Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Mans Sky~~~~!!!!

2»

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited August 2016
    Axehilt said:
    Really can't understand why someone would choose NMS over Starbound unless they really liked NMS' mediocre art style or (more likely) disliked Starbound's pixel art style.  Apart from that Starbound really just seems to do everything better than NMS.
    whats not to understnd , I own both they are very differnet experiences....imo
  • ShavaKaShavaKa Member UncommonPosts: 91
    There was more hype than Sean wanted. He turned down large sums of money, and wanted to make a game that pierced the heart like good old games of the past once did.

That being said - I've never played NMS.

But reading around and getting into Sean's head a little - it would seem that in order to find other players, all you need is a big enough fire.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Flyte27 said:
    It appears to be possible to meet other players, but unlikely due to the size of the universe.

I've played the game for about an hour and so far it's all be gathering items, crafting things to repair my space ship, and replenishing the power of my suit and mining laser tool.  I'm not certain how long this will keep me entertained, but It's fairly fun at the beginning.  I don't see how it will keep me going long without a story though.  On the plus side the world I started on looks pretty good considering how it was created.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/no-mans-sky-ps4-multiplayer-latest-easter-eggs-sean-murray-hello-games-sony-a7186906.html

Apparently that has being completely debunked.  At this time you will never see another player even if you're standing on the same planet in the same place at the same time.  People have already done it, and they dont see each other.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    If you want to play this game get the PS4 version, all the controls are designed for a controller.  Worst UI I have seen in a while for a PC version.  

After trying it for a few hours I got a refund on Steam.  Maybe if they fix the controls I might give it another chance later.

And to those that think they will add multiplayer later, a big lol.  They would have to add a lot more content to make mulitplayer useful.  

If you like games like this wait for Astroneer, a much better exploration game and you can actually build things.  Oh it is multiplayer too.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    edited August 2016
    Ozmodan said:
    If you want to play this game get the PS4 version, all the controls are designed for a controller.  Worst UI I have seen in a while for a PC version.  

After trying it for a few hours I got a refund on Steam.  Maybe if they fix the controls I might give it another chance later.

And to those that think they will add multiplayer later, a big lol.  They would have to add a lot more content to make mulitplayer useful.  

If you like games like this wait for Astroneer, a much better exploration game and you can actually build things.  Oh it is multiplayer too.
    How so?  
    I'm playing on PC, the controls are very standard and I think they function very well.
    There was a GIF on Reddit of someone trying to fight a drone with a controller and he couldn't even hit it...

I think it's mouse + keyboard or don't play it tbh.

Edit : you're right about multiplayer, the game is VERY single player, they shouldn't have ever tried to make it online or 'multiplayer' ish at all.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Dullahan said:
    Xodic said:
    Dullahan said:

The last person it may appeal to is the completionist. Not necessarily because they're having a great time, but because their ADD will compel them to learn all the languages and fully upgrade everything until they finally reach the center of the universe.
    That's not at all how ADD works. Attention deficit disorder actually 'prevents' you from finishing...

Look, a squirrel...

Sorry obsessive compulsive disorder.
    I wonder if it's possible to have both ADD and OCD at the same time ? 

What a nightmare...
    My wife has OCD and my niece has ADD.  If you combined the two of them into one girl...

SHIVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR 

It is too scary to even think about.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i don't pay money for small little single player games;)
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    edited August 2016
    Axehilt said:
    Really can't understand why someone would choose NMS over Starbound unless they really liked NMS' mediocre art style or (more likely) disliked Starbound's pixel art style.  Apart from that Starbound really just seems to do everything better than NMS.
    Well, there's the extra X axis and space as a thing you can travel through and interact with to some degree rather than simply being the thing your ship moves through between loading planets.

Honestly seems more like what people wanted from NMS they should have been looking at Space Engineers or Interstellar Rift for.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    GladDog said:
    Dullahan said:
    Xodic said:
    Dullahan said:

The last person it may appeal to is the completionist. Not necessarily because they're having a great time, but because their ADD will compel them to learn all the languages and fully upgrade everything until they finally reach the center of the universe.
    That's not at all how ADD works. Attention deficit disorder actually 'prevents' you from finishing...

Look, a squirrel...

Sorry obsessive compulsive disorder.
    I wonder if it's possible to have both ADD and OCD at the same time ? 

What a nightmare...
    My wife has OCD and my niece has ADD.  If you combined the two of them into one girl...

SHIVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR 

It is too scary to even think about.
    I just have to say kudos to you for sticking by their side,family issues can lead to problems so i wish the best for you and family.

As to the game,i would seriously hope that  most everyone understands HOW a game like this is made and is all about assets.Just understanding auto generated assets goes a long way in understanding the potential of this type of game.

We  are simply not ready for this nor does any developer not having Blizzard type cash flow,capable of pulling off such a game with triple A standards.

Opinions vary from person to person on what would justify a triple A game or a rating of even 7/10.If you can fathom a 3-4/10 and still enjoy this type of game,then great go for it,but nobody should expect anymore than that from this type of game design.
    I personally love this type of game and wish we could have seen more like it 15 years ago,but times move slowly and budgets stifle even the biggest dreams,so i would not expect a triple A game like this for another 10+ years.

This type of game reminds me of VR,both in their infancy stages,just barely breaking ground zero.get back to me in the year 2025.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.