Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided benchmarks

MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
First DX11 benchmarks (DX12 is slated for 2 weeks after release), NVidia Deus Ex Gameready driver  Geforce 372.54 WHQL (HQ), Radeon Software 16.8.2 Hotfix (HQ)

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-Spiel-55470/Specials/Benchmarks-Test-DirectX-12-1204575/

Comments

• wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for posting these.  Just wanted to chime in and say they are a bit misleading with everything turned up to Ultra.  Soft Contact Shadows and the environmental lighting on ultra is really taxing.  My GTX1070 OC with an i7 6700k was performing sub 30 FPS with them on.  Off, however, I'm getting a solid 50-60 FPS in all areas so far.

Edit: I play at 1440p.  Haven't benched it on 1080p.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    So I guess this is where nVidia fanboys say that the RX 480 8GB is meant to compete against the 1070. It's winning against the 1060 without the DX12 version.
  • wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Cleffy said:
    So I guess this is where nVidia fanboys say that the RX 480 8GB is meant to compete against the 1070. It's winning against the 1060 without the DX12 version.
    It's also a gaming evolved game, so the 480 making a strong showing isn't at all unexpected.  DX12 should be the real kick in the pants.  I expect the 480 to see a pretty large leap in performance compared to the 1060 in DX12.  If it's as large of an increase as we've seen in a few games, like AotS, then it might even get close to 1070 performance.  Should be interesting to see at the least, and good news for 480 owners.

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited August 2016
    And? What AMD specific/proprietary/whatever stuff is in Deus Ex so it runs better on AMD?

AMD does not inject their own proprietary black boxes that devs cant touch in games like NVidia with Gameworks.

Or to be more specific, it uses only NVidia tech (just like Hitman) Physx with addition of Apex.
    Post edited by Malabooga on
  • RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Pretty fun to see all the benchmark ranting all over the web.

Hell, i did bench around with differend settings for almost 2 hours myself. My 970 did 45-55fps on very high - ultra settings by only disabeling MSAA and V-Sync basically.

In the GAME tho i get 75-85fps for some reason. It also never seems to drop any lower then 70 at all,... so maybe people need to stop benching and start playing.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

I benched yesterday and got 38 FPS on very high MSAA off, 28 FPS MSAA 2x on my 970
    edited August 2016
    More benchmarks:

and i bought RX480, and for a short time i did my own teste against 970. Both are AIB (MSI for 480, Zotac for 970)

Deus EX:

Very high
    GTX970: 40,7 FPS
    RX480: 50,5 FPS

High
    GTX970 47 FPS
    RX480 58 FPS

all done on same settings and same rig (FX 8300 on stock, 8GB RAM, GA-970AUD3P) just GPU replaced, with latest drivers on both.

Also on same settings in Witcher 3 now my FPS is sticked to 60 while on 970 it was around ~55

SWTOR works better on 480, also theres no severe graphic glitches i got on 970 while using exclusive fullscreen.

Freesync is great, buttery smooth in 40-75 FPS range :) Going above 75 (for instance in SWTOR) really shows the difference. So i capped it at 70 FPS.

Deus Ex Graphics tech detailed

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    DMKano said:
    When I get over 40-50 FPS I am very happy.

Anything higher is just epeen waving for me.
    For single player games only ?, or is that a blanket response for all types of games (even those you would not enjoy playing at all)
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    54 fps to be precise. At 24 fps you feel that it is in motion. At 54 fps the human eye begins to see it as fluid motion. The human eye can actually discern information at over 200 fps. They have only been able to prove it at 220 fps. This is because your eye can focus on an object and perceive its motion at a faster rate. For instance when someone punches an object, the skin ripples at a high rate of speed usually indiscernible. If a person focuses on it, they can see the rippling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited August 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Deus Ex DX11/DX12