything they say with "at this moment" or "we want to" doesn't mean they can later do whatever the hell they want.

Your seriously telling me that you think Kakao is an honest company and I'm the one trying to deceive people?

2. There isn't all that much content coming out for the next 4 months.  Awakenings will keep some people interested as things will change when each new one is released.  Each one comes with it's own 30 dollar outfit too.

One things for sure, the balance of the game will not benefit as some players will be running around with super-powered versions of their classes, while most others will not.  This will be for months.

But let's assume for a moment that you're right.  Kakao isn't doing it this way for money.  Why are they doing it this way?  If there was some technical limitation, surely they'd just tell us that.  At least that would be an excuse (although not a good one).

Or do you just think the game will be better off with staggered releases.  You think what they are doing is best for the game.

But what if they really wanted to do A at the time?  

You are jumping to a conclusion with and spreading misinformation by stating something that never happened as a fact.  You have admitted they havent lied, thus meaning that you have lied.  So yes, you are trying to deceive people.  

You seem to want a world where developers have incentive to keep everything to themselves because god forbid their plans change.

And in this case I dont have any issues with you thinking that its BS, but answering people's honest questions with an outright lie makes you look every bit as bad as you claim Kakao to be.

I didn't use the word "lie".  It hardly matters, though.  The game will be worse because they are not doing something they said they would, for the sake of money.

It's very simple.  

You can jump through hoops and give them the benefit of the doubt all you want.  They no longer deserve that, at this point, however.

Kakao has proven time and time again to just care about quick cash and will sacrifice the quality of the game at any chance they get if it means a little more.

That is a fact.
    You have used the word lie in describing Daums actions this past month on a regular basis , and to say they Deceived ( deception) (untruth ) Is the same ...

Aside from that you have no credibility on this subject , and should just move onto your next game(agenda)
    There is a subtle difference between attempting to deceive and outright lying.  But you'd have to be somewhat intelligent to discern it.

Like I said, it doesn't matter.  In the end, the game will be worse cause they want some more quick cash.

Whether they lied, attempted to deceive us, or just innocently "changed their plans".
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited August 2016
    Scorchien said:
    syriinx said:
    syriinx said:
    I get the 'want' of having them all now but game balance is a topic of conversation with every game in the world with PvP in it.
    Having a staggered release every week I just do not see as that big a deal.  
    The big deal is twofold (threefold really):

1. They said we'd get them all at once.  Now we're not.
    2. It will cause massive imbalance until every class has them.  They are sacrificing game balance purely for money.  This is not typical class balance issues- Awakenings are super-powered versions of classes.

1. No, they actually did not.  You accuse them of lying, and then blatantly twist their words around.  And since this has already been pointed out in this thread that they never claimed they would be releasing them all at once, we can say something about you that we cant say about Daum/Kakao.  We know for certain you are trying to deceive people.

2. Please explain how this move is some big money maker for them.  This isnt a subscription game.  Keeping people around longer does not equate to more money.  The only way to make money in this model is to provide something people will want (or need) to spend money on.  A staggered release does this no more than releasing all at once.
    1. They said multiple times that they "wanted to release them all at once".  That is a fact.  Now if you're going to tell me that when a developer says, "We're not giving you A because we want to do B", players should not expect them to do B ever, that's BS.

Kakao has been careful not to ever outright lie, but they sure as hell have deceived players many times now.  Just because a company peppers everything they say with "at this moment" or "we want to" doesn't mean they can later do whatever the hell they want.

Your seriously telling me that you think Kakao is an honest company and I'm the one trying to deceive people?

2. There isn't all that much content coming out for the next 4 months.  Awakenings will keep some people interested as things will change when each new one is released.  Each one comes with it's own 30 dollar outfit too.

One things for sure, the balance of the game will not benefit as some players will be running around with super-powered versions of their classes, while most others will not.  This will be for months.

But let's assume for a moment that you're right.  Kakao isn't doing it this way for money.  Why are they doing it this way?  If there was some technical limitation, surely they'd just tell us that.  At least that would be an excuse (although not a good one).

Or do you just think the game will be better off with staggered releases.  You think what they are doing is best for the game.

But what if they really wanted to do A at the time?  

You are jumping to a conclusion with and spreading misinformation by stating something that never happened as a fact.  You have admitted they havent lied, thus meaning that you have lied.  So yes, you are trying to deceive people.  

