Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can i have a good play experiencie without pledging?

13»

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited August 2016
    Oriphus said:
    I don't have much interest or insight into this one, but let me get this straight. CR once said at a bar that you could buy a hornet, it is the only time it has ever been mentioned. Through more official communication it has been stated a few times that only starter ships will be available to buy? Yet rather than coming to the obvious conclusion that this was a slip of the tongue, @rpmcmurphy wants to cling on to it as official information until CIG come out to officially denounce it, all because you want to use it as your base argument to try and wind up Erillion?

That's a little lame don't ya think? Maybe i am not clear on the details though, I lazily skipped the posts as it seems pretty much all trivial nonsense. 

You don't think that the boss man would know what the plans are for his game? Remember this is a guy that is well known for micromanaging..
    It is the only comment directly regarding the matter since the earlier 'no ship sales post launch' made back in 2012 or whenever.

The so-called official communication you want to allude to is not official communication at all. I addressed this in one of my previous posts but just for you I'll address it again, here's the timeline

Streamer says "Lesnick said that ships will be sold post release"
    Lesnick writes on the forums "I did not say that. CIG have not put out an official comment about our plans."
    Chris Roberts makes his comment, nobody from CIG corrects him in an official or unofficial capacity.

You know what's really lame? Commenting and judging on things you can't even be bothered to educate yourself about.
    Deja Vu.

Here we go again (is it the 20th or 21st time ?):

December 2015  (AFTER the Chris Roberts slip of tongue at the BarCitizen event)

(Ben is referring to something the streamer BadNewsBaron said. BnB remembered and mentioned in one of his streams the slip of tongue of Chris Roberts at the Bar Citizen event, where he named the single seater fighter starter ship "Hornet" instead of "Mustang". [mod edit]

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6176447/#Comment_6176447

Thread title and question

"CIG to be selling packages greater than simple starter ships post-release?"

Answer by CIG (in the form of CIG Dev Ben Lesnick)
    "BadNewsBaron is incorrect, I have not made any such post and CIG has made no such announcement. "
    (@rpmcmurphy ... if you quote, at least quote correctly and give a link)

What part of CIG has made no announcement of selling packages greater than simple starter ships post-release was hard to understand ?

That is a position of CIG that has NOT CHANGED SINCE 2012. I have no crystal ball, I do not know what the future brings .. but right here and right now that is the official position of CIG and has been unchanged since 2012. And its consistent with Chris Roberts 2013 statement on Star Citizen not being pay to win

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/173901/#Comment_173901

Have fun

Post edited by Vaross on
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Wow, calm your horses man. You're the one saying we should be allowed to have an opinion and yet here you are clearly getting irate and using every tool at your disposal to shout down my opinion.
    Well here's some news for you, I sourced all of my stuff before and you chose to ignore it then - why would I waste my time again.

I'll tell you what's annoying here, is you trying to make out that I am being unreasonable.
    You are the one insisting, without any shadow of a doubt, that only 2 ships will be sold post release.
    I am simply saying that such a definitive statement may not be the wisest comment to make and that it might be better to err on the side of caution due to the existence of a video showing Chris Roberts saying otherwise.

How on earth is arguing for a little caution unreasonable?

If you, and your new sidekick, want to claim there has been no official statement about their plans then how can you be claiming there will be no ship selling post launch. The very quote you are using as "proof" contradicts you...

edited August 2016
    Yes, by all means lol the post without offering a response. At least i'm trying to offer a mature response to the discussion instead of resorting to capitals, large font, bolding and stupidly spaced out formatting.

Now to show you the fallacies of your proof (and hopefully for the last time)

Post on forums says:
    BadNewsBaron stated he had read that Ben confirmed that CIG is planning to sell ship packages that include ships bigger than simple starter ships POST-Release e.g. Connies and Hornets... I was in shock at this news! This is a disaster if true and it would confirm the critics worst opinions about SC.

Ben responds:
    BadNewsBaron is incorrect, I have not made any such post and CIG has made no such announcement.

I appreciate the subtleties of the English language might be difficult for someone when it is not their primary language but all Ben is saying here is that he did not make that comment and CIG (as a business) has not made an announcement.
    The non-existence of an announcement is not proof that ship selling won't be occurring, ergo it does not deny Chris Roberts' earlier comment.

• OriphusOriphus Member UncommonPosts: 467
    If you, and your new sidekick, want to claim there has been no official statement about their plans then how can you be claiming there will be no ship selling post launch. The very quote you are using as "proof" contradicts you...

Thread title and question 

"CIG to be selling packages greater than simple starter ships post-release?"

