Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overwatch Now at 10 Million

2»

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited August 2016
    I havnet played Overwatch yet and have heard good things about it, but it always bugs me in Blizzards games how many people are just totally obssessed about the numbers.
    To be fair, the numbers are usually extraordinary and worth commenting on.

Like I said, though, this is one of the few games that really deserves it's wild success.  They did so many things right and thought of so many cool things to put into the game that all add up to a really fun and engaging experience.

I thought of putting a review together just detailing all the little things I appreciate, but it's a little late for that (like, for example, Mercy will say audibly automatically "get them off me" or "I'm being attacked!" when she's attacked near you, so that although you may not be able to see her, you can turn and react and keep her alive- the voicework alone and how it's used is incredibly well done).

I do agree with your point in general though that games should be judged on their merits alone.  It just so happens that in addition to usually being insanely profitable and successful, Blizzard games usually are very good, at least at what they're trying to do.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    cheyane said:
    Yes I saw that earlier but honestly did anyone ever really think that Blizzard would not be successful. Everything they touch turns to gold.
    HOTS was a relative dud.  They made several mistakes with that title and delivered the game way too late.

A dud still making money and acquiring eyes on product....aka a success.