Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can we have a facepalm button please?

13»

Comments

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Volgore said:
    Any facepalm button would be irrelevant unless it's a Godzilla facepalm button.

Heheheheh

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    MMORPG UIs have gone from a lot of buttons to the mouse buttons. To better reflect the industry and the intolerance of dissent in these forums we should just have a Primary Agree and Secondary Agree buttons hardwired to the Mouse.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    t0nyd said:
    Nyctelios said:
    So you would suggest to change a tool which people like you uses to harass anyone that disagrees with you that was not meant to be used for that for a better tool so you can harass people who disagree with you better.

Hmmm... Nice concept. No surprises who would support this idea.
      Because disagreeing with someone is harassment? So when you make sexual advances on a girl and she says no, do you chide her for harassment...
    I've seen a couple special snowflakes who couldn't handle the harassment and abuse from someone pressing the LOL button. Probably gonna trigger some PTSD with a facepalm or disagree button.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    No. We aren't going to do this. And yes, we recognized that LOL could be used this way before we went live, which is why we considered removing it as well. I didn't want a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone else so we decided to try and leave LOL in. We may reconsider this if we feel its misuse has become too problematic.We do get reports of users harassing others with the LOL reaction, but probably not with enough frequency to call it a widespread issue at this point.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    MikeB said:
    No. We aren't going to do this. And yes, we recognized that LOL could be used this way before we went live, which is why we considered removing it as well. I didn't want a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone else so we decided to try and leave LOL in. We may reconsider this if we feel its misuse has become too problematic.We do get reports of users harassing others with the LOL reaction, but probably not with enough frequency to call it a widespread issue at this point.
    Please don't remove LOL.  I got purple in part thanks to Gdemani's habitual LOLing.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    MikeB said:
    Is it really that big of a deal if people click LOL on your posts? I've got tons of them and for any that are laughing "at me" I'm fine with it as I'm laughing right back from up on this high horse people tell me I like to ride. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    edited August 2016
    Kyleran said:
    MikeB said:
    Is it really that big of a deal if people click LOL on your posts? I've got tons of them and for any that are laughing "at me" I'm fine with it as I'm laughing right back from up on this high horse people tell me I like to ride. ;)
    I'd click lol. But I don't want to offend or harass you. I'd click agree but I don't want to offend those that disagree with you. I'd click awesome but it's text, black holes are awesome, I don't see how text can equate. I'd click insightful but to be honest I don't understand the meaning of the word. So I guess I'm just gon a flag you because I know someone somewhere finds your post offensive. So now let's shut down these forums because communication hurts feelings.... Oh the poor feelings...
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    So the OP got permabanned? Aint that some deep irony there?
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited August 2016
    g0m0rrah said:
    I'd click lol. But I don't want to offend or harass you. I'd click agree but I don't want to offend those that disagree with you. I'd click awesome but it's text, black holes are awesome, I don't see how text can equate. I'd click insightful but to be honest I don't understand the meaning of the word. So I guess I'm just gon a flag you because I know someone somewhere finds your post offensive. So now let's shut down these forums because communication hurts feelings.... Oh the poor feelings...
    Very much this.

Awesome(pun intended) post.
This discussion has been closed.