Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not So MMO: No Man's Sky (Feat. Dual Universe) - RipperX - No Man's Sky

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageNot So MMO: No Man's Sky (Feat. Dual Universe) - RipperX - No Man's Sky

Ripper checks out No Mans Sky and talks Dual Universe in this weeks episode of Not So MMO.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    but they never said it was a mmo.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

jircris said:

but they never said it was a mmo.

"Not So MMO" is the name of the column where they cover non mmo's.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    It's actually boring now, twats putting NMS and mmo in the same sentence. 

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    It's a bit click-baity but i get the title haha.

Dual Universe is meant to be one MMO though, as far i'm aware of its design. Seems wildy ambitious and there's bits on the design of one "unlimited MMO" that i do not agree with when you just spread players towards anywhere, ends up more on a Elite Dangerous. Side of that it has interesting design with the whole focus on molding a world and building as you please.
    MaxBacon said:
    It's a bit click-baity but i get the title haha.

Dual Universe is meant to be one MMO though, as far i'm aware of its design. Seems wildy ambitious and there's bits on the design of one "unlimited MMO" that i do not agree with when you just spread players towards anywhere, ends up more on a Elite Dangerous. Side of that it has interesting design with the whole focus on molding a world and building as you please.
    It's not Click-baity. It's the name of the feature "Not so MMO". They've done dozens of them.
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    Game is boring. Its the same thing over and over. Half the features were removed (though basebuilding will be put in at some point with a DLC). Pricetag way too high for this, plus many many issue's with the PC version.

M8 bought it, i went round and i played for about an hour before i got bored, asked if that was it and m8 said yes who has played about 50hrs and is bored of it. Pity really, game could have been something decent but yet another BIG Hyped game being a BIG dissapointment.
    Forgrimm said:
    It's not Click-baity. It's the name of the feature "Not so MMO". They've done dozens of them.
    Yeah but isn't it meant to be about Non-MMO's? Because Dual Universe is one MMO.
    MaxBacon said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Yeah but isn't it meant to be about Non-MMO's? Because Dual Universe is one MMO.
    The feature is usually about non-MMO's, hence the title. The majority of this video covers No Man's Sky, also a non-mmo.
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    edited August 2016
    Dual Universe voxel engine is sick . If these guys can bring life to planets and make Universe as beautiful as in No man Sky well I'll be waiting them impatiently )))

I was thinking about No man Sky and recent interviews and Sean as always was quite superficial , shallow on the future of the game "Maybe In the future maybe this maybe that ...." Possible they have huge issues with coding and procedurally generating algorithm and maybe this is the reason why they changed they development cycle  and never gave an direct answer to multiplayer .....

I will cross my finger for them but in case I'm right with the algorithm limit and issues than there is not much to expect in future I hope Hello Game was more open I would appreciate openness on the other hand we have lot of young and adult but very immature gamers .....as we see how all, over hype black-lashed with immature aggression.

Still game has great moment and some really surprises you ....you might encounter 10 really shity planets but once in a while you end on a really cool and interesting one  . This was what I liked most about NMS every corner could take you to some unexpected but magical place .

Post edited by MikePaladin on
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224

MaxBacon said:

Forgrimm said:

Yep DU is an MMO, but I was comparing Dual Universe to NMS because of the similarities of the game worlds, both are space exploration games with the ability to seamlessly land from planet to planet, so we shall see how DU does when it comes out...At the end of the day I really enjoy NMS but it's not worth the $60 price tag. Would be nice to see some co-op elements or patches added in the future but who knows what will happen.

/Hi-Fives,
    RipX
    Yeah overall DU is more meant to MMO'ish, with more height on Sandbox, building and destroying. NMS itself if they added the ability to do something as they did with Starbound overall, building and creating Colonies of NPCs, opening an creative layer of gameplay, now that'd be more interesting :proud:
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224

MaxBacon said:

Yeah overall DU is more meant to MMO'ish, with more height on Sandbox, building and destroying. NMS itself if they added the ability to do something as they did with Starbound overall, building and creating Colonies of NPCs, opening an creative layer of gameplay, now that'd be more interesting :proud:

Totally Max, well now that NMS is out I'm sure they will be doing some big patches and updates, especially after all the negative press regarding their release. Still think the game is great but there were multiple promises of multiplayer in NMS and if another project like Dual Universe can pull it off so be it. :)