Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My.com Team Explores Character Development

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageMy.com Team Explores Character Development

Revelation Online News - The latest Revelation Online developer diary has been posted to the official site. This time, the team takes a look at the way characters develop and how they can be uniquely tailored to individual play styles through a number of different features embedded into the game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• R3d.GallowsR3d.Gallows Member UncommonPosts: 155
    My.com... Nope.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Fun, but I would rather a game play trailer with someone telling me about the class. Looking forward to this =-)
    edited August 2016
    So are skills in this game like ESO? Where end game my friend may have a fire ball spell as well but is totally different. Maybe his does a big DD but mine does a DD but has a dot and small AE?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Nanfoodle said:

So are skills in this game like ESO? Where end game my friend may have a fire ball spell as well but is totally different. Maybe his does not DD but mine does like DD but has a dot and small AE?

That's what it sounds like.

As for the trailer, there wasn't one. :/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited August 2016

My.com... Nope.

This game is not made by My.com. They are hosting it for this region. The company that has been hosting WoW in asia forever has made Revelation. Much like My.com didnt make Skyforge.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Nanfoodle said:

My.com... Nope.

This game is not made by My.com. They are hosting it for this region. The company that has been hosting WoW in asia forever has made Revelation. Much like My.com didnt make Skyforge.
    Excactly. They are solely the publisher BUT they put the information about the game on their hosted site for RO. Development is by NetEase. I think that My.com has done a good job with Skyforge and with Armored Warfare. I am looking forward to RO.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

Nanfoodle said:

My.com... Nope.

And look how bad Skyforge monetization that's going on here. I guess My.com have some share of guilt here.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.

Nanfoodle said:

My.com... Nope.

And look how bad Skyforge monetization that's going on here. I guess My.com have some share of guilt here.

Games are built from the ground up for their payment model. My.com didnt decide the path of the monetization. They can just make suggestions on how to work better for the region they are hosting it for. Alloids was all my.com. You want to be upset about that, no one can say anything, but I do think they have learned allot since then.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2016
    This guy Cryy has been covering the game for a bit on the east version. Explains classes pretty well on his channel.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Albatroes said:
    This guy Cryy has been covering the game for a bit on the east version. Explains classes pretty well on his channel.

Why do games need to add pentagrams for spell effects. Ooo well, Im out!
  • R3d.GallowsR3d.Gallows Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited August 2016
    Nanfoodle said:

My.com... Nope.

I know. I was reacting to them being the publisher here. 
  • ZombieCatZombieCat Member UncommonPosts: 55
    There are many things to do in this game besides combat and that is my favorite part.
    That caught my interest. When I first heard about the game I was pretty ho hum about it. Now I will need to check into it a little more.
  • mutsetmutset Member UncommonPosts: 5
    It looks like BNS !!!
  • IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174

mutset said:

It looks like BNS !!!

visually it looks, but it has really nothing else in common. The game plays and feels differently. It has tank/heal/dps pve setup, raids with multiple difficulties and so on.
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    This game is pretty good, it takes a little bit of features from other mmorpgs and makes them better. I haven't herd anyone who has played this game say anything negative about it. But......

Everything depends on how my.com will operate the cash shop. Will it be an Allods Online cash shop disaster all over again ?
  • sonixbluesonixblue Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Looking forward to this game!
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Nanfoodle said:

Albatroes said:

Why do games need to add pentagrams for spell effects. Ooo well, Im out!

Is that it? Is that all you've got? Hahahahahaha