Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst release since Anarchy Online 2001.. Its a shame Hello Games

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
what a piece of impudence by Hello Games to release this unfinished beta game just to make some cash finally.

They should be ashamed !

Stutter, Memory leaks , Bugs Bugs , Crashes here and everywhere...

obviously paid people to post positive reviews everywhere on the interenet..

The truth is that only a few lucky persons can play this game without problems.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is what these 15 developers wanted after creating Hype around this planet...
Shame on you guys !

you were lieing about Multiplayer too , other players wont be visible ? So whats the point ???

This is really unbelievable....  this whole game release is a mess

so glad i was smart enough and tested this game for "free" and saved my hard earned $60

Comments

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    No bugs, only 2 crashes, no stutter so far, smooth launch, fun game.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Goromhir said:
    what a piece of impudence by Hello Games to release this unfinished beta game just to make some cash finally.

They should be ashamed !

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is what these 15 developers wanted after creating Hype around this planet...
    Shame on you guys !

you were lieing about Multiplayer too , other players wont be visible ? So whats the point ???

so glad i was smart enough and tested this game for "free" and saved my hard earned $60
    You obviously were not there at the launch of AO if you think this compares to that. There was NO playing AO for days, for anyone.

This is a rough launch for some systems, but not all. It is just certain systems and vid cards that have the can not play at all.

Myself, no issues at all. Lot of others it is the same play for hours and no problems. So it is for sure limited to certain PC builds/vid/cpu types that have bad issues.

But i was there in AO at launch...i could not play at all for over a week. This is smooth as silk in comparison to that mess. I feel for those that are having issues...but really way over the top in your comparison here.:)  
  • MeanbaeMeanbae Member CommonPosts: 4
    Daikuru said:
    No bugs, only 2 crashes, no stutter so far, smooth launch, fun game.
    Ya same deal.. I mean I find the game boring at this point, but performance isn't really an issue.  In fact I don't know anyone who has had any issues with the PC version.  Obviously that's a small sample size, but all the complaints about performance was surprising to me.  
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lol, No where near AO release , i was there , and as far as NMS , been playing with np at all.. hang in there im sure they will get some optimization patches out asap...

And the truth is most are able to play actually , with 212k on Steam alone last nite ,, PS4 has had even less problems ...
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited August 2016
    There has been bad releases frequently enough. Though recently what we see much is console > pc ports not facing the proper care to make sure the release won't face problems.

That mirrored itself on the massive amount of backlash the game gets on reviews on PC, that are majorly because of specific hardware issues and performance. This could have been avoided.

There's things that also hit a friend here, the no dx with only +4.5 opengl gpus that for some reason were never mentioned before by the devs.
  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    DarLorkar said:
    Goromhir said:

They should be ashamed !

Shame on you guys !

You obviously were not there at the launch of AO if you think this compares to that. There was NO playing AO for days, for anyone.

This is a rough launch for some systems, but not all. It is just certain systems and vid cards that have the can not play at all.

Myself, no issues at all. Lot of others it is the same play for hours and no problems. So it is for sure limited to certain PC builds/vid/cpu types that have bad issues.

But i was there in AO at launch...i could not play at all for over a week. This is smooth as silk in comparison to that mess. I feel for those that are having issues...but really way over the top in your comparison here.:)  
    i am not sure what exactly you want to prove but, if you have no problems then my congratulations you are one of thousands. maybe your a employee of Hello Games.... i dont know if i can trust anyone that claims NMS is running on their computers....

i was playing at AO launch and i think i never again had to reconnect to a game so often in one night.

DAOC was almost a similar mess. And yes i was there too at release day..

yea i think i dont trust people claiming this game is working perfect for them..... 

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I think some people make things up in their heads and just run with it........
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    smooth launch, FUN game, no install problems and bug free so far! Don't know what the hell your talking about OP.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Goromhir said:
    DarLorkar said:
    Goromhir said:

They should be ashamed !

Shame on you guys !

i am not sure what exactly you want to prove but, if you have no problems then my congratulations you are one of thousands. maybe your a employee of Hello Games.... i dont know if i can trust anyone that claims NMS is running on their computers....

i was playing at AO launch and i think i never again had to reconnect to a game so often in one night.

yea i think i dont trust people claiming this game is working perfect for them..... 

I don't know anything about NMS, but have to totally disagree about DAOC launch. DAOC had one of the most flawless launches ever.....

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Once I tweaked my gfx settings, the game run smoothly on my PC. I haven't crashed once.

Some people are having issues, sure, but this is nothing compared to AO's launch, lol

I'm willing to bet that the majority of PC players are actually playing with minor or no issues. Just look at the concurrent player numbers on Steam...
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited August 2016
    I'm willing to bet that the majority of PC players are actually playing with minor or no issues. Just look at the concurrent player numbers on Steam...
    Certainly so. Overall on steam alone we see 16 thousand negative reviews (42% of total) that are on their majority complains about performance & stability, so NMS's release kinda did harsher than what was expect-able.
  • VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    sevitoth said:
    Goromhir said:
    DarLorkar said:
    Goromhir said:

They should be ashamed !

Shame on you guys !

I don't know anything about NMS, but have to totally disagree about DAOC launch. DAOC had one of the most flawless launches ever.....
    Heh, I was just about to say the same thing. DAoC was one of the best releases I ever experienced.
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    welp, glad I bought it on PS4 if thats the case, however, either way, the game is far to rinse and repeat currently to hold my attention, stopped playing after two days. hope they release some new stuff, and quick
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Goromhir said:
    DarLorkar said:
    Goromhir said:

They should be ashamed !

