Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pearl Items Now Available On the Marketplace - Black Desert Online News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imagePearl Items Now Available On the Marketplace - Black Desert Online News

Pearl Items are now available on the Black Desert Online Marketplace with the successful deployment of today's update. Kakao has implemented a "five items per week" restriction per account with reset days set for Saturdays moving forward.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited August 2016
    "We don't want P2W! We protest. We hate yooooou! You suck!" -BDO Players

-Daum
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    DMKano said:
    So much for the "protest".

I guess players never learn that dev companies listen to their own metrics and not the forum minority.
    Never going to happen.
    Rage against the machine! Fight the power, bro! xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    edited August 2016
    I don't wanna spend cash on items. I want to spend gold and silver. Thanks daum. Everyone else is crying for nothing.
  • axtrantiaxtranti Member UncommonPosts: 95

Krynt0k said:

I don't wanna spend cash on items. I want to spend gold and silver. Thanks daum. Everyone else is crying for nothing.

And the people you buy it from will get gear from the silver you gave them. Not very smart?

asdasdasd

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    I'm more curious to see how many people "actually" leave.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Not sure you actually have to leave.  Just give them no more money for anything.  I've not logged in since the this news broke, and even if I did, they will not see a dime.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Sovrath said:

It will be a spit in the bucket.
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    That's ok. I can buy my own gear to. I've I vested enough time that I can buy my own gear.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited August 2016
    Sovrath said:

I am really looking foward to seeing this also.  

Dont like it, cya.  :)
  • BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    edited August 2016
    I can confirm that players would be making roughly 100 Mil a week by spending $175. Just checked the in-game market. If that's not P2W I don't know what is. (and for those that were saying those costumes have to sell, well, they pretty much are instantly selling)
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589

axtranti said:

Krynt0k said:

And the people you buy it from will get gear from the silver you gave them. Not very smart?

Can we stop this attitude like the items just magically freaking manifest out of thin air and aren't items other players had to already work toward getting. You know the items on the marketplace are only going to go up if they are unneeded by players and them being able to "try" a few more times for enchant or get to the cap for the currently gated gear treadmill does what exactly? Many people already have the current high end gear.

Why are we bending the definition of P2W nowadays to equal out to basically mean if you can use money to progress gear wise with entirely in game gear. P2W has always meant having the ability to only gain power through spending real life dollars that is not attainable in game in any meaningful way.

Your personal definition of what p2w is doesn't automatically change the established for years meaning of it just because you want to arbitrarily change it and the folks that comment about it being p2w don't quite understand what p2w is... I think people need to understand the distinction between being able to earn in game money to buy gear/further chances to enchant and flat out p2w... And a game where the grind treadmill becomes an all consuming method to power ends up creating a situation where newer players can pretty much never catch up to the others without going around and spending all day every day grinding and maybe not even then.

The gear is owned by players already who will in turn make money who will in turn be on good footing too. The only thing it introduces is a way for people to sell some other items. Should we just do away with the ability to sell any in game items? Cuz selling items in the marketplace at all even ones you get in world is going to further be used to get gear..
    edited August 2016

Bruhza said:

I can confirm that players would be making roughly 100 Mil a week by spending $175. Just checked the in-game market. If that's not P2W I don't know what is.

(and for those that were saying those costumes have to sell, well, they pretty much are instantly selling)

100 mill a week? you can make 200 mill grinding. Also to add to this this is not pay to win. Your personal definition of p2w is a skewed definition that doesn't actually follow any guide lines of what p2w actually is... The community want to make anything p2w these days. This is a way for people to make money. They aren't manifesting EXTRA money into the game magically at all. The money circulating is money people earned, the gear, and items bought in game are things people already earned. Those people selling will just be able to potentially afford the item in question sooner and that item is fully earned in game and sold through in game means.

Until those items are only available in the cash shop and those are the ultimate power items in the game and you have to open your wallet to gain that power (it being the literal only way to get those items) a game is not by definition pay to win. You folks need to stop trying to broad stroke the term to make it fit your own narratives/definitions. All that will happen particularly in a gear gated game like BDO is people will get there have some power for a short while and then others will catch up. 100 mill a week isn't going to be a game changer for those core grinding folks and unless it is the core grindy folks (ie the people supposedly complaining) doing both 175 mill a week + the grinding then where is the ultimate difference? That a player that doesn't grind as heavily might be able to get slightly equal footing?

