Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm so excited!

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
edited August 2016 in World of Warcraft
...and I just can't hide it! :)

If you only knew how much thought was put into this decision...

Comments

• Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    haha! Im buying it on the 29th I think...
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Wait, Legion costs $50? Wow. (pun optional)

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• LizardKing89LizardKing89 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Anireth said:
    Yikes. For a 12 year old game that's a bit high.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I had the best bowel movement I've had in weeks today. And no, I wasn't holding it in deliberately.

Just thought I'd share.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Just did the same thing.  Now going to play some Marvel Heroes.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Wow, 5 years record of "not-friggin-spendin'-ma-moneh" has been broken!

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Anireth said:

LOL.  You kids and your attempts to get things cheaper.  What if the game was 2 years old, what BS line of Crap would you used to complain about $50.00?????????????
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    waynejr2 said:
    Anireth said:

LOL.  You kids and your attempts to get things cheaper.  What if the game was 2 years old, what BS line of Crap would you used to complain about $50.00?????????????
    Agreed. If $50 is so much, maybe he have to consider play-doh as a new hobby.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Im buying the 70 dollar version.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kopogero said:
    ...and I just can't hide it! :)

If you only knew how much thought was put into this decision...
           As an investor in ATVI , i would like to thank you for putting money in my pocket....
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    @Scorchien you are welcome, and I like to thank you for putting your $ to improve the game I've enjoyed through the decade.

@Octagon7711 good luck with Marvel Heroes. It was one of my top 3 games through these last two years.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Maybe when it comes down in price (like, HALF price) it might be worth looking at, but I doubt it.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Anireth said:
    It is for an expansion to a 12 year old games so it isn't that bad. Still, people were complaining that the first GW2 expansion cost that much as well so I would be surprised if no-one complained. MMO expansions did cost around $30 for a long time but I guess it have changed now.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    I´m still deciding if i´m in or out....
    I´m not hyped at all with this expac but i´ve played all previous ones...
    I guess it will depend on how much fun & time i expend in "No Man´s sky"
  • AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Zzad said:
    I´m still deciding if i´m in or out....
    I´m not hyped at all with this expac but i´ve played all previous ones...
    I guess it will depend on how much fun & time i expend in "No Man´s sky"
    You played Cata, MoP and WoD but are not hyped for Legion?

Stop buying into the negative cool-aid and go purchase it already, it's going to be one of the best expansions in the history of the game.

As someone who was invited during alpha, and has participated throughout every beta phase of Legion, it is shaping up to be far better than any of the past three expansions combined. 
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Anireth said:
    A 12 year old game that keeps going undergoing major changes and updates to stay relevant. Every expansion is a new experience to the game. 
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I just wanted wings in D3 and I get a 30 day sub in WoW as well.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Loke666 said:
    Anireth said:
    It is for an expansion to a 12 year old games so it isn't that bad. Still, people were complaining that the first GW2 expansion cost that much as well so I would be surprised if no-one complained. MMO expansions did cost around $30 for a long time but I guess it have changed now.

Ehh no.  No EverQuest 2 expansion has been 30 bucks, always 50 - 60 bucks.  Same for all WoW expansions.

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    edited August 2016
    waynejr2 said:
    Anireth said:

I agree the same kids who will spend $60 for battlefeild or CoD and then are willing to fork over more money for DLC packs. BTW I upgraded my Legion to the Digital Deluxe for the mount and pet plus extra's.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Legion is shaping up to be the revival we've been waiting for.
    See you in game.
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    I can't wait anymore. I can finally play with my demon hunter in hours. :3
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Anireth said:
    Bought it for 30 euro. But 50 is also worth it!

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion is shaping up to be the revival we've been waiting for.
    See you in game.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    waynejr2 said:
    Anireth said:

$50 and a sub what a deal!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    DMKano said:
    Volgore said:
    Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion is shaping up to be the revival we've been waiting for.
    See you in game.

Well when such a huge % players don't stick to any game for more than 2-6 weeks, it's not really surprising.

You could have a game that cured cancer, I bet you after 6 weeks there's still be a massive 80%+ population drop because of some new Steam release or people simply being "meh"

It's all about keeping the "carrot" just out of reach but seemingly close enough to keep players interested over the longer term.

But let's face it, only a small part of the player base is wired for this. Most just like to poke around a bit and move on.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon