Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

True Fantasy Co-Op?

GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301
Anyone know if there is a true, fantasy Co-op game out there?  Basically, a game where you can play in a fantasy setting with 4 or 5 of your friends only?  If not, why hasn't the gaming industry realized the mad loot to be made by designing this type of game?

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

Comments

• HakulaniHakulani Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Diablo 3
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Hail to your ghosts n ghouls avatar :) love it
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    If you're in the mood for some co-op with just 1 other person there's Divinity: Original Sin, and also a sequel to it in the works (not sure if they're expanding on the co-op to allow more people).

Magicka 1 and 2 are pretty fun co-op games as well.

The Dungeon Siege series, Torchlight 2, Trine 3, many more.

Hell you could just do a quick Steam search for "fantasy co-op" and get a pretty large list, check out the reviews, and features, and take your pick.
  • GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Wow... where hell have I been?  Thanks for the suggestions!  Cheers!

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    edited August 2016
    For a 2-player co-op action game:  Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

However, there's a small caveat.  I believe the servers were deactivated, so you would need to play local co-op on a PS3 version.

But, if you have a PS3 and a nearby buddy, it's a pretty challenging game.  It's basically Gears of War with a fantasy skin, to be perfectly honest, but it's more difficult.  It's not the deepest game or the most interesting story, but if you want some tough co-op combat, the game can eat up some time(it's not really a short game).

Edit:  Just remembered Warhammer: Vermintide.  It's like Left 4 Dead with a warhammer fantasy setting.  So, if you are into slaughtering waves of Skaven and such, there you go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Grym said:
    Anyone know if there is a true, fantasy Co-op game out there?  Basically, a game where you can play in a fantasy setting with 4 or 5 of your friends only?  If not, why hasn't the gaming industry realized the mad loot to be made by designing this type of game?

Have you tried Twister?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Warhammer: End Times -Vermintide
    LooterKings
    Kings and Heroes

@blueturtle13 You liking LooterKings?  Reviews weren't overly favorable on that one.  It sounded pretty unfinished still.  Also, have you tried the following:

Sword Coast Legends is another 4-5 players.  It has pretty mixed reviews, though.  I've never played it.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Gamer54321Gamer54321 Member UncommonPosts: 452
    edited August 2016
    Hm, maybe Cyberpunk 2077 might be co-op (upcoming game, at some point). It is definitely not a MMO game.

Admittedly, Cyberpunk 2077 would be more like sci-fi and maybe not so much fantasy.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Lokero said:
    Warhammer: End Times -Vermintide
    LooterKings
    Kings and Heroes

@blueturtle13 You liking LooterKings?  Reviews weren't overly favorable on that one.  It sounded pretty unfinished still.  Also, have you tried the following:

Sword Coast Legends is another 4-5 players.  It has pretty mixed reviews, though.  I've never played it.
    Looterkings has a 86% positive on Steam. Yeah there are only 4 levels in game right now but it is really fun and challenging as well!

I own sword coast legends and if you can find a group of friends to play it can be fun but the game is mediocre to say the least. The combat is pretty bad. It really under delivered. Saying that though I really liked the single player storyline. 

Sword Coast Legends was one of those game I really hoped would be great.  I blame hope.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Many of the Bioware RPGs can be played in co-op multiplayer. Lord of the Rings: War in the North is an action RPG for 3 players. Vermintide was mentioned, Original Sin was mentioned... and pretty much any Diablo or Dialbo-clone should fit the bill.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    I don't think there are any off hand that have a third person or first person like the Witcher, Skyrim, or the many MMOs that are available.  I played a lot of those types of games on Xbox 360, but they were usually horror, sci fi or war games.  Games like Diablo 3 are much different and IMO give a bit of a mindless go go go experience.  The best fantasy coop is probably in MMOs even in this day and age.