It comes off more as a desperate ploy to be like "hey don't ever give people a way to catch up to those of us with power we want to forever rule" and quite frankly that is probably what is going on. Show me a singular situation where someone can't just grind an extra week to catch up to someone both grinding and spending cash shop dollars. All it is doing is making those items from the cash shop ultimately more accessible and putting money into different hands. It isn't creating gear out of thin air that is going to make these people more powerful than anyone else at end game, and more enchant chances means nothing ultimately. They could spend that 175 dollars a week and walk away with nothing to show for it because of the RNG... 100 mill a week. You are aware that is basically laughable right? That's about half of what a heavy grinder (ie most dedicated players) can make in a week and even then they'll have 300 mil instead of 200 mil a week if they both grind and spend money. Essentially it'd take spending 350 dollars and 2 weeks for a person relying soley on their wallet to do what a dedicated grinder can currently do.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

axtranti said:

Krynt0k said:

Can we stop this attitude like the items just magically freaking manifest out of thin air and aren't items other players had to already work toward getting. You know the items on the marketplace are only going to go up if they are unneeded by players and them being able to "try" a few more times for enchant or get to the cap for the currently gated gear treadmill does what exactly? Many people already have the current high end gear.

Why are we bending the definition of P2W nowadays to equal out to basically mean if you can use money to progress gear wise with entirely in game gear. P2W has always meant having the ability to only gain power through spending real life dollars that is not attainable in game in any meaningful way.

Your personal definition of what p2w is doesn't automatically change the established for years meaning of it just because you want to arbitrarily change it and the folks that comment about it being p2w don't quite understand what p2w is... I think people need to understand the distinction between being able to earn in game money to buy gear/further chances to enchant and flat out p2w... And a game where the grind treadmill becomes an all consuming method to power ends up creating a situation where newer players can pretty much never catch up to the others without going around and spending all day every day grinding and maybe not even then.

The gear is owned by players already who will in turn make money who will in turn be on good footing too. The only thing it introduces is a way for people to sell some other items. Should we just do away with the ability to sell any in game items? Cuz selling items in the marketplace at all even ones you get in world is going to further be used to get gear..

P2W means power bought with RL money. Be it gear or pots. In this case players can earn the same gear by playing just the game. But where it's a Grey area is how fast a whale can become uber and out pace the majority of players. It makes it a market where casual gamers stand no chance unless they spend hords of RL money.
  • Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    awesome !
    Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
    To further add to this. I was told by a dedicated person in game that you can make 50 mill or more a day so again 100 mill a week is a drop in the bucket. Even if that goes to 200 mill it's still not going to be a world ending event. Nor will these players magically become gods or anything of the sorts..People seem to forget if someone does buy a +15 from MP that SOMEONE still had to do all the work to enchant that thing..

Nanfoodle said:

axtranti said:

Krynt0k said:

P2W means power bought with RL money. Be it gear or pots. In this case players can earn the same gear by playing just the game. But where it's a Grey area is how fast a whale can become uber and out pace the majority of players. It makes it a market where casual gamers stand no chance unless they spend hords of RL money.

P2W means buying power that you can ONLY attain through means of opening your wallet that gives you an unfair advantage vs other players It doesn't mean being able to buy items. And no it doesn't mean it'll be harder for casual gamers in the least. There isn't new money magically introduced in world that isn't EARNED by someone. You need to get money in the game somehow by doing quests, grinding etc. P2W has never meant being able to buy gear in general or pots in general that speed shit up and it NEVER will despite what people like you want it to mean.

Your own personal definition of what something is is not actually what it is at all. There has been and is a long standing definition of what p2w is and it is always being able to buy power that is not attainable through any other means than opening up your wallet. For BDO to be p2w in this scenario they'd need to offer +20 enchanted gear on the cash shop and gate off all in game enchants to +19. This would basically be forcing anyone that wants the best power to open up their wallets or they will fall to those that do not.

That is what p2w actually is and has long been established as being. Go look at Mu Online or shaiya if you want to see an actual p2w MMORPG. There they sell gear that you can only get through the cash shop that is more powerful than any other gear you can find in the game just by play.. That is p2w. What BDO is doing is not p2w, but rather pay to be able to sell items to get money to buy gear that is attained through in game means, someone else had to put work into getting that gear, enchanting that gear (if it is sitting at +15) or the stones for enchanting to even sell. More chances at an RNG treadmill mean nothing when ultimately they could end up in a situation where they walk away with a lower enchant when it potentially slips back or broken jewelry etc.
  • WontoonRooWontoonRoo Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Doesn't Star Wars the Old Republic have a similar system of allowing players to put cash shop items on the auction house? Guild Wars 2 also has gem/gold conversions (not an "item to in-game currency" but more a "premium currency to in-game currency"). Those systems require other players to be buying with in-game money that doesn't come from other sources than...in-game. This appears to be a similar system and personally this isn't on my "things that make it Pay-2-Win" definition.

Black Desert was already that on the PvP side of things (inventory slots purchasable and the game having an encumbrance system in combination with potion spam tactics, anyone? Clearly the guy who buys the inventory slots wins over the guy who doesn't. Of course, correct me if I'm wrong). This move with allowing people to put cash shop items on the market veers the slider away from "Pay to Win" and more toward "Pay for convenience". It's not entirely there, but it's not offensive enough to be something worth leaving the game over.