CIG responce -

"BadNewsBaron is incorrect........CIG has made no such announcement. "

Are we looking at different threads >.> ?

Anyway, lets get to the meat of this discussion. Am I really Erillion' new sidekick? that sounds so cool, I need to have a suit and a mask! I go to go and get designing :awesome:
    :)
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
    edited August 2016
    Jesus. Come on, the title of the thread is irrelevant because that is not the accusation levied against Lesnick.

What Lesnick is denying is this
    BadNewsBaron stated he had read that Ben confirmed that CIG is planning to sell ship packages that include ships bigger than simple starter ships POST-Release e.g. Connies and Hornets... I was in shock at this news! This is a disaster if true and it would confirm the critics worst opinions about SC.

The fact that you are butchering the quote from Lesnick so that it fits your narrative shows exactly what you're trying to achieve here....

For postereity, the quote from Lesnick
    BadNewsBaron is incorrect, I have not made any such post and CIG has made no such announcement.

The long version and the short version read the same. 
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
    Uh huh, the full version is only denying a comment, while your butchered version wants to make it appear as though he's denying the title of the thread.

Totally not the same...
    Uh huh, the full version is only denying a comment, while your butchered version wants to make it appear as though he's denying the title of the thread.

Totally not the same...
    It's the same....

this could go on a while.
    It'll only go on if you've got something better to offer up than that. It's pretty clear you're not here for discussion so have fun doing this baby thing by yourself.
    It'll only go on if you've got something better to offer up than that. It's pretty clear you're not here for discussion so have fun doing this baby thing by yourself.
    I am not here to hold your hand through the obvious. I am more than sure anyone reading that can clearly see it amounts to the same damn thing. Feel free to carry on writing long posts to try and score vapid technical points. I won't be easily enticed to engage in such nonsense.

Blunt and to the point, they amount to the same damn thing "CIG has made no such announcement" in regards to "planning to sell ship packages that include ships bigger than simple starter ships" and that is all that matters.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Nice avatar !  ;-)

Bunny RuleZ ;-)

Have fun
    edited August 2016
    Oriphus said:
    I am not here to hold your hand through the obvious. I am more than sure anyone reading that can clearly see it amounts to the same damn thing. Feel free to carry on writing long posts to try and score vapid technical points. I won't be easily enticed to engage in such nonsense.

Blunt and to the point, they amount to the same damn thing "CIG has made no such announcement" in regards to "planning to sell ship packages that include ships bigger than simple starter ships" and that is all that matters.

My sentiments entirely. If you cannot distinguish the difference between

Thread title and question:
    "CIG to be selling packages greater than simple starter shis post release?
    CIG responce -
    "BadNewsBaron is incorrect........CIG has made no such announcement. "

and the actual relevant parts
    Statement:
    "BadNewsBaron stated he had read that Ben confirmed that CIG is planning to sell ship packages that include ships bigger than simple starter ships POST-Release e.g. Connies and Hornets... I was in shock at this news! This is a disaster if true and it would confirm the critics worst opinions about SC."

Lesnick response (answering in a personal capacity)
    "BadNewsBaron is incorrect, I have not made any such post and CIG has made no such announcement."
    Then I don't know what to say to you.

There's a huge difference between what you think they're saying and what is really being said.
    Whatever.

• StylinLPStylinLP Member UncommonPosts: 26
    What if I pledge $10,000 for a Galaxy Class Death Ray Star but die of AIDS before the game releases? I cant still farm all the non pledgers endlessly making me a real man???
    StylinLP said:
    What if I pledge $10,000 for a Galaxy Class Death Ray Star but die of AIDS before the game releases? I cant still farm all the non pledgers endlessly making me a real man???
    SC is not planning on a creating a Galaxy Class Death Ray Star as far as I know. However none of that really matters, you would be dead.
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Unless there is a valid argument that any ship over a starter will offer no discernable difference in power or ability to compete in PvP or PvE activities, isn't this basically arguing whether the game is P2W only until launch or will be P2W indefinitely?

They all appear to be more than just cosmetic upgrades. If people tend to think being able to buy XP potions and the like or more powerful gear with real world currency is P2W then this seems to fit to a tee. Once there are activities to excel in.

Even if you can earn all the ships in game, you're still at a disadvantage for x period of time because somebody else paid with real money. Unless they only allow starters in PvP or class restrict it, you'll probably be screwed for a good while. Moreso if PVP offers rewards, especially exclusive ones.

And if you really believe those 1k+ ships will be easy or relatively quick to earn in game and catch up to the curve then I've got a pledge package for a game that will be releasing in 2014 for you...