Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Olympics

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
It breaks my heart when i watch the Olympics now because being a once hopeful myself,i can't help but think 90% of these athletes are cheating.
I see a guy like Justin Gatlin,already caught for doping but was angered because he claims his first ban was medical..lol.Ok sorry Justin you are forgiven,we will overlook the second ban.../not.

There are or were a couple swimmers already banned that were back competing,i am not in favor what so ever of second chances given to CHEATS.We naturally have allowances for false starts,you get a second chance ,but cheating the world,your country and all competitors who legit work hard and train hard,you are scum of the earth to me.

I knew about EPO for MANY years,also have a saved video from awhile back on the Russian federation scandals.It is just unreal to think they busted a coach or i mean raided his hotel room and found tons of EPO ,ready to administer to CHEAT and likely to sell to other coaches.Of all the research and videos i have watched ,there is good reason the African countries keep winning distance races as EPO has been widespread there for years.

So i try to find some enjoyment in areas i feel there is good chance nobody is cheating,but again you never know.We have this NEW Canadian sprinter "De grassi"who burst on the scene a couple years ago.He worries me,he comes from the American athletic system ,one i have ZERO confidence of athletes being legit.

Is there anyway to enjoy these Olympics and feel the athletes are legit  and true athletes?I like to watch and hope,pray they are but i just can't help feeling that i am watching cheats.

Hopefully i am wrong,congrats to the young Canadian swimmer .Oleksiak and all the rest of the true athletes.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    I think suggesting 90% of the athletes are taking performance enhancing drugs is a huge exaggeration. 
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Let them all take any drugs they want, fair and square.  Would be fun. 

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Don't all winners get tested anyway, as a matter of course?

If cheating is really going to bother you, perhaps just focus on the disciplines that are less about sheer physical prowess and more about skill. That way you know that, even if someone cheated, they still won primarily because they are exceptionally talented at their particular discipline. 

I'm always in mixed minds about performance enhancing drugs. On the one hand, I want all the athletes to be on a level playing field so that it is "fair". On the other hand (as a pure spectator) I couldn't give a shit whether someone cheated or not, I just want to see exciting sports with the best athletes possible. For example, long jump record is currently just shy of 9m. I'd be curious to see just how far they could jump if everyone was allowed performance enhancing drugs. Would they start reaching 10m?
  • tyrapaulstyrapauls Member CommonPosts: 7
    I think dere should be a panel checking or testing the athletes....
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I think they should say fuck it and promote the creation of super athletes amplified with drugs and prosthetics.