Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eureka 100% game prediction tool!

psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
I have an idea how to always know what game with  turn out to be good or bad. Time travel, well kinda time travel. Had a dream last night that we as a society build an oracle, a huge coil of fiber optic cable. When I say huge I mean big as Texas huge. Now bear with me here because this is technical but the brits now have a fiber optic that is 99.7 % the speed of light in vacuum. Roughly 299,500,000 meters per second via the new fiber optic. If I sent a message 100 kilometers it would take 440 microseconds to arrive. Basically the message would arrive before it was sent, and that is just a 100 kilometers multiple that effect exponentially.

So we build the oracle or receiver and then we wait. In my dream we waited 13 years, but then the oracle started delivering our messages to ourselves from the future.

Think I might have to launch a kickstarter for this one. 

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    440 microseconds is still 440 microseconds... into the future.

Multiply that exponentially and your message will travel exponentially into the future.

To travel back in time you will probably need a traversable wormhole, which might not exist.  This wormhole would need to form what's called a closed timelike curve.

You will also need math.

Lots of math!:

See you in the past!  By the way, thanks for telling 19 year old me about Florida: it turned out to be a great place to live. :-)

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    ehm..... what'd I just read?!?! Shouldn't this be in the hardware forum....

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

See you in the past!  By the way, thanks for telling 19 year old me about Florida: it turned out to be a great place to live. :-)
    Oh my did you not get that important message from 75 year old you!?!!? O.o
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I jsut figured you go with everything sucks....You wont be 100% but it will be close
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    But if people know that particular games will be bad before those games are made, then those games won't be made, and instead, they'll make different games that will also be bad, except that future you can't warn you about them because in future you's timeline, those games didn't exist.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    psiic said:
    I have an idea how to always know what game with  turn out to be good or bad. Time travel, well kinda time travel. Had a dream last night that we as a society build an oracle, a huge coil of fiber optic cable. When I say huge I mean big as Texas huge. Now bear with me here because this is technical but the brits now have a fiber optic that is 99.7 % the speed of light in vacuum. Roughly 299,500,000 meters per second via the new fiber optic. If I sent a message 100 kilometers it would take 440 microseconds to arrive. Basically the message would arrive before it was sent, and that is just a 100 kilometers multiple that effect exponentially.

So we build the oracle or receiver and then we wait. In my dream we waited 13 years, but then the oracle started delivering our messages to ourselves from the future.

Think I might have to launch a kickstarter for this one. 

100 kilometers, that's a far distance without splices.  Every splice causes resistance.  Each splice will have a major impact on the speed of light :( 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    There was a flux capacitor in my dream.  They also made a new discovery and had to rewrite everything they knew about the laws of time travel.  They said something about current ideology not taking into account future discoveries which invalidated current theories.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    440 microseconds is still 440 microseconds... into the future.

Multiply that exponentially and your message will travel exponentially into the future.

To travel back in time you will probably need a traversable wormhole, which might not exist.  This wormhole would need to form what's called a closed timelike curve.

You will also need math.

Lots of math!:

I watched this video, I followed it for about half the time. And I came to the conclusion that I like Pizza and beer :)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    It's even easier than this. Every new game is the "best ever" before launch, and is "utter crap" post launch. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon