Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips on Doing The Season 7 Solo Greater Rift

blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,742
So my friend and have done every chapter of the season 7 challenges and I am stuck on doing the final thing to complete it.
You have to do a Solo Greater Rift level 20. Which is Torment II I believe? 
I am play a monk and he is playing a Demon Hunter
My monk can complete the Rift but not in the allowed time for the achievement.
I have my set gear up to the Torso I think which I think is the last piece you get on completion.
I have ran the GRift with each of the followers but still have not been able to do it in the time allowed. I am not even close to be honest lol

So any tips  from other D3 players?

What strategy have you used to complete the challenge to finish the Season?

We are looking to create two new characters afterwards but we both want to finish this last obstacle

Thanks in Advance! 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,131
    Here is a link to a Google Docs spreadsheet I found on the D3 forums. That helps explain a few things such as the various xp, health, and currency multipliers, and what torment level the various GR levels equate to.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16Iyp90YnOHyDX3Q_lD7qPDOJ3uF9mqyqCLeej0cO6Eg/edit#gid=0

Between reddit, the D3 forums, and looking at leaderboard builds I'm getting some ideas but nothing conclusive so far. The problem with the top leaderboard builds is that they've nearly maxed their loadout and build. It doesn't explain how they got there and what they used and changed along the way.

The turret build I'm using is too slow to bring up the full 5 turrets when time matters. I'm trying to adjust my playstyle to incorporate this season's fotm skills for advanced rifting.

Part of it, from how people describe it on reddit, is knowing when to rush through to a sweet spot and kill everything and when to move on. Pulling too few mobs just wastes time. Pull too many in the wrong place and you die.

Here is a link to my character (Briac 70(88)): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ArkadyRandom-1754/hero/78926034

I really wish sentries were a more viable build. They're a lot of fun.

take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,742
    I just ran the GRift two more times. Changed out my skills and such. Still no quicker than the previous times. My issue is not completing it, it is doing it in the allotted time frame. I, so far, have not even been close =/

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,679
    Are you running past the small groups of mobs and just hit n run the large groups of mobs ... hmm Maybe you just need to move faster , There is an abilty you can slot that will give you speed burst every time you break something ..
    Scorchien said:
    Are you running past the small groups of mobs and just hit n run the large groups of mobs ... hmm Maybe you just need to move faster , There is an abilty you can slot that will give you speed burst every time you break something ..
    Yeah the last few times I have tried that. Just rushing past the trash until I get to an Elite. By that time I have trained so many plus it takes me forever to kill anything. My Dex is high but I am just really struggling time wise.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    edited August 2016
    Hmmm does the armor your wearing increase the dmg of the moves your using? or add extra runes without equipping them? cause on my barb last season i had no trouble till like grift 40. mayb things have changed, but its something to check out. only reason i ask is cause you say your killing things slowly. which will affect your times a shitton
    Hmmm does the armor your wearing increase the dmg of the moves your using? or add extra runes without equipping them? cause on my barb last season i had no trouble till like grift 40. mayb things have changed, but its something to check out. only reason i ask is cause you say your killing things slowly. which will affect your times a shitton
    Well I'm wearing 4 of my set pieces from the current season. Plus Legendary items that add Dex and Vitality.
    I have paired my skills with bonuses given to those skills on my armor. My weapons are good but I am just struggling with killing quickly. I duo with a Demon Hunter who is our DPS while I tank and bubble to keep us up but solo is proving to be a bear!

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I have read some people farming to get ancients? I don't know how to get those or where.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Your making me wanna get in there and finish leveling my crusader :P, seeing as i havnt played this season i cant give much advice. mayb try and both be dps? i thought u didnt even need support/tank till much higher grifts but mayb thats different aswell now.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,131
    As I understand it I think Ancients have a very low chance of dropping from GR. That spreadsheet I linked says .1 which I'm hoping means 10% not .1%. It also says that ancients only drop from GR 10+.

The lower the rift the faster I kill the less I have to worry about what I kill. The higher rifts I have to be more choosy and I think that's a bit tricky. I'm hoping that will come with practice.
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

edited August 2016
    Torval said:
    As I understand it I think Ancients have a very low chance of dropping from GR. That spreadsheet I linked says .1 which I'm hoping means 10% not .1%. It also says that ancients only drop from GR 10+.

The lower the rift the faster I kill the less I have to worry about what I kill. The higher rifts I have to be more choosy and I think that's a bit tricky. I'm hoping that will come with practice.
    I will try for better gear in a few to see if I can get an Ancient or two.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다