Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give it a shot! Solid Open beta, lots of quality of life improvements - just needs more players!

Honestly I played DF:UW for a few months and all of the frustrations I had in that game are non existent in this iteration of the Original DF. 

I like the graphics more in their old school nature here, then the UW ones, the races are very distinct, not just the human character model with different heads. The Hitboxs make more sense. 

And for those that played the original DF, I have been on multiple streams today where streamers have compared RoA to Original DF and there are multiple quality of life improvements with the inventory, stacking, and others that make the game generally better to play.

Seriously you have nothing to lose, the game is free to DL and try out right now - Go grab a beer, kick back and enjoy the game. Dont read negative forum posts, or doom and gloomers, just try it for yourself and find out. With more players this game would easily fit the bill for alot of sandbox fans out there.

https://darkfallriseofagon.com/

Comments

• celestialimmortalcelestialimmortal Member UncommonPosts: 27
    don't even bother ..this game is to hardcore for 90% of players today. They all want instant gratification. They don't want consequences for there actions and definitely don't want to be loosing those precious pixels that hardly took any effort to acquire and all those other little luxurious kids these days get in games like way points telling you exactly where to go to complete a quest and safe zones where they can hide because they cant handle a little griefing and pressing tab and then that one shot macro that's cycles through the 1,2,3,4,5 keys and kills whole armies of mobs in an instant and even if they did play this the moment they have there first pvp encounter its going to send there blood pressure so high there eyes will burst...sorry if this is unreadable. I'm to hardcore to use proper grammar so before you correct my spelling as your only defense keep that in mind
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    edited August 2016
    I can't be the only one confused with two iterations of this game. Seems both will ultimately fail.  Maybe not.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    RoA is mostly a polished old Darkfall. That will only appeal to a small subset of Darkfall fans.

New Dawn has more substantial changes in the works to make the original Razorwax vision of Darkfall a reality. If successful, it will create a Darkfall more like Eve that will appeal to a broader range of players.

Who knows if they will ever reach those goals though. I personally have no interest in a classic DF remake, as the game was fatally flawed imo.