Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im Sick With Anime Style MMO

nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
Back in a Ragnarok online days, its fine, its look pretty because its a 2D game..

but now..i really hate it. 3D is next gen, it needs realistic looks...

And i also how Final fantasy online series cant even create a pretty girl look. All they create is super skinny girl with baloon boobs...wtf.........

kids these days cant even tell pretty girl and ugly girl.

let me tell you my standart of pretty girl:

1. jennete mccurdy
2. mary elisabeth winstead
3. marina and the diamond
4. amy lee evanescene (before she gain weight)
5. michelle branch
6. han ga in
7. hilarie burton
8. juliana guill

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Anime style ages better than realistic style.

End of discussion.

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited August 2016
    The standards of female beauty shown in media are not dictated by the tastes of men. They are dictated by what sells beauty products, diet products, and cosmetic surgery. So I wouldn't blame kids these days.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Eldurian said:
    The standards of female beauty shown in media are not dictated by the tastes of men. They are dictated by what sells beauty products, diet products, and cosmetic surgery. So I wouldn't blame kids these days.
    Its also important to note that most "perfect" females are computer edited in photos and so on, yet the illusion is sold so hard. Most important thing school teaches anyone is researching.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Albatroes said:
    Eldurian said:
    Its also important to note that most "perfect" females are computer edited in photos and so on, yet the illusion is sold so hard. Most important thing school teaches anyone is researching.

Yet when they show before/after pictures of women made up and natural, all I can think is other women would look better if they only put in the effort.  haha
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    edited August 2016
    ff8 is good, i like quistis and squall.....rikku in ff10 also good.. but this recent ff15 the female look like craps...and the man too skinny....squall used to be so handsome
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    I really hate many things too.

But I'm old enough to understand that sometimes it's my responsibility to my fellow human beings to STFU and not spoil their fun by bitching about things they like.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    A list of girls I have never heard of as argument against Anime MMOs...

@Jean-Luc_Picard Please join this thread and post your facepalm meme as representation for all of us.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Back in a Ragnarok online days, its fine, its look pretty because its a 2D game..

but now..i really hate it. 3D is next gen, it needs realistic looks...

And i also how Final fantasy online series cant even create a pretty girl look. All they create is super skinny girl with baloon boobs...wtf.........

kids these days cant even tell pretty girl and ugly girl.

let me tell you my standart of pretty girl:

1. jennete mccurdy
    2. mary elisabeth winstead
    3. marina and the diamond
    4. amy lee evanescene (before she gain weight)
    5. michelle branch
    6. han ga in
    7. hilarie burton
    8. juliana guill

Pretty sure you can make average looking females or males in many mmos. Give BDO a try, I think the Valkyrie face can be make to look like some of the Caucasian women in your list and you can tone down the boobs and arse and make them a bit fat as well. It is hard to make a dumpy looking butt though.

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797

All they create is super skinny girl with baloon boobs...wtf.........

<3
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Whilst I too dislike anime-style MMOs, there is clearly a big audience for them (i.e. asia + western fans) and the people making anime-style MMOs are generally from cultures with a big anime following (i.e. asian). I tend to love the creatures you fight, but the men tend to be too androgynous for my liking and the women tend to look like girls and generate a bit of a paedo vibe. 

In the same vain, I also hate generic western fantasy. It either ends up looking like medieval europe with a bit of magic thrown in, or it ends up looking like the dodgy fantasy artwork of the 80s (i.e. old fashioned)

But, its all just market forces and art and we are powerless to change it. All we can hope for is that future devs take more risks in their art style and direction and try something new, but looking at the history of the genre that probably isn't likely to be successful. 
  • GrayPhilosopherGrayPhilosopher Member UncommonPosts: 78
    edited August 2016
    Bloodaxes said:

End of discussion.
    Any stylized art  ages better than attempted realism, not just anime.

OT: I agree with OP though, and not just for MMO's either. There's nothing wrong with anime or similar artstyles, but it's become so prominent in videogames and other media that I'm starting to get fed up with it.
  • vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436
    Vrika said:
    I really hate many things too.

But I'm old enough to understand that sometimes it's my responsibility to my fellow human beings to STFU and not spoil their fun by bitching about things they like.
    This, so much this!
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

Im Sick With Anime Style MMO

Hello Sick, I'm Dad.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    I do like realistic style too over anime style. There are loads of asian mmos that look all the same.

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited August 2016
    I prefer cartoon and anime style instead of realistic .
    I wear rose glasses and watch rainbow and pony . If i play a realistic game , i rather use male PC with muscles and beards or even furry like tauren , dears , even skeleton undead look better than vanilla Skyrim's human female . For the realistic's sake
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Ive always had a hard time with the anime style....To me its like they are trying to sell 12 year old looking girls as sexual images....its kinda disturbing really.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    I don't want to sterotype, but I have watched a lot of Asian movies/TV shows and they seem to look younger in most cases for some reason than other cultures.  They don't seem as prone to losing hair, getting wrinkles, growing facial/body hair, getting dark circles under the eyes, etc.  The men also look a lot more feminine in many cases.  Perhaps that's why we see young looking woman with large breast and hips. 

I like Anime style somewhat depending on the artist.  I think I prefer the western style that often portrays a more rugged look though.  I've always liked the Witcher art style.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Flyte27 said:
    I don't want to sterotype, but I have watched a lot of Asian movies/TV shows and they seem to look younger in most cases for some reason than other cultures.  They don't seem as prone to losing hair, getting wrinkles, growing facial/body hair, getting dark circles under the eyes, etc.  
    One of my ex's is Chinese american and she and her sisters joke that they will be young looking well into their 70's when suddenly they will be come shorter and fatter.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited August 2016
    Sovrath said:
    Flyte27 said:
    I don't want to sterotype, but I have watched a lot of Asian movies/TV shows and they seem to look younger in most cases for some reason than other cultures.  They don't seem as prone to losing hair, getting wrinkles, growing facial/body hair, getting dark circles under the eyes, etc.  
    One of my ex's is Chinese american and she and her sisters joke that they will be young looking well into their 70's when suddenly they will be come shorter and fatter.
    I know, I know
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    lahnmir said:
    Sovrath said:
    Flyte27 said:
    I know right
    LOL! That's the thing she sent around!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    I hate when the men look like girls.  Riders of Icarus the priest class sounds and looks fabulous. 
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    I'd like to see something new, sure, but I'll take anime-style over Dwarf/Ogre/Elf-style any day.  That style is the one that's been done to death.
  • ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211
    I'm not a huge fan either.  I don't mind sexy outfits but the school girl stuff gets old after a bit for me.  I also find the males very androgynous looking.

And the Average Asian Aging Process picture.  Hilarious!  You gave me a much needed chuckle today. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Bloodaxes said:

End of discussion.
    Well yeah a 3/10 remains a 3/10 which is nothing to brag about.

I rather have 8-9/10 graphics that drop-off to a 5/10 and still look better than the 3/10 graphics.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Anime style is more or less several different styles. If you think all anime look the same you have zero knowledge about anime.

The problem with anime styled MMO is that they tend to use the chibi style which in my opinion look like crap.

FFXIV have moved in a rather different direction art wise since the earlier FF games, several of those had pretty good art but now it is nothing special in my book.

I like anime but I want something that look more "Black lagoon" and less "Pokemon".