You seem to want a world where developers have incentive to keep everything to themselves because god forbid their plans change.

And in this case I dont have any issues with you thinking that its BS, but answering people's honest questions with an outright lie makes you look every bit as bad as you claim Kakao to be.

I didn't use the word "lie".  It hardly matters, though.  The game will be worse because they are not doing something they said they would, for the sake of money.

It's very simple.  

You can jump through hoops and give them the benefit of the doubt all you want.  They no longer deserve that, at this point, however.

Kakao has proven time and time again to just care about quick cash and will sacrifice the quality of the game at any chance they get if it means a little more.

That is a fact.
    You have used the word lie in describing Daums actions this past month on a regular basis , and to say they Deceived ( deception) (untruth ) Is the same ...

Aside from that you have no credibility on this subject , and should just move onto your next game(agenda)
    There is a subtle difference between attempting to deceive and outright lying.  But you'd have to be somewhat intelligent to discern it.
    hmm really.. so you would know the difference ...

because you have , for a month straight repeatedly , spammed every BDO thread about how they lied , How you didnt know , How you would never have gone into a game , knowing what they might do with there cash shop...

Sound familiar , its all there for everyone to read if they dont remember .. Or maybe you dont remember, after all you would have to somewhat intelligent to remember what you wrote before, and Act Fraudulaent and Hypocritcal when it suits your agenda ... You seem to need a reminder ...

you can start on say page 4.. 3/4 the way down thru page 5 and 6 .. .......

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/447102/pearlshop-prices-arent-to-high/p4

1.You will find yourself , Quoting the Daum devs  of there cash shop (the same quote you denied in other threads )

2. Predicting it would go to P2W

3 . scritpting how they would add items to market for Silver ..

Honestly some great foresight there, but you had an agenda then .. your agneda was Blade and Soul , and talking down  BDO ..

Then you dumped B&S and jumped on BDO .. remember BDO was the Greatest Time in Gaming History , bestest game evahhh    (But you had an agenda)

Now you arent happy with BDO and dropped them and you have an agenda again ..

Its Fraudulent and Hypocritical the only one of seen lying thru all this is you ... And you do a diservice to this community with all your doubletalk , you have  Zero credibility on the subjest of BDO and Daums monetization ...

But that would take some intelligence to recognize and not be blinded by your butthurt emotions that your latest internet GF slapped on some lipstick and a wig and became the latest cashshop town ho ...

Have a  Good  Day

Post edited by Scorchien on
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    I'd say that was a KO ...no split decision in this fight
    edited August 2016
    Scorchien said:
    hmm really.. so you would know the difference ...

because you have , for a month straight repeatedly , spammed every BDO thread about how they lied , How you didnt know , How you would never have gone into a game , knowing what they might do with there cash shop...

Sound familiar , its all there for everyone to read if they dont remember .. Or maybe you dont remember, after all you would have to somewhat intelligent to remember what you wrote before, and Act Fraudulaent and Hypocritcal when it suits your agenda ... You seem to need a reminder ...

you can start on say page 4.. 3/4 the way down thru page 5 and 6 .. .......

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/447102/pearlshop-prices-arent-to-high/p4

1.You will find yourself , Quoting the Daum devs  of there cash shop (the same quote you denied in other threads )

2. Predicting it would go to P2W

3 . scritpting how they would add items to market for Silver ..

Honestly some great foresight there, but you had an agenda then .. your agneda was Blade and Soul , and talking down  BDO ..

Then you dumped B&S and jumped on BDO .. remember BDO was the Greatest Time in Gaming History , bestest game evahhh    (But you had an agenda)

Now you arent happy with BDO and dropped them and you have an agenda again ..

Its Fraudulent and Hypocritical the only one of seen lying thru all this is you ... And you do a diservice to this community with all your doubletalk , you have  Zero credibility on the subjest of BDO and Daums monetization ...

But that would take some intelligence to recognize and not be blinded by your butthurt emotions that your latest internet GF slapped on some lipstick and a wig and became the latest cashshop town ho ...

Have a  Good  Day

Ah I have a fan.

If you noticed when I jumped ship on B&S and why, you'd see that it's when they went p2w.

If you're saying I have an anti-p2w agenda, that's fine.  It's no secret that I'm against p2w.

You're right that I was initially correct when I predicted BDO would go p2w.  I didn't have anything to play after B&S though, so I really wanted that not to be true.  Turns out I was wrong (or right, depending on how you look at it).

