Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultimate abilities for Weapons and other reveals about update 12

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
Finally. Weapon skill lines get their ultimates with update 12. Unlike other skill lines these ultimates will unlock when you have maxed the skill line (level 50.) They will also have 2 morph options like other ultimates.

Dungeons are getting a revamp. Most dungeons currently have 2 versions: normal and veteran each with their own distinct story line and different bosses. With update 12 each story line will have a normal and veteran version so each physical dungeon will now have 4 modes, each of which will grant you a skill point the first time you run it. This doubles the number of skill points available through group dungeons.

Monster masks are also getting a make over in the sense that they're getting rid of the drop/no-drop RNG. The veteran version of each dungeon guarantees a monster mask drop from the last boss for each player. They're also adding 17 new mask/shoulder sets to correspond with the 2nd veteran version of each dungeon.

Pledges. No more gold / silver / bronze keys they're all gold now. Instead there will be 3 NPCs: 2 of those will have dailies for a set of non-DLC dungeons and the 3rd will have a daily for one of the DLC dungeons. Yes, ESO+ or those who own the DLCs will get one or two more keys per day. Also... your choice to run the dungeon at veteran or normal difficulty. Veteran runs give you 2 keys instead of one.

Craglorn getting redone to make it like all the other zones with solo quest lines and group world bosses.

One Tamriel. The bit most people know about. PVE access to all zones in all alliances as soon as you complete the tutorial. Low level players (those below CP 160) will get bolstered to CP 160 which is the level of the content.

Expected on the PTS in 2 weeks and live beginning of October.
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    I am getting a bad feeling about One Tamriel
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Iselin said:

One Tamriel. The bit most people know about. PVE access to all zones in all alliances as soon as you complete the tutorial. Low level players (those below CP 160) will get bolstered to CP 160 which is the level of the content.

This "One Tamriel" idea will keep me from ever coming back to the game.

In my opinion, Zenimax already screwed up any chance of making the game's factions interesting by allowing players to cross-faction guild.  They compounded this with blindly utilizing megaservers tech and completely missing the intimacy a true server affords to a game utilizing an open area PvP system.  Now, with this update...  Why the hell even have factions?  Just do away with them altogether...  Oh wait, that would render half of the game's quests completely incompatible, logically, with the game systems...  Not that the game lore isn't already completely FUBAR'd with this One Tamriel stuff, anyways.  But if you're going to do it...  Don't half-ass, just go ahead and scrap factions completely.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:

This "One Tamriel" idea will keep me from ever coming back to the game.

In my opinion, Zenimax already screwed up any chance of making the game's factions interesting by allowing players to cross-faction guild.  They compounded this with blindly utilizing megaservers tech and completely missing the intimacy a true server affords to a game utilizing an open area PvP system.  Now, with this update...  Why the hell even have factions?  Just do away with them altogether...  Oh wait, that would render half of the game's quests completely incompatible, logically, with the game systems...  Not that the game lore isn't already completely FUBAR'd with this One Tamriel stuff, anyways.  But if you're going to do it...  Don't half-ass, just go ahead and scrap factions completely.

I'm more of DAoC fan than I am a Bethesda fan. So yeah, it was the RvR-like reveals that interested me the most when the game was first announced. I was hoping for a new DAoC. The ES tie-in to me was a bonus since I also have played all the ES games and liked them as well. But I was there to pick one alliance and stick with it.

I also didn't like the cross-faction guilds nor multi-guilding for that matter and I wasn't a big fan of the megaserver feature that lumped everyone together for PVE. I don't know if you remember but their idea originally was to put you in the megaserver in phases with other players like you who answered some questions about their preferences the same. I told myself that could work... but that idea went by the wayside in beta. I can't remember if they ever said why.

I think a lot of the changes they've made are a response to their current player base and how they play the game. It was pretty obvious to me that the PVP part of the game was not as big a hit as they originally thought it would be. As few campaigns as they started with, they actually had too many for the actual level of interest. It was pretty clear that the vast majority of people were playing ESO for the PVE and saw the three separate alliances as nothing but an inconvenience. That's their customer base and who they're catering to with One Tamriel.

One of the PVP guilds I belong to in the game actually has a no characters from any alliance other than the Aldmeri Dominion policy - it's a 10-50 PVP guild (people reroll alts or even delete and restart once they cap out of BWB) that plays just in Blackwater Blade so they will grudgingly accept those who have characters from other alliances > level 50 since they can't play in BWB. I sort of like where they're coming from and even though it seems like a bizarre membership restriction in ESO, there are several hundred people in it.

I've also made 100X more friends in Cyrodiil than I have in the PVE side of the game. The fact that campaigns work like old-fashioned servers and not a megaserver has, I'm sure,  a lot to do with that. I see and chat with the same people every time I play and we do most of what we do grouped... PVP in ESO has a very retro, turn of the century MMO vibe that way and I like it. 180 degrees from the solo-centric PVE game.

I don't dislike the PVE and will do that too. Sometimes I even prefer that when I want to chill or just half-play while I watch sports on TV. But what keeps me here and keeps me going back is the fun with friends in Cyrodiil.

We may be a small fraction of the PVE population but we're having fun and One Tamriel ain't going to affect us at all. We'll still be alliance-locked.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED