Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Knight's Pledge?

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
I am so close to doing this and it would be my first game I helped fund if I did. You get two copies of the game and my wife and I really want to play so its a win. Only thing stopping me is the rewards for the pledge, I want them on both my account and my wife's. Do both copies of the game get the rewards?

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Usually how those reward tiers work in other games is the first account gets them and the second account does not. 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited August 2016
    If it's not promised, then usually it's not delivered either.

The way they describe their packages, it looks like you're not even promised alpha or beta access for that second copy of game.

• Raidan_EQRaidan_EQ Member UncommonPosts: 247
    It's only one account that receives the additional rewards outside the game.  The only reward given to the second person is the game itself.

I'm currently going to give my second copy to my RL brother, but, the closer it gets to alpha/beta, I'm betting he's going to make the plunge as well and we'll have two extra copies to share with friends.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Does Knight's pledge mean one has access to the game "right now" or is it going to be some time in the future? It says "Unlimited Supporter Access" but I'm not clear what that means.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited August 2016
    @Sovrath

There are three tiers on the forum and the Knight pledge "Unlimited Supporter Access" is referring to basic forum access where probably 90% of the discussion takes place (General Discussion). Without the pledge, they are read-only (or, you could alternatively do the $5/mo sub but subs don't accumulate towards a pledge). 

A higher level pledge (or 15/mo sub) gives Champion Level forum access.  Where the highest pledges give VIP forum access and additional perks like pre-alpha testing. 

The pledge packages are the best way to go if you're wanting to support.  You can upgrade them later as well if you wanted a higher tier.

Currently, no one on the forums has access to the game - it will be some time in the future.  Last estimates were early next year.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Raidan_EQ said:
    @Sovrath

There are three tiers on the forum and the Knight pledge "Unlimited Supporter Access" is referring to basic forum access where probably 90% of the discussion takes place (General Discussion). Without the pledge, they are read-only (or, you could alternatively do the $5/mo sub but subs don't accumulate towards a pledge). 

A higher level pledge (or 15/mo sub) gives Champion Level forum access.  Where the highest pledges give VIP forum access and additional perks like pre-alpha testing. 

The pledge packages are the best way to go if you're wanting to support.  You can upgrade them later as well if you wanted a higher tier.

Currently, no one on the forums has access to the game - it will be some time in the future.  Last estimates were early next year.
    That's great information, thanks!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Thank you Raidan! :)

The second copy for all pledges was added so you can bring a friend or family member along to play with you, since we are a group based game we wanted you to have someone to duo with at least to enjoy the world of Terminus. As Raidan mentioned, the bonus copy is purely for access to the released client, it does not hold any bonuses, testing access or rewards, it is just a straight up raw client download that will require a subscription after the trial period has finished, if the person who uses that bonus copy wants the rewards they will have to purchase their own copy of a pledge and in turn, receive their own extra bonus for someone else. :) 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Two bad, playing with friends or in my case wife. Really need an option that gives both accounts bonus perks. Would not even care if the perks were smaller. Thanks for the info everyone. 
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    That is actually a good idea for a higher tier pledge. Offering pledge perks to 2 accounts/games rather than 1 + an extra copy.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    First game I pledged to. And yeah, we don't have access to the game right now, will at least be a few more months.

And yeah, no guarantees but I like what I know about the game so far (here and on the official forum). If it is worth the shot or not is certainly up to you, it wont be a game for everyone but we need a few games doing something different from the rest of them.
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Dullahan said:
    That is actually a good idea for a higher tier pledge. Offering pledge perks to 2 accounts/games rather than 1 + an extra copy.
    You could just make 2 lower tier pledges.
    edited August 2016
    Ya, you could but that is $200. Part of the draw of pre-orders or in this case, pledge packages, is offering people progressively more at a bargain on the basis of it being for a limited time and having more associated risk.

For the same reasons, I think they are missing out on major support by not having a $50 option which is the max most people will spend on a game.

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Dullahan said:
    Ya, you could but that is $200. Part of the draw of pre-orders or in this case, pledge packages, is offering people progressively more at a bargain on the basis of it being for a limited time and having more associated risk.

For the same reasons, I think they are missing out on major support by not having a $50 option which is the max most people will spend on a game.
    Yep still waiting for that one.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited August 2016
    Dullahan said:

I agree.

At the moment any but hardcore fans are calculating that if they just wait they'll get the game at half price when it's eventually released. Expensive packages with very early testing access and nice perks for hardcore fans are good, but Pantheon is making a hardcore fan exclusive community with their package prices.

I think the $100 pledge is fair - especially with the perks like alpha.  I don't think its asking too much with only the extra copy of the game given (which could be 40ish dollars itself). Perhaps if that extra copy was never used, it could be redeemed for some subscription time.

But, I do agree with the above on the $50 amount - I think there's a market for the $50 dollar pledge that is being missed.  I posted this in the covenience thread:

The Supporter Forum Access + 1 Game Copy + 1 month + Beta would be fair at this point for $50.  50 Bucks should get your more now than it would at launch as you're buying in early.  

