Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is this game not getting more attention?

1234568»

Comments

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    SEANMCAD said:
    here is an example:

'hey bob whatcha doing tonight?'
    'oh i was going to go home and look at new games on Steam or maybe some youtube videos'
    'ah you dont want to do that this developer of this cool game is hosting an event and paying for the drinks and the food you should come to that instead'

well as it turns out Bob ends up doing that pretty much all his free time so his entire vision of the gaming world is around which firms have taken his company out for drinks and drinking the koolaid offered, never having time to research outside of that box much.

I know it because I have seen it in another area of tech
    Having read your posts I'm convinced that someone is paying you to trash NMS because you seem more passionate about killing it than people are in supporting the game. I've never seen such passion to diss a game that hasn't come out yet. Why all the energy and effort if its not for you?
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Kane72 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    here is an example:

'oh i was going to go home and look at new games on Steam or maybe some youtube videos'
    'ah you dont want to do that this developer of this cool game is hosting an event and paying for the drinks and the food you should come to that instead'

well as it turns out Bob ends up doing that pretty much all his free time so his entire vision of the gaming world is around which firms have taken his company out for drinks and drinking the koolaid offered, never having time to research outside of that box much.

Having read your posts I'm convinced that someone is paying you to trash NMS because you seem more passionate about killing it than people are in supporting the game. I've never seen such passion to diss a game that hasn't come out yet. Why all the energy and effort if its not for you?
    I can say with 100% certainty that is not the case.

He is what you would call a contrarian.

Don't read more into his posts that necessary. This is what he does.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    psiic said:
    This could possibly be the game of the century.  I just do not understand why it has had almost no discussion here. Game comes out in less than a month and its like no hype at all. 
    It's not an MMO, nor a multiplayer game.  
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Kane72 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    here is an example:

you know I am asked that question often directly and I often directly give an answer.

Its because I think there are other games in the market right now that are much more deserving of attention then this game and this game (or at least the fans) try to take credit for such innovative work away from those developers and then claim that NMS is the first.

that is why.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kane72 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    here is an example:

you know I am asked that question often directly and I often directly give an answer.

Its because I think there are other games in the market right now that are much more deserving of attention then this game and this game (or at least the fans) try to take credit for such innovative work away from those developers and then claim that NMS is the first.

that is why.
    Kind of like Columbus and Columbus day eh?

We should fight for Leif Eriksson day ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    laserit said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kane72 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    here is an example:

that is why.

no clue what your talking about but thank you for replying!

people ask, I answer. that is the reason its pretty much that cut and dry

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    SEANMCAD said:
    laserit said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kane72 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    here is an example:

that is why.

no clue what your talking about but thank you for replying!

people ask, I answer. that is the reason its pretty much that cut and dry
    Vikings landed and settled in North America 500 years before Columbus, yet he still gets credit for discovering the continent and a holiday to boot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2013/10/14/christopher-columbus-3-things-you-think-he-did-that-he-didnt/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/04/01/an-ancient-site-spotted-from-space-could-rewrite-the-history-of-vikings-in-north-america/

p.s. I was not criticizing you, just throwing out a fun fact that draws parallels to your argument hence the ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee