Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does any1 know a MMORPG that allows us to choose the difficulty we want to play?

roxilaroxila Member UncommonPosts: 13
I used to play a MMORPG that had easy/medium/hard as an option at the character creation I believe. It was online(duh) if we picked medium or hard we received more attributes and better weapons but it was harder to level. I forgot its name tho. If anyone know what the name of the game is please tell me,I feel like playing it again

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited August 2016
    Not a game you have on mind but Star Trek Online allows to select a difficulty level.

btw wrong forums :-P
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited August 2016
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    roxila said:
    I used to play a MMORPG that had easy/medium/hard as an option at the character creation I believe. It was online(duh) if we picked medium or hard we received more attributes and better weapons but it was harder to level. I forgot its name tho. If anyone know what the name of the game is please tell me,I feel like playing it again

Let me understand this.  So you get a a more difficult setting then better stats and gear to make it easier?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• roxilaroxila Member UncommonPosts: 13
    @waynerjr2 It was harder to level up tho.
    edited August 2016
    Gdemami said:
    Not a game you have on mind but Star Trek Online allows to select a difficulty level.

btw wrong forums :-P
    Nvm, got that wrong. Im not really into star trek thingies :s Thanks for the suggestion tho
    Post edited by roxila on
    @waynerjr2 Harder meaning you needed way more exp to level. I remember that at lvl 30 only medium or harder character would receive a special weapon
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Anarchy Online you can select how easy or hard you want the mobs in your missions to be
     But it was a Swampy type of mmorpg, not all the futuristic stuff.
  • AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350
    edited August 2016
    roxila said:
    Was it for the whole game, or perhaps a choice given when entering dungeons?  I know console rpgs often have difficulty settings but other than setting dungeon difficulty, I don't recall any mmos letting you do it... then again I certainly haven't played them all.
    Aeolyn said:
    roxila said:
    Was it for the whole game, or perhaps a choice given when entering dungeons?  I know console rpgs often have difficulty settings but other than setting dungeon difficulty, I don't recall any mmos letting you do it... then again I certainly haven't played them all.
    Honestly i didnt even think it had dungeons. But im not sure. Maybe it was just that one swampy map that I remember
    edited August 2016
    Honestly it could've been just a dream that I suddently remembered from years ago. I've been searching for this game the past 2 days and couldnt find it .-.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    edited August 2016
    CoX had selectable difficulty, on the fly. Most NCSoft games scale. Marvel Heroes does, too (after a fashion)--the Diablo scheme of tiered replays--play regular, then harder, then raid, etc.
  • AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350
    roxila said:
    Aeolyn said:
    roxila said:
    Honestly i didnt even think it had dungeons. But im not sure. Maybe it was just that one swampy map that I remember
    Could it have been something in LoTRO before they changed the game?
    ie.
    "GREAT BARROWS:
    lvl20-25 (would recomend min lev23rd) 6-man resetable
    Instance in the Barrow Downs in Breeland. full of Wights, Spiders and other nasty things, fun and challenging dungeon. Quests come from outside of the Prancing Pony and other quests come from Barrow Downs chains that start in the Scholar Stair in Bree."
    CoX had selectable difficulty, on the fly. Most NCSoft games scale. Marvel Heroes does, too (after a fashion)--the Diablo scheme of tiered replays--play regular, then harder, then raid, etc.
    It was none of those :s
    Maybe the game already got deleted, I dont know.
    I would remember if it was LoTRO I think.
    Also it was a 3d game :s 
  • NorthernHermitNorthernHermit Member UncommonPosts: 35
    edited August 2016
    continent of the ninth seal or vindictus ?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I think PoE had a hardcore mode etc? Where if you die then its perma death or something.
  • HakulaniHakulani Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I know Diablo 3 has quite a few difficulties.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    continent of the ninth seal or vindictus ?
    Vindictus has group content and easy mode. Get good and solo raid bosses if you what challenge. If you're lazy like me you just do it however you want.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
    IM pretty sure it didnt have "perma death" it just made it harder to level up, and you would get more attributes than the easy difficulty, and it was an open MMORPG.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Skyforge

Not the futuristic type of MMORPG, I played it before tho and I'm pretty sure you cant choose the difficulty at the character creation.
  • alextodoalextodo Member UncommonPosts: 236
    roxila said:
    Not the futuristic type of MMORPG, I played it before tho and I'm pretty sure you cant choose the difficulty at the character creation.
    You are talking about Shaiya . You have different difficulty settings at character creation at dictate exp and attributes. You have easy which only lets you level up to 30 . Normal lets you go all the way to cap and gives you 5 points per level. hard increases the exp needed to level but grants 7 points per level. Ultimate unlocks once you get a hard character to 50 i think and increases the exp to level even more but grants 9 points per level and has perma death.

Thats it. @sovrath told me but once I went to the game website it only showed "ultimate" so I didnt think it was it, @alextodo I knew it had to be it once you wrote that. THANKS everybody :3
    It doesnt have the  easy medium hard choice anymore :(