The $100 tier does include some in-game items, a title, an additional copy of the game, early name reservation, and alpha, so I think there would be enough of a difference to justify the extra 50 bucks if someone was willing to shell it out.  I'd tack on the following pledge:

$50 Squire Pledge:

Unlimited Supporter Access

Beta Access

1 Copy of Game

1 Month Sub

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Raidan_EQ said:

I think the $100 pledge is fair - especially with the perks like alpha.  I don't think its asking too much with only the extra copy of the game given (which could be 40ish dollars itself). Perhaps if that extra copy was never used, it could be redeemed for some subscription time.

But, I do agree with the above on the $50 amount - I think there's a market for the $50 dollar pledge that is being missed.  I posted this in the covenience thread:

The Supporter Forum Access + 1 Game Copy + 1 month + Beta would be fair at this point for $50.  50 Bucks should get your more now than it would at launch as you're buying in early.  

The $100 tier does include some in-game items, a title, an additional copy of the game, early name reservation, and alpha, so I think there would be enough of a difference to justify the extra 50 bucks if someone was willing to shell it out.  I'd tack on the following pledge:

$50 Squire Pledge:

Beta Access

1 Copy of Game

1 Month Sub

That would have me dropping $100 bucks today. Beta access for my wife and I. 
  • tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    knights pledge is a bit odd.  they have suggested the game will be 'free' (trial) up to level 10. why then is it a selling point to offer 2 digital copies of the game for the pledge? anyone can just download it at their own discretion. alpha access also comes into question, as what constitutes alpha is up to VR. currently pre-alpha. 6 months from now is some other form of 'alpha' - but not the alpha you have paid to join. this odd vague wording and obtuse communication is a recurring theme with VR, tbh.
    tokini said:
    knights pledge is a bit odd.  they have suggested the game will be 'free' (trial) up to level 10. why then is it a selling point to offer 2 digital copies of the game for the pledge? anyone can just download it at their own discretion. alpha access also comes into question, as what constitutes alpha is up to VR. currently pre-alpha. 6 months from now is some other form of 'alpha' - but not the alpha you have paid to join. this odd vague wording and obtuse communication is a recurring theme with VR, tbh.
    Presumably you won't just activate your trial by paying your first months subscription. You will still have to purchase your digital copy of the complete game. For convenience purposes (a smaller download), the trial will probably contain only a portion of the game that a level 1-10 player is expected to experience.

• ScummScumm Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Raidan_EQ said:

I'd tack on the following pledge:

$50 Squire Pledge:

Beta Access

1 Copy of Game

1 Month Sub

Brad confirmed this in the AMA on reddit yesterday:  https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/4y7sd0/i_am_brad_aradune_mcquaid_cco_for_pantheon_rise/

That's a great question. We will be unveiling a new set of pledges that should be ready mid-september. Part of this revamping will include changes based on how many more alpha testers we need, for example, or perhaps differently priced tiers that we think players will be interested in based on their feedback. I can say at this point that there will indeed be a $50 tier. I hope it becomes a popular tier and that we make it well worth the purchase.

edited August 2016
    The $50 pledge was annouced by Kilsin tonight on the official site:

Kilsin said: "Due to popular demand a new $50 pledge tier will be available September 12th. This new tier will be a bare bones entry level pledge and will provide a single copy of the game at launch, supporter level forum access, the in-game title of Pantheon Explorer, and early name reservation."

Also, he annouced the removal of some of the cheaper pledges that offer alpha.

Kilsin said: "In addition to this new tier we will be removing the Knight's ($100) and Patron's ($150) pledges from the store. We are nearing capacity for alpha and access to it at this level is a thank-you to the early adopters. The two tiers being removed will be replaced with similar pledge tiers without alpha access to the game. So if you have been considering one of these tiers, act now before they go away September 12th.

If you have already purchased a Knight's or Patron's pledge, your pledge does not change. You will still have access to the alpha build of the game when it becomes available."

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    So no beta for $50 pledge? Thats.... disappointing.
  • khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Star Citizen gives you 2 games for $60 and alpha access on top of it all and its a crazy looking game... This game should have a $50 tier to let you play alpha too.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

Kayo83 said:
    So no beta for $50 pledge? Thats.... disappointing.
    That does seem a little strange. It almost sounds like they are just selling you an early copy of the game with no perk other than forum access. I think the amount of time and risk involved in pledging to a game in pre-alpha probably warrants beta.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Dullahan said:

But someone willing to onlyk spend the same amount as the regular game will simply pickup the game at release.  Unless all they want is beta access. 
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    waynejr2 said:
    Dullahan said:

But someone willing to onlyk spend the same amount as the regular game will simply pickup the game at release.  Unless all they want is beta access. 
    Exactly.  Id pay in advance if I could at least play/test beta.  If not, Ill just wait and see.