Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are You Still Against Selling Pearl Items?

Comments

• holyneoholyneo Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Dead game, population took a huge hit.  Don't see how they can change there reputation, even if they pulled the pearl items off.  So regardless on your stance about it, the players voted with absence.
  • PinoXPinoX Member UncommonPosts: 71
    edited August 2016
    Sovrath said:
    PinoX said:

Sovrath said:

PinoX said:

Sovrath said:

No one ever said things wouldn't change. Heck, I've said over and over that people will leave for a variety of reasons. there are very few games that don't have people leave for one reason or another.

What people are saying is that the seemingly "few" people who have left over this haven't affected their game play in the negative. If you don't want to accept that this is the case (your lovely word "denial") that is your affair.

Otherwise it feels a bit like a temper tantrum "oh, we'll show them, we'll leave and they will be sorry".

The whole thing starts from me quoting Albatroes' reference to "It doesn't affect my gameplay" defense. I disagree on it like he/she did.

Then you go and said it doesn't affect my gameplay but it's affected anyway.

Then you just said "no one ever said things wouldn't change" up there.

Make up your mind.

Those who stay will be happy to stay, like in their own zone of happiness. That is true. Even WHO has follower till it's official death.

It's not that i'm accepting the case or not. Fact is the game heading south with this decision, big picture. Not little zone of happiness that one create for themselves.

My reference to denial is to Albtroes' reference.

It will affect your gameplay no matter how you isolate in your zone of happiness. Saying it doesn't just plain denial, positive or not.

How's this ...

When he said it doesn't affect his game play he meant negatively (which I did as well)

As far as your other point: This was the statement:

"Yah ppl who gonna stay will stay, it doesn't change the fact the game's health will go south."

and no one has ever said the game wouldn't lose players over the course of time like all mmo's lose players. It doesn't mean that the majority of players who have left have left because of this change.

Albatroes didn't say a thing you said that he said.
    Man, the word "denial" must have triggered your inner soul so badly to the point ...

Albatroes said:
    Gotta love the "it doesn't affect how I play" defense. "Slow" people are why publishers/developers do this stuff and will keep doing this stuff.

The word "Slow" referring to those who claimed "it doesn't affect how i play" didn't actually bothers you. Mind you "Slow" is much more offensive, where it often associated with mental disabilities.

There is nothing wrong with being in denial, as long as one happy. Regardless, game is going south or not. But, denial is denial.
    nah, I just made a mistake of "who said what". The point still stands that when people say "it doesn't affect me" they are saying "in the negative"

So many back and forths I got confused but I"ll own that mistake.

Other than that I still stand by the idea that people who are playing are not in denial and actually enjoy the game because "they are enjoying the game". your insistence that this can't possibly be anything other than denial goes back to my point that you have a very narrow and "me centric" view. If one enjoys the game then there is no way they can enjoy it unless they are in denial.

And that's just bollocks.

To each of their own,
    My definition of narrow is different from yours. Being happy in a game that might be heading to collapse that is. I put out my example on WHO, yah sky was blue, wind was blowing, everything was fine for those who still playing till WHO plug was pulled. It was never "fine" in the big picture of the game. I'm not saying BDO is heading to collapse for sure.

I found it funny the word "Slow" didn't actually made you pissed, but "denial" made you gone haywire against me. Funny ... I must have nicked a nerve or something with the word.

┐(‘~`;)┌

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Don t worry PinoX, the next comment will be that Sovrath has 20K plus posts, so he knows all, you know nothing.

Anyone thinking this game isn t taking a turn for the worse is in huge denial, even if they won t admit it.

Soki123 said:

Don t worry PinoX, the next comment will be that Sovrath has 20K plus posts, so he knows all, you know nothing.

Anyone thinking this game isn t taking a turn for the worse is in huge denial, even if they won t admit it.

