Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't stop playing Warband.

2»

Comments

  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member RarePosts: 4,176
    edited August 2016
    filmoret said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Ranged in my opinion can't be done well with a gamepad due to the gravity and twitch play.

    Unless you wait for them to get close lol.
    They use something called aim assist.  It is the only reason any fps is playable on consoles.
    But-But-But Head, Body and Legs have different damage values (Not including armour in the equation).... That is still not going to be done well.

    @Sovrath

    Yep that siege trailer got me really exited on bannerlord. Be warned warband doesn't have destructible buildings tough. There are also ways to cheese a lot of enemy soldiers while defending with a two handed weapon or my personal favourite way, using a great maul (Very heavy hammer) that has the ability to crush to guards. Just be careful of those pesky archers and their headshots heh..

  • HakulaniHakulani Member UncommonPosts: 47
    What do you guys mean by mods? Like DLC or cheat mods like for WoW and so on.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member RarePosts: 4,176
    Hakulani said:
    What do you guys mean by mods? Like DLC or cheat mods like for WoW and so on.
    Content made freely by people like for example extra weapons, zones, campaigns etc etc

  • HakulaniHakulani Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Thanks Bloodaxes, was thinking about buying, saw how many hours people put into the game and omg on some, 1000+ hours for some.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,955
    Console gameplay at gamescon 2016
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Hakulani said:
    What do you guys mean by mods? Like DLC or cheat mods like for WoW and so on.
    The game is made for them so you don't have to alter the game files.  You just place the mod in the "mod" folder and then you can play it from the launcher.  Mods are player build versions of the game.  From Lord of the Rings to Game of Thrones to civil war era.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    This makes me feel like I traveled back in time five or so years...

    In a good way though. Played this a bunch back when they first launched it and then intermittently when big mods would come up. Haven't played it in the last couple years though.

    "The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,415
    edited August 2016
    Asheram said:
    Wow that is awesome news, can't wait to pick that up.

    But yeah, I imagine archery will be a lot harder.
    ....
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,415
    Some finer details of the ps4 release:

    The port will feature slightly up-scaled resources, alongside a few post-processing effects; nothing major in my opinion.There will be no modding support.There will be no Viking Conquest or Napoleonic Wars.The price will stay with the PC version (excluding sales).Multiplayer is staying limited to 32-players.
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/14/mount-and-blade-ps4-coming-this-sept/

    No mods is a bummer, but the vanilla game is awesome and lasts for ages.
    ....
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    bleh when I'm out of jail I wanna make a mod thread and give a few suggestions about them.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,955
    filmoret said:
    bleh when I'm out of jail I wanna make a mod thread and give a few suggestions about them.
    You play Warband in jail?
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Asheram said:
    filmoret said:
    bleh when I'm out of jail I wanna make a mod thread and give a few suggestions about them.
    You play Warband in jail?
    You gotta seige the town or break me out bro.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,055
    I only have 110 hours apparently.   I thought it would be more.  Maybe I didn't always play it on Steam.  Still one of my favourite games of all time. . still play on occasion.

    Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,055
    edited August 2016
    Sovrath said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    filmoret said:
    Oh yea one of my most memorable times was trying to break my companions out of prison because they had been captured.
    It's also very challenging when you attempt to free a lord from a prison since you are not with your real gear but ragged clothes and a wooden stick against soldiers in real armor and weapons.
    You guys have convinced me, I'm "totally" buying this. That siege video posted above looked amazing.
    I believe that video is from the sequel that is coming out.  Still do it though!

    EDIT:  just watched the video again. . not much different other than the siege engines.

    Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,415
    filmoret said:
    bleh when I'm out of jail I wanna make a mod thread and give a few suggestions about them.
    Looking forward to it; btw stop getting thrown in jail!
    ....
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member RarePosts: 4,176
    Aethaeryn said:
    Sovrath said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    filmoret said:
    Oh yea one of my most memorable times was trying to break my companions out of prison because they had been captured.
    It's also very challenging when you attempt to free a lord from a prison since you are not with your real gear but ragged clothes and a wooden stick against soldiers in real armor and weapons.
    You guys have convinced me, I'm "totally" buying this. That siege video posted above looked amazing.
    I believe that video is from the sequel that is coming out.  Still do it though!

    EDIT:  just watched the video again. . not much different other than the siege engines.
    Well one of my major complaints in warband during sieges was that there was only specific places where you could climb inside their walls. Bannerlord is going to fix that finally.

  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member RarePosts: 4,176
    filmoret said:
    Asheram said:
    filmoret said:
    bleh when I'm out of jail I wanna make a mod thread and give a few suggestions about them.
    You play Warband in jail?
    You gotta seige the town or break me out bro.
    Did you lose a fight or failed to rescue someone from jail?  Cause I can feel you if it's the latter.

    It's so frustrating.

    I usually switch from auto save to manual save until I successfully do it because I see no reason why I can't hide a weapon under that big ass clothing you wear.

  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,955
    So if you was still planning on buying Warband now is the time as its 75% off on steam atm. $4.99
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Asheram said:
    So if you was still planning on buying Warband now is the time as its 75% off on steam atm. $4.99
    SWEET DOOD!!! Viking conquest 3.74 and the entire collection is 11.24
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,055
    Bloodaxes said:
    Aethaeryn said:
    Sovrath said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    filmoret said:
    Oh yea one of my most memorable times was trying to break my companions out of prison because they had been captured.
    It's also very challenging when you attempt to free a lord from a prison since you are not with your real gear but ragged clothes and a wooden stick against soldiers in real armor and weapons.
    You guys have convinced me, I'm "totally" buying this. That siege video posted above looked amazing.
    I believe that video is from the sequel that is coming out.  Still do it though!

    EDIT:  just watched the video again. . not much different other than the siege engines.
    Well one of my major complaints in warband during sieges was that there was only specific places where you could climb inside their walls. Bannerlord is going to fix that finally.
    Ah yeah that does suck.  Good to know ! :)

    Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,415
    The main thing I don't like about sieges in Warband is that I run out of arrows and you can't arrange stockpiles in your keep which is kind of strange. The new siege mechanic in Bannerlord looks awesome though.
    ....
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member RarePosts: 4,176
    YashaX said:
    The main thing I don't like about sieges in Warband is that I run out of arrows and you can't arrange stockpiles in your keep which is kind of strange. The new siege mechanic in Bannerlord looks awesome though.
    Bring a crushthrough weapon and overhead spam for the win :P

  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Well after playing Viking Conquest a bit.  It has a nice story to follow.  Massive battles that my computer cannot handle.  700 I believe is the max.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,665
    Bloodaxes said:
    filmoret said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Ranged in my opinion can't be done well with a gamepad due to the gravity and twitch play.

    Unless you wait for them to get close lol.
    They use something called aim assist.  It is the only reason any fps is playable on consoles.
    But-But-But Head, Body and Legs have different damage values (Not including armour in the equation).... That is still not going to be done well.

    @Sovrath

    Yep that siege trailer got me really exited on bannerlord. Be warned warband doesn't have destructible buildings tough. There are also ways to cheese a lot of enemy soldiers while defending with a two handed weapon or my personal favourite way, using a great maul (Very heavy hammer) that has the ability to crush to guards. Just be careful of those pesky archers and their headshots heh..
    Thanks, appreciate it.



  • Jamesw30Jamesw30 Member CommonPosts: 10
    sounds awesome
Sign In or Register to comment.