Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert gone HARD p2w! (Cash shop Items, available at Market Place next week)

18910111214»

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Konfess said:
    Konfess said:
    So ends the Lie that is P4F?

P2W = P2P nothing more, it has nothing to do with unfair advantage and everything to do with paying to play.
    What?

Not sure exactly what you're trying to say, but games become meaningless as soon as they become p2w.  Buying an overwhelming advantage to circumvent the rules of a game invalidates any win you may achieve, in any game.

Games are meant to be played.  This whole notion of buying "time" in a game is garbage.  Not only does it never EVER turn out to be true (i.e. payers always end up way more effective than players), you shouldn't play a game if you don't have the time required to play it the way you want to.

That goes for any game, not just MMOs.
    No.  You shouldn't play a game if you don't have the money to afford it.  Again, that goes for any game.
    The day 1 dlc defense. I like it!
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Konfess said:
    Konfess said:
    So ends the Lie that is P4F?

P2W = P2P nothing more, it has nothing to do with unfair advantage and everything to do with paying to play.
    What?

Not sure exactly what you're trying to say, but games become meaningless as soon as they become p2w.  Buying an overwhelming advantage to circumvent the rules of a game invalidates any win you may achieve, in any game.

Games are meant to be played.  This whole notion of buying "time" in a game is garbage.  Not only does it never EVER turn out to be true (i.e. payers always end up way more effective than players), you shouldn't play a game if you don't have the time required to play it the way you want to.

That goes for any game, not just MMOs.
    No.  You shouldn't play a game if you don't have the money to afford it.  Again, that goes for any game.
    Uh huh.  Well, even if I had $150 a week to throw away at a video game, I wouldn't do it.  Where is the satisfaction at killing someone because I swiped my credit card?

This whole 80s style "greed is good" attitude you guys are coming with is bogus.  Fleecing customers is not a new business concept- but neither is making a quality product that stands the test of time.

What's going on in BDO is actually very akin to the "Wall Street" movie.  Kakao is basically planning on selling off all the game's assets to fund hair salons.
  • Fish_TacosFish_Tacos Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Uh huh.  Well, even if I had $150 a week to throw away at a video game, I wouldn't do it.  Where is the satisfaction at killing someone because I swiped my credit card?

This whole 80s style "greed is good" attitude you guys are coming with is bogus.  Fleecing customers is not a new business concept- but neither is making a quality product that stands the test of time.

What's going on in BDO is actually very akin to the "Wall Street" movie.  Kakao is basically planning on selling off all the game's assets to fund hair salons.
    I agree that this sucks, but it seems like people were warning of this a long time ago before the game even launched. Since I felt burned by Arche Age, I just had a feeling about this game from the start. It's just the way business is done. 

• fed79fed79 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    edited August 2016
    I played for a few weeks and posted my issues with two main concepts.  Firstly, the ability to buy Elions Tears and ghillie suits were blatant advantages in pvp, and then second pvp is forced on you after 45, so you are driven towards items that give you an advantage in pvp.

Many responses said no it was not pay2win, but I knew they were deluded and it was just a matter of time.  Well here's your cake, enjoy it!