Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SkySaga Alpha 9 Begins - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageSkySaga Alpha 9 Begins - MMORPG.com News

Fans and alpha testers of SkySaga will want to log in starting today to check out all the new improvements and additional features that have arrived with Alpha 9. Players will find "more immersive quests, incredible new landmaarks, visit a brand new City of First Light, don new armor, wield new weapons and learn of a new world of interactivity called Lumostone.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Right now i'm watching a let's play series on youtube to get more info about this game.
    It looks very nice, i like it so far!

Since i quit Minecraft for various reasons i miss this type of gameplay.
    So... i will keep an eye on this, thanks for posting!

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    It's still early, but very promising.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited August 2016
    I really enjoy it. I am glad this game is progressing at a good rate. Very solid game with good game design.
    @blueturtle13
    How did you get into the alpha? I read that if you register, your account may or may not get unlocked eventually...?

edited August 2016

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Volgore said:
    I really enjoy it. I am glad this game is progressing at a good rate. Very solid game with good game design.
    @blueturtle13
    How did you get into the alpha? I read that if you register, your account may or may not get unlocked eventually...?

Check your messages @Volgore =)
    Thank you for your effort :)

edited August 2016

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Volgore said:
    Volgore said:
    @blueturtle13

Check your messages @Volgore =)
    Thank you for your effort :)
    New Message @Volgore
    Installing atm...  ;)

Thumbs up to you!

edited August 2016
    So...i've installed and played a little, tabbed out to leave a quick comment here (there is no NDA in place).

What a lovely, beautiful game this is! I LOVE it's overall style and looks. It is very addictive, to me mostly the exploring part is.
    I'm still running around trying to figure stuff out, so i can't comment on much else but the first hour and on the technical side of the game.
    The client downloaded at full speed, installed with no problems. The launcher is loading fast, it is stable, intuitive and offers some surprisingly "advanced" video options, given the rather simple looks of the game in general. It does what it should do, that is getting you into the game quickly and not annoying you with flashy or bloated gimmicks.

The game runs incredibly smooth at 2560x1080, all settings max. Not only for the fps (that feel like tripple digits), but also all animations, movement, particles and whatnot. I haven't had the ever slightest hickup. Also no crashes, freezes or anything.
    Now some might say that the graphics shouldn't be that demanding anyway, but entering the city there is ALOT going on on your screen. I've seen games with easier graphics go down to 15fps in such scenarios, but Skysaga performs very well already.

Music is awesome and fitting, sounds are great in general and at times amusing (combat and crafting).

Looking through what seems to be a "handbook for everything", crafting is deep and i managed to build some machines without really knowing what i was doing.
    Having played Minecraft i felt at home with stacking those cubes and combining materials, but this game is much more. Quests of all kinds, dungeons, multiplayer, etc.

There is still so much going on for me to figure out and i guess i will find more than a fix for my Minecraft withdrawal.

Very impressive and fun"alpha" so far. I have no idea who these guys are, as most of their former studio's titles don't really ring a bell with me, but they seem to know their stuff.

*Edit
    For slightly bigger screens:

http://i.imgur.com/FNY3p3X.png
    http://i.imgur.com/IoFpPaa.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Q2AQe9T.png
    http://i.imgur.com/wpSIavi.png
    http://i.imgur.com/zuSGBRI.png

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Hey there SkySaga people... Please bless me with Alpha access!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    A much better looking and playing Trove , ill be watching this one
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Yeah this game is the only of the genre i have been playing, has more to it, i hope they improve combat mechanic and make it more complex and it should be pretty cool to play it! :proud:
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Hmm this looks interesting /runs off to watch some Youtube videos.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Is this like Trove? It looks quite a bit like it, and I was a fan of that style of game. 
    Initial impression after logging in for 10 minutes before being interrupted... Gorgeous.

Got Alpha invite today, 5 days after signing up. Pretty happy about that.

The artistic style is a beatiful blend of Zelda and Torchlight in a Minecraft setting. 

Runs like butter with all settings on high except post processing on medium, 3440x1440 on an R9 295X2 8GB!

So far so good. This could be what I was wanting out of Minecraft. Trove never struck any cord with me on any front, graphics, character movement, crafting. This has me feeling good about it instantly. Ready to play till I pass out after dinner. 
    edited August 2016
    I've been playing it every evening since i got access to the alpha and progressed far enough to get a deeper look into exploring and building.
    Still love the game. It has this "just one more ... before i log out" thing to it.

I wish the whole exploring/adventuring part would be deeper. There seem to be like a few adventures with some quests and these are redundant over the forest, djungle, desert, ice themes. Like the same templates repeat in different environment settings. Same with the weapons over the tiers.
    They need to add much more here, no doubt they'll do. Once the barebone of this game is in place and working, the possibilities are literally endless. I'm also spoiled by MC Infinity Evolved and given how well rounded it already is, i tend to forget that it is only an alpha atm.

The graphics and overall artstyle is so very likeable, i love how items and stuff looks. Artistically, it has a certain "easiness" to it. Sort of a "feelgood game" that doesn't put you off with any weird styles.

I'm hoping they really bring this forward in development and dont get stuck in loops of constant system revamps.

This isn't necessarily directly adding anything on the adventuring side of content. However, the addition of Lumostone is remarkable on the settler side of things. 

Check it out