Auuw, ty. I'm Jon Snow then .... i know nothing. (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    holyneo said:
    Dead game, population took a huge hit.  Don't see how they can change there reputation, even if they pulled the pearl items off.  So regardless on your stance about it, the players voted with absence.
    There will likely be a percentage that make a token protest by staying out of game for a few days, must admit, i played the game hard for months, and walking away from it was not an easy thing to do.
    The next few weeks will really be telling in terms of how many leave and how many stay, its far too early yet to be calling it one way or the other, as despite everything, BDO is a really good game, which just makes it worse really.
  • LoudWisperLoudWisper Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Phry said:
    holyneo said:
    There will likely be a percentage that make a token protest by staying out of game for a few days, must admit, i played the game hard for months, and walking away from it was not an easy thing to do.
    The next few weeks will really be telling in terms of how many leave and how many stay, its far too early yet to be calling it one way or the other, as despite everything, BDO is a really good game, which just makes it worse really.
    Agree with you but I stood in the Middle of heidel and there is a big noticeable difference in traffic 
  • holyneoholyneo Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Phry said:
    holyneo said:
    It was like a 80-90% hit on Edan servers.  I still play, on a casual level getting my daily's and afk fishing.  I noticed Friday,Saturday, and a little Sunday population tick up a bit then fall right off on Monday. Time will tell I hope the game doesn't die, but then again I am very disappointed on how things have evolved.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    PinoX said:
    Sovrath said:
    PinoX said:

Sovrath said:

PinoX said:

Sovrath said:

No one ever said things wouldn't change. Heck, I've said over and over that people will leave for a variety of reasons. there are very few games that don't have people leave for one reason or another.

What people are saying is that the seemingly "few" people who have left over this haven't affected their game play in the negative. If you don't want to accept that this is the case (your lovely word "denial") that is your affair.

Otherwise it feels a bit like a temper tantrum "oh, we'll show them, we'll leave and they will be sorry".

The whole thing starts from me quoting Albatroes' reference to "It doesn't affect my gameplay" defense. I disagree on it like he/she did.

Make up your mind.

Those who stay will be happy to stay, like in their own zone of happiness. That is true. Even WHO has follower till it's official death.

It's not that i'm accepting the case or not. Fact is the game heading south with this decision, big picture. Not little zone of happiness that one create for themselves.

It will affect your gameplay no matter how you isolate in your zone of happiness. Saying it doesn't just plain denial, positive or not.

How's this ...

When he said it doesn't affect his game play he meant negatively (which I did as well)

"Yah ppl who gonna stay will stay, it doesn't change the fact the game's health will go south."

and no one has ever said the game wouldn't lose players over the course of time like all mmo's lose players. It doesn't mean that the majority of players who have left have left because of this change.

Man, the word "denial" must have triggered your inner soul so badly to the point ...

Albatroes said:
    Gotta love the "it doesn't affect how I play" defense. "Slow" people are why publishers/developers do this stuff and will keep doing this stuff.

The word "Slow" referring to those who claimed "it doesn't affect how i play" didn't actually bothers you. Mind you "Slow" is much more offensive, where it often associated with mental disabilities.

There is nothing wrong with being in denial, as long as one happy. Regardless, game is going south or not. But, denial is denial.
    nah, I just made a mistake of "who said what". The point still stands that when people say "it doesn't affect me" they are saying "in the negative"

Other than that I still stand by the idea that people who are playing are not in denial and actually enjoy the game because "they are enjoying the game". your insistence that this can't possibly be anything other than denial goes back to my point that you have a very narrow and "me centric" view. If one enjoys the game then there is no way they can enjoy it unless they are in denial.

To each of their own,
    My definition of narrow is different from yours. Being happy in a game that might be heading to collapse that is. I put out my example on WHO, yah sky was blue, wind was blowing, everything was fine for those who still playing till WHO plug was pulled. It was never "fine" in the big picture of the game. I'm not saying BDO is heading to collapse for sure.

I found it funny the word "Slow" didn't actually made you pissed, but "denial" made you gone haywire against me. Funny ... I must have nicked a nerve or something with the word.

