Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you get rusty fast?

dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Most games I can take a break for a week and not lose a step when I come back.  This game, I didn't play for about 5 days and felt like I lost a month worth of practice (mind you, I'm still a novice to begin with).  I needed to play a bunch of practice games first.  My timing and positioning were way off and just overall I felt like I was step behind everybody else.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
-- Herman Melville

Comments

• AwesomeMantisAwesomeMantis Member CommonPosts: 4
    Maybe you don't vary your practice enough. Try playing other games as well, as different as possible. In each game, put yourself in mixed situations, don't be conservative.
  • AluminaraAluminara Member UncommonPosts: 21
    A weel or two ist a very good break, but 1-2month and you skill will start to vanish :]

Cradle of Magic - unique 3-in-1 mmogame - help us at kickstarter. THX!
  • IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    It's because you were never advanced player to begin with (no offense). I as person who played the game for many years and even competed have had many breaks from the game and usually when i go back to it i'm not that bad. It's game sense + muscle memory. Just like i've been World of Warcraft player for many years aswell i can still close my eyes even after being inactive for 5 years and move my fingers through the keyboard and hit the correct combination for some kind of rotation n such.
  • lufiazlufiaz Member UncommonPosts: 122
    If you're talking about game senses, map awareness, last hitting, stacking etc not so much for me. What gets me the most is the meta game change. The gameflow is so much faster now, constantly changing from team fight to team fight. Ratting(split-pushing) is still revelant. The game is way more open than ever, which is a good thing.