Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Korean 27' 1440p monitor?

timmy12timmy12 Member UncommonPosts: 390
Hi everyone I'm wondering whats the best Korean monitor i can overclock to 120 hz for around $200-350? Also I've never really overclocked much in the past especially with a monitors, so is it save and are there guides? Thanks :3

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Tough to say as I have never tried. You shouldn't need to buy a Korean monitor to do this in that price range. To reasonably get 120hz, you will probably go with a TN panel. A 1440 27" TN monitor usually runs that price. So it should be reasonable to get one from Asus. You may also be able to find one that runs 120hz without doing anything fancy. I will look into it later today if I can find such a monitor.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited August 2016
    Here's a guide: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-peripheral/how-overclock-your-monitor-3635779/

But if you need to reach 120 Hz then you need to buy a monitor that supports it. Overclocking is a good solution when you want higher refresh rate, but there's never any guarantee of how much extra you get. If you need to reach some specific number, like 120 Hz, then it's a huge risk to do anything but buying a monitor with support to that specific number.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    From the looks of it only a couple panels support overclocking to 120 hz and it can be hit or miss.
    If you don't want to bother with over clocking and get a 27" monitor you know will hit 120 hz, you are in the right price range. You can find a plethora of 1080p 27" monitors that support 144hz under $350. For 1440, I only found 1 close to $350 at $390. It's also a Korean monitor so it may be not be a good experience. I would look at the reviews and weigh if it's worth it. It's also sold on newegg.

Pixio PX277
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Here's one with a very small bezel but i think it will only oc into to 90's.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH3GA1794&cm_re=2560x1440_monitor-_-0JC-0009-00065-_-Product

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...