┐(‘~`;)┌

My issue with someone using the word "denial" in this context is that one party assumes that the world has to be how they see it and that everything else can't be exactly what it purports to be.

It smacks to be of intolerance as well as seeing the world from a rather narrow, maybe even myopic, point of view. 
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Soki123 said:

lol "no" I just like talkign about games and I type over 85 words per minute, and I'm an extrovert so "a lot of posts". Since my friends don't enjoy video games it's you lot.

Though in truth I do enjoy the people here and look forward, for the most part, in talking about games with them.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    People who love playing games don't want to be hassled with greed. Unfortunately greed wants to rear its ugly head inside everything we do. There is no making sense to it. I read some of these well thought out posts that bring up many points, and they sound reasonable, but in the end greed cannot be masked with eloquent words and justifications. The old adage "It is what it is.", never rang truer.

edited August 2016
    Sovrath said:
    PinoX said:
    Sovrath said:
    PinoX said:

Sovrath said:

PinoX said:

Sovrath said:

Make up your mind.

How's this ...

Albatroes said:

To each of their own,

┐(‘~`;)┌

My issue with someone using the word "denial" in this context is that one party assumes that the world has to be how they see it and that everything else can't be exactly what it purports to be.

It smacks to be of intolerance as well as seeing the world from a rather narrow, maybe even myopic, point of view. 
    There is nothing narrow about looking at the big picture of the game and how ppl seems to be perfectly fine on game that is heading to impending doom is sorta in some state of denial.
    Like I said, i'm no where near being narrow minded. As long as you are happy, keep playing, to do that you have to shut out (narrow down your view) the big picture of the game direction and the changes from your mind.
    No one gonna stop you forking out money throwing it in Daum's direction, supporting them.

I really severed a nerve. Bleeding badly.

( ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)  

edited August 2016
    Sovrath said:
    Soki123 said:

lol "no" I just like talkign about games and I type over 85 words per minute, and I'm an extrovert so "a lot of posts". Since my friends don't enjoy video games it's you lot.

Though in truth I do enjoy the people here and look forward, for the most part, in talking about games with them.
    He didn't mean to be offensive. It was a joke. Lighten up. Geez, so serious. 85 words per minutes reference totally kills it.
    PinoX said:

Like I said, i'm no where near being narrow minded. 
    but ya kind of are ... And regardless of how cute you try to be, you really can only accept your way of looking at things because there is no way it can be anything else.

So we are are right back at the start. Congratulations!

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Sovrath you re doing the exact same thing, just give it up.
    Sovrath said:
    PinoX said:

but ya kind of are ... And regardless of how cute you try to be, you really can only accept your way of looking at things because there is no way it can be anything else.

I supposed pretending everything is fine with the game as long as you are happy is not the definition of denial for you then. Talk about being narrow minded.

Grats, you are happy man who refuses to look at the big picture.
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

Nilden said:

Start prepping for the server merge and F2P.

With all but a few mmo's still hanging in there as subscription based server merges and going ftp is normal practice. It's double dipping if you ask me all sugar coated with the misconception that the game needs it for future content or rescue. Unless is see real numbers from a company I think it's marketing bs.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    I still cant believe people view as this is not pay to win. I have time to play but do not have money and yet I have no chance to ever catch up to anything.

metaphor- a group of people went on a run. All runners were running to the next town and then the next and so on. But there seemed to be a group of runners that keep getting to the next town hours before the other runners. When asked how they do that I am running all the time and you seem to get here so fast? Reply Oh I just by a car from the cash shop.

Most would stop running.

Catch up to what?  Is there content in the game that you cant ever see without paying money?
    edited August 2016
    mikuniman said:

Nilden said:

Start prepping for the server merge and F2P.

