Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ARe MMORPGS with built in bots a thing?

VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 225
Basically the title is my question. I heard that there are MMORPGS out there with built in bots for afk leveling or whatever. Is this true?

Comments

• RynetRynet Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Yes.. Everquest has them (Mercenaries) and others do as well.
  • Peivy313Peivy313 Member CommonPosts: 8
    Dont lie Rynet. How is a mercenary an afk bot....!?!?!?!
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,731
    Sword of the New World (Grenado Espada) had a built in way to level characters like Nyctelios said. Jade Dynasty also had a built in botting system inside the actual game not just a behavior system. I can't think of it right now but I'm almost positive there were more games that had it. A lot of auto pathing and auto fighting in Chinese games / browser MMO's. 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Could say Ragnarok Online had them when they introduced the alchemist class. Most alchemist would just afk level with their pet out.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Iron Realm games require you to use "combat systems" to play competitively.   Essentially there are over 300+ status effects in most of their games, with combat based more on trapping your enemy into an "unhealable" state rather than bruting your way through the health bar.    Though you're required to be behind the screen, and against a good player a combat system will need assistance.

A few text games have alternate servers for the botters and similar,  basically anything outside of RL shenanigans goes(socket flooding ect).

Right now the game I'm playing screeps is essentially a "slow RTS" where the whole point of the game is that you're essentially programming your units to play 24/7.   Which actually brings a good amount of reasonableness to hard core PvPer(though you do keep some stats, and code on total death), especially since there isn't safe storage or free hiding while offline.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,312
    Swordsman has it, with limitations. 

Forsaken World has stations in the city where you can leave your character to afk level for a certain amount of time each day.