Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All accounts are reactivated for 15 year anniversary!

FizblixFizblix Member UncommonPosts: 130
http://www.anarchy-online.com/news/15th-anniversary-celebration

"Anarchy Online's 15-year Anniversary

Hello everyone, Michizure here! Here we are, one year older and wiser. In this letter I will be detailing the 2016 Anniversary event, which will go from June 23rd until July 11th. Come log in and celebrate with us!

Everyone is Invited!

For the duration of the Anniversary celebration, accounts that have been frozen and/or gone unpaid, and are in good standing, will be able to log in freely for the duration of the event! You can download either client here: Standard Client or New Engine. On June 23rd, we'll be updating the installers to bring you to the 18.8.15 version, but feel free to grab the client now and update in preparation."

Mostly Harmless Guild   ♦  Youtube  ♦  Sponsored by Mr. Beer

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Holy Mackerel 15 years!

I still remember betaing this game while still playing Everquest. I was new to the beta thing I think I went to beta may be DAoC and SWG or may be my sequence is wrong but I still recall being in awe of an MMORPG other than EQ.

I recall the armless Leets with their "ru nubi ?" The bird of paradise and their "I'll get my main" which escaped me initially and when I finally realised what it meant I burst out laughing. The shotgun trader I played equipping better shotguns by draining skill from a creature and then equipping the weapon. What a blast this game was. I enjoyed it a lot.

Playing engineers and loving the whole I own a droid army feel. I miss that wonder of a new game.

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    This game is horrible and has not aged well. I came back to find it has become like the movie idiocracy.
    The players that are still around are the worst elitist pricks I have seen in a very long while. Here is some of the insanity I have encountered.

They keep upgrading the difficulty of the instances even though the population is next to nothing and dropping so its only doable by only hard core raiders of the population and the rest are credit slaves buying gear from them through rmt of grace sales. Getting a team with no experience is impossible.

Nothing runs or gets done. Basic functions such as leveling never run. You have to pay someone to level your toon in a new developed special designed area for xp now dubbed afk new inferno for 15m a level or so or wait hours to get a team or to make a team.

The gmi market is empty of symbiants and its difficult to gain even basic leveling gear without paying a scalper a fortune. Scalpers control the markets and everything.

An npc in 4ho gives a 30% xp buff and its impossible to obtain since the trash players left camp him and wait till 30 seconds before it casts and kill you then laugh at you for wasting 10 minutes waiting there trying to get it.

The basic shop lifter daily is impossible as the shop in omni trade is camped by a dbag with no life for hours a day. He spends his whole life there waiting for the random chance someone will do the daily and zone into the shop so he can kill you. "HAHA I wasted 19 hrs today waiting for the 1/10000000 odds someone would come here with the daily so i could kill them, no daily 4U".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy  This is what this game has become.

I could go on but why bother at this point.
    skullquaker
  • MorningLightComethMorningLightCometh Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited November 2016
    Hello!

Never played Anarchy Online although have played other Funcom games and I've always wanted to try this game so I'm wondering:

- Is it possible and reasonable to solo to higher/highest level in this game?
    - Is it worth to try this game as a new player or rather will there be people to play with that are not veterans?
    - If you would were drunk and during this time tried to guesstimate how much time a newbie had to invest as a solo player and get to end game, what would that amount be? Would it be the same if you were sober?

Thanks!

A bit of a side note: @hobo9766, you answered some of my questions with your reply that I was just about to ask, thank you for that.