Anyway, through all of this and me getting burned by 2 MMOs going p2w in like half a year, I don't see where I lied.  Butthurt, sure, but not deceitful.

All the things I said about BDO being a great game are still true, just like all the things I said about B&S having great combat and such are still true.  It's also true that I think the Devs/Publishers made some really bad decisions in favor of grabbing cash in exchange for lowering the quality of both games, to the point where I can no longer play either of them.

Anyway, I don't think any of this is relevant to the topic.  The fact is they are doing something different than they said they would, and that thing they're doing different (staggering the awakening releases) is going to cause terrifying imbalance in the game.

Whether you think I have an agenda or not, there's very few people that think this is a good move or that they are being consistent with how they said they will handle awakenings.
    Post edited by holdenhamlet on
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    holdenhamlet said:
    The fact is they are doing something different than they said they would
    (staggering the awakening releases)
    Repeatedly telling a lie over and over again isn't going to make it true.

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    edited August 2016
    well this kind delay common used if you dont have enough contet or want prevent guys usual have no life rush and get fair advantage beyond others 

In overall this bit neutral in effects  
    World of warcraft do this every expansion just ofcourse dont say anymore delay , is plan and very well said 
    edited August 2016
    syriinx said:
    holdenhamlet said:
    The fact is they are doing something different than they said they would
    (staggering the awakening releases)
    Repeatedly telling a lie over and over again isn't going to make it true.

Ok friend, so you tell me how they said they were going to do awakenings for us.

You can rationalize anything if you want to.  Bill Clinton rationalized lying about getting a blowjob by questioning what the definition of the word "is" is.

But when you're selling a product and time and time again do something different than what you led customers to believe you were going to do, it's not going to end well.

You get extra bonus points if those things decrease the quality of the product, like in this case how some classes will be very overpowered with awakenings while some will not be getting them for 4 months.

Further bonus points if you don't even try to explain it.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

Ok friend, so you tell me how they said they were going to do awakenings for us.

They didn't say they were going to do anything.  

I planned on going to see Bruce Springsteen on Thursday.  Someone scheduled an important meeting late in the day and now I've decided its not worth the risk of being late due to traffic.  In other words, things have come up that made me revalue the cost vs benefit of my plans.

But I wasnt lying when I told people of my original plans.

Yes, we don't know for sure what their original plans truly were.  I'm just not finding any benefit to saying they planned on doing this while not actually planning it.  

Also, they didnt lead people to think they wouldnt allow the resale of cash shop items for in game currency.  In fact, they even said "if we do this, we will limit it".  turns out they DID do exactly what they said.  
    edited August 2016
    syriinx said:

They didn't say they were going to do anything.  

I planned on going to see Bruce Springsteen on Thursday.  Someone scheduled an important meeting late in the day and now I've decided its not worth the risk of being late due to traffic.  In other words, things have come up that made me revalue the cost vs benefit of my plans.

But I wasnt lying when I told people of my original plans.

Yes, we don't know for sure what their original plans truly were.  I'm just not finding any benefit to saying they planned on doing this while not actually planning it.  

Also, they didnt lead people to think they wouldnt allow the resale of cash shop items for in game currency.  In fact, they even said "if we do this, we will limit it".  turns out they DID do exactly what they said.  
    Ok, so when Warriors ask why they have to play a gimped version of their class when awakenings are avaliable, and they say "we want to release them all at the same time", that's completely meaningless?

They actually literally said the equivalent of nothing?

When they say the game is going to be B2P here so they don't have to "resort to f2p cash shop shenanigans", that's meaningless?

It doesn't matter anyway.  Even if they said, "We will absolutely 100% release all awakenings at the same time," and they went with this staggered release, a few people would still defend them saying, "Things change in online games, man."
    edited August 2016
    This will be my last post in this thread:

Bottomline: Kakao has been very careful to not outright lie.  They've made sure to pepper all of their statements about their plans with "at this time" or "we want to".

But they've certainly said things multiple times that led most people to believe one thing and then do another, usually to the detriment to the quality of the game in favor of grabbing cash.

This affects the company's trustworthiness.

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843
    Is it too late for me to post the I TOLD YOU SO! .gif?
    Oh well.
    Can we finally learn from our mistakes and never again fall for cheap cash grabs guys?
    You, your pride and selfworth , me, every sane gamer and the gaming industry as a whole will be better for it..

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.