Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

worth it

dargonightdargonight Member Posts: 255
At this point in time is ultima online still worth playing. Are there a good population. I have never played it before.

Comments

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

I don't know. . .

To be honest...you can get a better experience going and finding a Free shard than playing EA's UO. I honestly wouldn't play it...it's not worth the $13 a month.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• SaftwearSaftwear Member Posts: 124

I'd say it's always worth playing.

There is just so much to do compared to the newer games out that the graphics are a non-issue.

The community is there, they are just on certain shards. Also the player run shards offer a nice variety of gameplay choices that your sure to find the one that you like. And they're free.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

It's worth playing.
    It's not worth playing for $13 a month.

Take that however you will. :)

Personally when I occasionally go play UO 1999 oldschool style, it's almost like being in a metropolis.... I love my shard.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• Bud_WeiserBud_Weiser Member Posts: 1
    No. It's going through a massive change right now. The developers have NO regard for the people who have spent massive time creating thier characters... most of them are now useless. Play something else... ANYTHING else.
  • Out of date but classic

• MadragonMadragon Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Was the best on the market.....but currently I see it as EA trying suck as much profit out if before they kill it.  There is no plan as they add new content...they just add what they think would sell and get more players.  The game should have a long term plan...this has no long range goals atm...you want ninjas....sure...need elves....no problem....
  • ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Bud_Weiser
    No. It's going through a massive change right now. The developers have NO regard for the people who have spent massive time creating thier characters... most of them are now useless. Play something else... ANYTHING else.

They never did...

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World