And of course if you need to know what's a real Pay-2-Win game to compare to... Allods Online. You ain't getting anywhere in that if you don't have a really fat wallet.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Saw this over at massively,

"Players are restricted to listing five cash-shop items per week per account. Reddit posters have reported that the items come with price caps, too — 20 million silver for costumes and 4 million for pets. That works out to a seller cost of around €150 per week, though no doubt prices will continue fluctuating."

So it looks like there will be price caps.
  • GlockerGlocker Member UncommonPosts: 3
    It's more of a convenience option rather than a "market crasher", "P2W" and the likes. If we were talking about "100% success upgrade materials" to safely enchant to +15, not obtainable in-game at all, that's P2W. If we were talking about unique gems for sockets with insane stats, or pre-enchanted gear with better options than the regular versions, that's P2W. Rushing to +15 gear (crafted with the standard RNG involved) with or without a proper build, let alone enough skill, is not P2W.

To an extent, the idea is similar to a brand new EVE player purchasing and selling a crapload of PLEX just to get enough cash and materials for a capital ship. He may have an OP vessel all prepped and docked, but without the proper experience and training/skills, it'll collect dust in the space dock until the character is fully prepared AND allowed to board the ship.
  • ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    Cool!
    Considering that every single player in the guild I am in averages out at grinding out 100 - 300 million a week and we are each bored and beyond the Billion Mark, now we have something to spend our money on. 

BDO is a game where one can reach level 50 in four hours and with the same max party size, in around 12 hours afterwards we can reach 54 - 56. The game is easy as pie in a party, so sure, P2W is for those who are alone, solo and simply do not want to play with others... in a genre that was originally built on group oriented play. Have fun Solo-Playing. ^_^
  • holyneoholyneo Member UncommonPosts: 154
    I remember a time, when the coast was full of afk fishing, streets full of autopaths, marketplace full of ore like Iron... Log in today Dead, empty, can hear an echo down the street. Good Job.... now a dead game.
  • BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391

Bruhza said:

I can confirm that players would be making roughly 100 Mil a week by spending $175. Just checked the in-game market. If that's not P2W I don't know what is.

(and for those that were saying those costumes have to sell, well, they pretty much are instantly selling)

100 mill a week? you can make 200 mill grinding. Also to add to this this is not pay to win. Your personal definition of p2w is a skewed definition that doesn't actually follow any guide lines of what p2w actually is... The community want to make anything p2w these days. This is a way for people to make money. They aren't manifesting EXTRA money into the game magically at all. The money circulating is money people earned, the gear, and items bought in game are things people already earned. Those people selling will just be able to potentially afford the item in question sooner and that item is fully earned in game and sold through in game means.

Until those items are only available in the cash shop and those are the ultimate power items in the game and you have to open your wallet to gain that power (it being the literal only way to get those items) a game is not by definition pay to win. You folks need to stop trying to broad stroke the term to make it fit your own narratives/definitions. All that will happen particularly in a gear gated game like BDO is people will get there have some power for a short while and then others will catch up. 100 mill a week isn't going to be a game changer for those core grinding folks and unless it is the core grindy folks (ie the people supposedly complaining) doing both 175 mill a week + the grinding then where is the ultimate difference? That a player that doesn't grind as heavily might be able to get slightly equal footing?

It comes off more as a desperate ploy to be like "hey don't ever give people a way to catch up to those of us with power we want to forever rule" and quite frankly that is probably what is going on. Show me a singular situation where someone can't just grind an extra week to catch up to someone both grinding and spending cash shop dollars. All it is doing is making those items from the cash shop ultimately more accessible and putting money into different hands. It isn't creating gear out of thin air that is going to make these people more powerful than anyone else at end game, and more enchant chances means nothing ultimately. They could spend that 175 dollars a week and walk away with nothing to show for it because of the RNG...

100 mill a week. You are aware that is basically laughable right? That's about half of what a heavy grinder (ie most dedicated players) can make in a week and even then they'll have 300 mil instead of 200 mil a week if they both grind and spend money. Essentially it'd take spending 350 dollars and 2 weeks for a person relying soley on their wallet to do what a dedicated grinder can currently do.

It all really comes down to a matter of opinion on what P2W is or isn't. I personally believe that if you are able to trade real life money for in-game gold and able to use it to buy items that give a significant advantage, then yeah, that's what P2W is to me.

You also need to understand that it's more than likely not just people who don't play that are spending money on it, it is also the people that play it like a job. $175 to one person could be considered a good amount of money, where to another it is pretty much nothing.

Don't get your panties in a twist over it though, it's just one mans opinion. Do what you want.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    There's a high demand for the costumes .They are being bought in seconds. The chat is filled with requests....nuisance.

Probably slow down in awhile unless they keep bringing new costumes. Hmm... not sure how I feel about this on the one side the female side of me who likes to dress up wants to get some costumes but so far cannot buy any. Then there is the side of me that is thinking how all this will affect the overall longevity of the game.
    Chamber of Chains