Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game On #87 - Is No Man's Sky a Disappointment? - MMORPG.com News

124»

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Whatever happened to researching a game yourself and coming to your own conclusion (either purchasing it or passing on it). Hating on a game because you don't like it is valid, but trying to convey that opinion as a reason why others shouldn't play it or how the company did something against you is just wrong.

First off I never get caught in the hype, and this is a perfect example. I didn't hear of this game until a few days ago (when I think it launched). I will admit it was hard to determine what type of game it was but a few factors 1. indie development 2. large scope 3. on-going development essentially told me this might be something I could enjoy but probably not at launch since the mature content I envision wouldn't be available until later on in the cycle.

Meaning for 60 dollars its not worth it to me today, but I will follow the development and when certain features mature or new ones I'm interested in added I will probably pick it up and give it a try. And if I end up not ultimately liking it, supporting a dev with 60 dollars isn't going to break me and is a good investment. Which I believe in the process to get better games. I don't see how complaining helps.
    There's a ton of stuff they showed and said would be in the game that has since been removed.  Things the devs never said was removed.
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Wanted to point out yet another thing that's been proven wrong in that Reddit post listing all the things that were supposedly left out of the game / lies by Sean Murray: Creatures killing eacother.

The thing the Reddit post didn't bother to mention, and that lots of others seem to be overlooking is the fact that there are various "Temperaments" for the creates such as submissive, prey, docile, stalker, hunter, etc. For some silly reason some folks seem to be under the impression that all creatures will just randomly be off on killing sprees attacking anything that isnt the same as them, but much like our own world, various creatures live in peace alongside eachother. In the game, you're not going to see a docile vegeterian go try to eat a submissive vegeterian. Youve got to have the right mix of creatures.

I recently found a herd of several creatures mixed together, all non-aggresive types, then not too far away found a hunter type which chased after me. I let him chase me over to the herd of other creatures, jetpacked up onto a buildin out of his reach, then sat back and watched him go to town on the whole herd. The only thing left alive was a giant creature, about as big as the building i was on top of. Seems to have realized it was outmatched and left it alone for all of the much smaller prey. I even watched him chase a few of them around in circles, repeatedly leaping at them and missing while they evaded him, but he was persistent and got them all.