Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online Over a 1 Million players Strong

2»

Comments

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    ZArmiZ said:
    BDO = people come and go ( 3 out of 10 maybe stick with the game after 1 month )
    Thats a good result isn't it?

In all other games its maybe 2 out of 11 sticking with the game after 6 weeks
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    ZArmiZ said:
    BDO = people come and go ( 3 out of 10 maybe stick with the game after 1 month )
    Source for those numbers?
  • ZArmiZZArmiZ Member UncommonPosts: 27
    In the past month approx 20 people joined the guild  only 7 - 8 still playing constantly from those

Full tower PC

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
     "Kakao is touting its one millionth Black Desert player"
    So does that mean that the 1 millionth player is all inclusive of all BDO players everywhere or is this only for EU/NA? 
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

They aren't keeping the people around. 
    Selling boxes is great, keeping them playing is more important, and they aren't achieving that. 

Todays patch is going to drive a lot of people away, they just implemented a value package that amounts to a subscription, and comes with a HUGE advantage. 

They just did a complete 180 on their prerelease promises of keeping the game buy to play. 

Kakao (former Daum) is only for EU/NA.
    Thanks.
    1M players for a B2P Bus model is a lot stronger than 1M for a B2P + F2P combined Bus model.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    When a F2P game puts out numbers  people will say but ...but it's F2P of course you have people but do they stick around.

When a B2P puts out numbers people go oh yes they sold boxes but how many of that charged back.

When a sub game puts out numbers hmm well they don't I guess well ,I am not sure where I was going with this.

So there is going to be a sub I will so get the sub if it means I can avoid PvP....kidding.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Seriously who cares about retention and stuff? They have 1 million players, players having fun playing with other players and that is all. Gratz to BDO community.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

More info:
    http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/black-desert-1-5-million-users/

That was last year for Korea.
    So the 1M listed here are obviously EU/NA.

And if that is indeed the truth of it (which as far as I can tell, it looks that way), why not give them credit for a popular game? Seems to me they at least earned that much. I'm a skeptic and cynic as much as anyone else is (probably more), but facts are facts and if Daum has had 1M players, that's not arbitrary.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited July 2016
    Ramajama said:
    Kyleran said:
    Recore said:
    DMKano said:
    Recore said:
    DMKano said:
    Grats on 1 million players - but how many are still playing actively?

Retention has not been great, which is the problem with pretty much every MMO nowdays

How many people are actively playing TERA, ESO, Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy XIV, Star Wars The Old Republic or any mmo?

Which part of this was not clear:

"which is the problem with pretty much every MMO nowdays"

??

What part of what I asked was not clear? 

You said, 

You are asking for something from Black Desert that no other mmos give. Even sub mmos like WoW, Eve and Final Fantasy XIV do not give sub numbers. That does not make sense to ask something that you know mmos do not give. 

But this sounds like something you would say about Black Desert.  B)

NCSoft still provide sub numbers where relevant, EVE tells you how many other accounts are logged in with you so yes there are still a few companies publishing numbers that are actually relevant.

But it is very few.

Let's put the BDO announcement in proper perspective.  Last year CCP announced 1.5M new players tried EVE, but most were not retained.

BDO has hit the 1M player mark, but this may include everyone who has ever created an account, even me who did a 7 day guest pass.

Put in this light the 1M Players really isn't that impressive, just a marketing gimmick really.

The fact that in EVE significant number of players have a LOT of accounts multiboxing distorts that "relevant" number.

I, as a player, care about number of other unique players, not number of boxes present in the empty universe. 
    Fair enough, and to not turn this too far off topic do you have any sense for how many folks might be multiboxing or have multiple accounts in BDO?

EVE isn't the only game to have multiboxers and I personally had 6 accounts in DAOC, 4 in WOW, 3 in L1 and L2 and currently 6 in EVE.

We've always been there when it made sense to do so. No idea if BDO is such a game though.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

DMKano said:
    Ramajama said:
    Some folks just never give up lol. 

1 mil boxes sold is awesome and hopefully Pearl Abyss will make another great mmo in future. 

Population is as healthy as ever and good content on the way!

Read it again - 1 million players strong 

Does that count trial accounts? Those are players too.

Does it count beta players?

We don't know - because it's a vague statement.

Nowhere did they announce "sold 1 million boxes" - that is what they WANT you to think - marketing 101.

Does vague marketing phrasing work? - it just did ;)
    Or maybe, just maybe.. They just wanted to announce there is 1 million folks that were interested in the game enough to create an account and celebrate that with the community. 

But some folks here can't even pass up on that and have to start bashing with absolutely pathetic comments. 
    Kyleran said:
    Ramajama said:
    Kyleran said:
    Recore said:
    DMKano said:
    Recore said:
    DMKano said:

Retention has not been great, which is the problem with pretty much every MMO nowdays

How many people are actively playing TERA, ESO, Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy XIV, Star Wars The Old Republic or any mmo?

Which part of this was not clear:

"which is the problem with pretty much every MMO nowdays"

??

What part of what I asked was not clear? 

You said, 

You are asking for something from Black Desert that no other mmos give. Even sub mmos like WoW, Eve and Final Fantasy XIV do not give sub numbers. That does not make sense to ask something that you know mmos do not give. 

But this sounds like something you would say about Black Desert.  B)

NCSoft still provide sub numbers where relevant, EVE tells you how many other accounts are logged in with you so yes there are still a few companies publishing numbers that are actually relevant.

But it is very few.

Let's put the BDO announcement in proper perspective.  Last year CCP announced 1.5M new players tried EVE, but most were not retained.

BDO has hit the 1M player mark, but this may include everyone who has ever created an account, even me who did a 7 day guest pass.

Put in this light the 1M Players really isn't that impressive, just a marketing gimmick really.

The fact that in EVE significant number of players have a LOT of accounts multiboxing distorts that "relevant" number.

I, as a player, care about number of other unique players, not number of boxes present in the empty universe. 
    Fair enough, and to not turn this too far off topic do you have any sense for how many folks might be multiboxing or have multiple accounts in BDO?

EVE isn't the only game to have multiboxers and I personally had 6 accounts in DAOC, 4 in WOW, 3 in L1 and L2 and currently 6 in EVE.

We've always been there when it made sense to do so. No idea if BDO is such a game though.
    :+1:
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    I wonder how many more people would be playing if there wasn't so much cheating going on.