Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In which game did you make the most friends?

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
By friends I mean people you know, talk to fairly frequently, and hang out with. So for example I have been in some giant, impersonal 500 member guilds where I maybe really only got to know a few people. I would only be counting the ones I got to know.

For me it would be City of Heroes. That was a very social game. After that I would say SWG and then Everquest. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Lineage 2. At least before the F2P conversion. The guilds I joined consistently talked, the game was 100% grinding so you needed people you enjoyed talking to, to push yourself to keep going. Plus we had sieges we planned out and things like that. I think I stayed with the same clan for about 7 years on L2, and they made the game so much better for me. 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    City of Heroes/Villains, and Neverwinter Nights. (The Bioware game, not the MMO by Cryptic/PWE)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    SWG first, with EVE in second place and War Thunder as third.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    AC .. still talk with them daily ...

UO.....

Vanguard

then Warhammer
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    NWN
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Ultima Online - I really miss those days and the friends that I made.

I made quite a few friends in both these games but they don't compare to the community and companionship that I experienced in Ultima Online. 

Everquest 2 
    Vanguard Saga of Heroes

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    warcraft 3 :
    i still organize a lan every year since 2003 with old core clan members, lately with less pc gaming and more chilling/playing DnD and other roleplaying games.
    we are all in our late twenties/early thirties but we still play together (albeit far less than back in the days), visit eachothers every now and then and we are talking on teamspeak almost every day.
  • KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    Star Wars Galaxies pre-NGE. There were players back then that actually became RL friends!

Asheron's Call was a close second socially.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    EQ2 before f2p. I really miss my old guild but don't even remember the guild name since its been so long. 
  • HystericHysteric Member UncommonPosts: 51
    EQ1 and EQ2, many good friends
  • cobaltshadowcobaltshadow Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Diablo 1, then Everquest, Tera probably the most though.  
    Cobaltshadow

• "The face of tomorrow is forged from the broken mask's of yesterday."
  • NoxiasNoxias Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Runescape and Guild wars.
    Still play with about 70% of my original guild from GW. 

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    UO
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited August 2016
    In order... FFXI and Lineage 2. I have friends from both games that I met over a decade ago, am still friends with and have spent holidays with, etc.

Not coincidentally, both MMORPGs had strong social elements, and were designed to be heavily reliant on player cooperation and communication, even competition (esp. with L2).

Meanwhile, there's only 2 people I've met in a post FFXI/L2 MMO that I still talk to.
  • TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Ultima Online.. Asheron's Call.. Everquest II.. World of Warcraft..

Talked to a select few others in most of the games I have played, but with the above four, I talked to and knew so many more people on a daily basis..

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Good question Hmmn...

EQ and Rift surprisingly. (Rift before it became Fail Legion)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Lineage 2. At least before the F2P conversion. The guilds I joined consistently talked, the game was 100% grinding so you needed people you enjoyed talking to, to push yourself to keep going. Plus we had sieges we planned out and things like that. I think I stayed with the same clan for about 7 years on L2, and they made the game so much better for me. 
    Pretty much this. I'm still friends with my L2 guildies. Great people (heck, before f2p great game).
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Anarchy Online. Close second EVE.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    EQ1 by a long ways
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    LotRO by a large margin. 

Loads of group content at launch, largely skill-based rather than gear based, very mature community. Most players were just in the habit of pugging all the time so you were always meeting new people. Game also had in built voice chat for groups, which made pugging and getting to know people much easier. 

Sadly, by the time I left most new content was solo and all the old zones had been revamped to be solo, so that spirit of grouping up and working together had largely been lost. 
  • kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717
    The original Everquest and Anarchy Online.  
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    VO, really the only game I've played where I can say I've made lasting connections with other players which I value. I may "value" what another player does during a play session in another game, but VO is the only game where I've come to value individual players themselves over the course of years.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Aion.  Still in the same guild I joined a few months into aion.  There's a core of about 8 that play almost every game together.   

Other then that ffxi. Even though I only speak 2 a few of them occasionally I had tons of friends while I played the game 
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    WoW. I still play together with people i met there when i joined a raiding guild in early 2006. Beside WoW we played / play LotR, SWTOR, EVE.