Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[NCSOFT] 2nd quarter 2016 revenues

KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
Lineage 1 - 94,4 billion KRW
Blade & Soul - 48,8 billion KRW
Lineage 2 - 19,0 billion KRW
Aion - 17,5 billion KRW
Guild Wars 2 - 15,8 billion KRW
Wildstar - 2,2 billion KRW

Comments

• NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    edited August 2016
    Aion :) at least its up on GW2. Neither game I play anymore, but definitely had more fun in Aion during its prime.

Blade and Soul has more staying power then I thought it would, pretty steady for a market filled with game hobos like me moving from one spot to the next.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I'm absolutely stunned by the Wildstar and Lineage 1 figures.  I had no clue that Lineage was that popular or that Wildstar had failcascaded so badly.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Wildstar would be great on console. 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Goes to show that P2W makes more money.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Even during a good quarter, Wildstar still looks like it's on the chopping block. It's not my cup of tea, but it's still unfortunate.
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Looks like Wildstar got a small boost. But expect the numbers to fall again for next quarter. F2P and Steam brought in some PR coverage and returning players for a short time, but quickly like many realise there's nothing really to do outside of raiding and housing.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    There was a time, when NCSoft also broke down their financial report on games by region, it was interesting in that up until they stopped releasing that data, that very little of their income was from outside of Korea, income from  NA/EU, even in games such as GW2, was a minute fraction of that generated in Korea, have to wonder if that is the reason why they stopped, would have liked to have seen what the numbers were on the GW2 expansion in particular.
    It would certainly lend credibility to their statements about their games if they did so, i suspect they don't because, well, facts can be problematic. :p
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited August 2016
    Phry said:
    There was a time, when NCSoft also broke down their financial report on games by region, it was interesting in that up until they stopped releasing that data, that very little of their income was from outside of Korea, income from  NA/EU, even in games such as GW2, was a minute fraction of that generated in Korea, have to wonder if that is the reason why they stopped, would have liked to have seen what the numbers were on the GW2 expansion in particular.
    It would certainly lend credibility to their statements about their games if they did so, i suspect they don't because, well, facts can be problematic. :p
    They still do it but now it uses one entire page for that on the report, before it shared the same page as the sales per game.
    Kabulozo said:
    Phry said:
    They still do it but now it uses one entire page for that on the report, before it shared the same page as the sales per game.
    Would be interesting to see that data then, when NCSoft gave GW2 away for free, it was a huge thing, it would be interesting to see how that translated into actual purchases of the HoT expansion pack.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Recore said:
    Wildstar would be great on console. 
    The game must get taken away from Carbine NOW.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I cannot see Wildstar surviving to 2017...

There are no more magic tricks left in the WS bag, if the Steam launch only generated an increase of 1B KRW, WS is done, because it looks like its total revenue will be back down to 1B very soon.
    Nyctelios said:
    filmoret said:
    The reason LA1 is on top that has nothing to do with that.
    Unless the game does not have P2W, then there is no way to validate that statement.
    We already know that P2W is popular with Korean gamers, if the game supports it, then Filmorets statement could be correct, or at least be a significant contributor to the games success in the Korean market.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Nyctelios said:
    filmoret said:
    Oh..  We got anyone who knows the Korean version of this game isnt p2w?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    filmoret said:
    Nyctelios said:
    filmoret said:
    Oh..  We got anyone who knows the Korean version of this game isnt p2w?
    Looking into the website for Lineage 1 for 30 seconds, I found the cash shop, looked in there and saw RNG loot boxes that you can buy up to a pack of 115 of them, that's the highest amount of loot boxes in a pack I've ever seen. It looks like there is swords, and staves in the cash shop as well. I can't tell if they are just skins or what, but if they are actual items then that's pretty bad.
    Phry said:
    Kabulozo said:
    Phry said:
    Would be interesting to see that data then, when NCSoft gave GW2 away for free, it was a huge thing, it would be interesting to see how that translated into actual purchases of the HoT expansion pack.

Lineage 1 has cash shop in Korea but I don't know how much P2W it is.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    edited August 2016
    HoT and no new (or slow) content hurt GW2. No new content + crappy expansion = no players spending money on your game. GW2 made more money pre-HoT after a 10 month long content drought than in the months after HoT release spike ended and only 3 months of content drought (there was no new content in Q2).

LS3 brought a few people back for now, it's the first story content since HoT released that wasn't raid stuff or achievement hunting, and the HoT sales will increase the revenue a bit in the next quarter.

Anet also have productivity issues. They are so slow at making new stuff that I don't understand how they could make the base game in 5 years.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    GW2... ouch. That was a pretty massive dropoff.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Kabulozo said:
    Lineage 1 has cash shop in Korea but I don't know how much P2W it is.
    "Cash shop in Korea".........Ponder that for a minute.
    More of a sign of sales tapering off with the previous quarter showing the spike, seems to me that it is a fair indication of good sales of the HoT expansion in NA/EU tbh, its not a subscription game so maintaining that level of sales would have been unrealistic, the next few quarters will indicate the level of income from NA/EU, so not really an 'ouch' situation.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited August 2016
    HoT was a disappointment
    Post edited by GeezerGamer on
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    It's as if the steady downward trend in 2Q/3Q 2015 simply resumed at the same same point in 2Q 2016, almost like HoT never happened.

If that is the case, GW2 revenue will soon be under heavy pressure. They cannot keep pumping out HoT-sized expansions to keep their numbers up, it will eat all the profit...
    First closed beta for Lineage Eternal in november (korea only it seems). Depending on how LE can please korean market, it can be another printing money machine in the long term as Lineage 1.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    So I guess Master X Master is not out yet in Korea?
    Recore said:
    So I guess Master X Master is not out yet in Korea?
    Neither MxM, Lineage Eternal or L2 Mobile are out.