Shame on you guys !

Heh no trust needed...just go look at some youtube or streams. There are for sure serious issues for some people. But not all.

I did not buy game for a day because i was not sure if i could play it. But i read up on who were having issues and who was not. Made the decision easy. My system was one that seemed to be ok to play the game.

Anyhow, your post was over the top, as i stated in my post.  This game was a pretty good release on Consoles, and not so good for some folks on PC that  had certain types of hardware. 

Not in AO's class at all:) And i do not remember DAOC's launch. And i was there, so i think it must not of been too bad. Cause man....AO...i still  remember that. Something that is never going to be forgotten.

Just for reference . My main parts in system i am playing on.

Asus Z97 MB 
    EVGA GTX 980
    Intel I7 4790K
    16 gig ram
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    I'm having some very minor performance issues 95% of the time.  The other 5% of the time, I get a random frame rate drop to about 5fps.  I can't get rid of it unless I restart.  I will have to do some searching on the interwebz for a fix.  As I'm sure I'm not the only one.

As far as gameplay?  It seems a bit daunting at first.  But, after learning the systems, the game is actually quite shallow.  It's a shame they didn't put some real effort into multiplayer.  This game COULD have been huge.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    OP is just another short fuse raging maniac that cannot be bothered to adjust the graphic settings in the game to match his/her hardware! /Facepalm

First thing you need to do is dissable VSync and set the FPS max from default 30 to Max in settings.
    Also adjust the resolution setting from default 1920x1080 to your monitor's native resolution.

If you have a low end card, it will also greatly help to disable AA.

As final option, you can disable GSync in the game's graphic settings file (or simply register for beta in Steam and download the latest patch)
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    no fucks given about the launch or people trying to run the game on crap computers.

Its just that its one of the least best options in the current Space Genre and yet it got the most fan hype I dont understand why people do not know these other options exist and all this 'its not the same focus because No mansSky is more focused on Not things that having things' arguement

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

edited August 2016
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/#app_reviews_hash

http://steamcommunity.com/games/275850/announcements/detail/812158047921530272

thats all you need to check before buying.

mostly "Not recommended" by the people

companies are sending out their employees to sites like this to do positive votes an give positive comments on their bad working games like for ex. NMS. it has always been like this.

Also DAOC in 2001 had a bad launch, people went link dead every few minutes while playing for weeks after launch me and my friends included. The game was so addictive and fun that we just dealt with the link deads.
    Radar cheaters appeared and Mythic entertainment was clueless how to react and detect them.

As i said, dont trust these super positive people here, they are possibly not normal players like you or me....

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    If it had been any worse they would have had to pull it from Steam's store like Arkham Knight.
    Awful that a single player game had gone through so little QA.
    DAS1337 said:
    I'm having some very minor performance issues 95% of the time.  The other 5% of the time, I get a random frame rate drop to about 5fps.  I can't get rid of it unless I restart.  I will have to do some searching on the interwebz for a fix.  As I'm sure I'm not the only one.

As far as gameplay?  It seems a bit daunting at first.  But, after learning the systems, the game is actually quite shallow.  It's a shame they didn't put some real effort into multiplayer.  This game COULD have been huge.
    yes i agree about the multiplayer concern.

imagine how nice it would have been if you finally meet another player somewhere on a planet after playing a few days, weeks or month. 

this game is simply not finished and rushed out to create some $$$$$$

thats the only truth :awesome: why this game went live as beta

Money..
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Goromhir said:

this Link on steam is all you need if you are interested in this game.

companies are sending out their employees to sites like this to do positive votes an give positive comments on their bad working games like for ex. NMS. it has always been like this.

Also DAOC in 2001 had a bad launch, people went link dead every few minutes while playing for weeks after launch me and my friends included. The game was so addictive and fun that we just dealt with the link deads.
    Radar cheaters appeared and Mythic entertainment was clueless how to react and detect them.

As i said, dont trust these super positive people here, they are possibly not normal players like you or me....

like I said, no fucks given about any of that because on paper the game has less to do by far then pretty much every single space game out there currently, why would anyone even have this on their radar to begin with is confusing to me.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    MaxBacon said:
    Certainly so. Overall on steam alone we see 16 thousand negative reviews (42% of total) that are on their majority complains about performance & stability, so NMS's release kinda did harsher than what was expect-able.
    I wish people would only review a game that they have actually played. If their system isn't up to it or their settings are off, then to review it because it won't start or display properly is misguided. Yes, review it once played but not before. They can get a steam refund within 2 hours and no damage done, but instead they write a bad review about a game they haven't even played. Pathetic.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Goromhir said:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/275850/announcements/detail/812158047921530272

thats all you need to check before buying.

All that were complaints about the game's performance on Day 1 of release. Simply because People couldn't be bothered to adjust the graphic settings.

The review score is actually moving towards more positive, now people have calmed down and changed their settings properly.
    But that is going to take a long time to correct the review score, as People were raging like mad last saturday on Steam.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited August 2016
    I think the major issues are for PC when playing with keyboard+mouse. The UI and controls for k+b are laughably bad. As if the devs never played a game using k+b on PC.

EDIT: Have to comment about the graphics issues. This is clearly a bad port. A lot of CPU/GPU setups are not or poorly supported on PC. Even though they exceed requirements in performance.