With all but a few mmo's still hanging in there as subscription based server merges and going ftp is normal practice. It's double dipping if you ask me all sugar coated with the misconception that the game needs it for future content or rescue. Unless is see real numbers from a company I think it's marketing bs.
    The game is a copy paste. If they carry on, you'll be for sure now to receive the direction of the KR content more or less. Now that they went ahead with the decision, it's probably a sure thing. So F2P is coming.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    But they still can not stop playing.  :o

Recore said:

I heard the game is rank 80 something in KR (including other type of games). So it's not even that popular anymore in KR.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    People who love playing games don't want to be hassled with greed. Unfortunately greed wants to rear its ugly head inside everything we do. There is no making sense to it. I read some of these well thought out posts that bring up many points, and they sound reasonable, but in the end greed cannot be masked with eloquent words and justifications. The old adage "It is what it is.", never rang truer.
    Out of curiosity, now that the box sales are mostly done are you positive BDO was earning enough to support its development as well as support some R&D for future games?  

Everyone is quick to jump on the greed bandwagon, but sometimes changes have to be made in order to justify a game's existence.  I dont know if thats the case, but Im sure you dont either.  But people love to rage so they just assume the worst.

Also, your line about greed applies just as much to the chargeback scum.  They are acting just as bad as they think Daum is.  Only we actually know they are being scum, we are only speculating with Daum.
    edited August 2016
    syriinx said:
    Out of curiosity, now that the box sales are mostly done are you positive BDO was earning enough to support its development as well as support some R&D for future games?  

Everyone is quick to jump on the greed bandwagon, but sometimes changes have to be made in order to justify a game's existence.  I dont know if thats the case, but Im sure you dont either.  But people love to rage so they just assume the worst.

Also, your line about greed applies just as much to the chargeback scum.  They are acting just as bad as they think Daum is.  Only we actually know they are being scum, we are only speculating with Daum.
    I read somewhere on reddit i think, don't have the link, the earning from the game is way above expectation. So they have plenty of cushion before heading to f2p. Who knows? may be changing their mind and revert the changes before f2p becomes reality. Cost for a whole year is covered, i think.
    PinoX said:
    Sovrath said:
    PinoX said:

I supposed pretending everything is fine with the game as long as you are happy is not the definition of denial for you then. Talk about being narrow minded.

Grats, you are happy man who refuses to look at the big picture.
    I think the big picture is pretty plain to see.

they had a game that was sold as a f2p game over in the east. They realized that the west didn't really like the idea of f2p games and that many in the west preferred the b2p moniker over f2p as they found it more legit.

So Daum decided to sell the game, set up as a f2p game, as a b2p game so as to get more people. However, the original business model always had cash shop items, part of that was allowing players to buy items and then sell them in the market place for in game money.

Since western players might not like that (even though there are games that allow that such as Aion and no one seems to complain) they told players they wouldn't do it at launch "but" if they did do it in the future they would have controls.

And true to their nature, some gamers took that as "they will never allow pearl items in the marketplace.

After they made their initial money they wanted "more" money so they finally opened it up so that players can gain in game money "but" with controls. The players who thought nothing would change threw a fit, some left, I'm sure some threatened to leave and some just shrugged their shoulders, whether they liked it or not and just kept playing.

The game is no more heading toward impending doom than Arche Age did. It will just wind down to have it's core group of people like any game before it. That is, as I see it, the big picture. It's business as usual with modern mmo's.

PinoX said:
    Recore said:

I heard the game is rank 80 something in KR (including other type of games). So it's not even that popular anymore in KR.

Dont care about Korea. They said the same thing before the game even released in the West.
    Aori said:
    For me personally this was a good move. Now the playing field in my opinion is far more level. Items that were previous unobtainable are now obtainable by playing the game. The benefit of the premium outfits and subscription is really good. I couldn't afford to buy outfits for every character I wanted to play and thus it was disheartening to switch characters. Now it isn't such a big deal.

I won't ever sell premium items but I welcome being able to buy them with in game currency. I don't understand how this can upset you if you're against pay to win. Now I don't have to pay any real money to keep up if I want, I can just play as I want.

Pretty much the same way I feel.  ;)