Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to Buy, Question about DoF

KaalinnKaalinn Member UncommonPosts: 121

Hi everyone,

for some time i hadn't decided on what my next MMO should be, so i trialed lots of stuff, and after trialing EQ2 (to make sure the machine can handle it) i pretty much decided to buy it.

Now, after visiting my respective country's amazon website i discovered that somehow Ubisoft seems unable to supply a bundle that contains the main game and ALL extensions for the EU players/customers.

So now there's this really nice cheap offer for the main game + KoS, without DoF and those adventure addon thingies (not sure yet what they are, if anyone cares to explain i'd be glad). So now my question is, what would i miss if i dont get DoF ?  Not only talking gameplay features or general features here, but also how the DoF zones and items and whatever are integrated into the social aspects. Like, does lvling in a certain lvl range mainly take place in DoF zones, so i would have a hard time getting through that specific lvl range because there's barely any people at places i can go to ?

thanks to anyone who cares to answer

Comments

• icehawkeicehawke Member UncommonPosts: 52
    You should be able to buy and download the DoF content digitally from Sony.
  • KaalinnKaalinn Member UncommonPosts: 121

I know where to get DoF.....

What i wanted to know is, what exactly would i be missing out on if i dont get it? Because the question for me is whether i should spent more money to get DoF right away with the game, or if it isnt necessary.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

If you are new to the game none of the expansions are essential from what i can tell . There is plenty to do in the base game until you reach higher lvls .

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KaalinnKaalinn Member UncommonPosts: 121

Yes but what does DoF actually ADD to the game?

Obvisouly it DOES add zones, but what about those zones, are they commonly used for lvling or item hunting, are they more of a bonus but not really needed and included in the lvling grind or what?

also what other stuff does it add? that's what i wanna know

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Those are good questions. I do know that you won't need DoF until at least high 40's, but yes I have heard once you get there, there are excellent drops and quests and experience to be had to level 60. Hope that helps.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Just stick with KoS for now as it includes the full game anyway.  You wont be able to do anything in the actual KoS until you get around mid 50's.  The only reason to get this now is so you can start earning Achievement Points.

Forget about DoF for now as that content is around mid 40's onwards. 

• gravingravin Member Posts: 12
    Question regarding this topic.

I am going to be starting the game, it seems great to me.

Do I buy KoS to have the full game? I'm gonna head to Fry's tonight and pick it up. I'm excited, been reading about it all day at work image
  • anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    If you buy KoS expansion, it comes with the full version of EQ2.

• GGaFxGGaFx Member Posts: 151

DOF is only for 45+ but if you have the regular game your able to lvl up to 50 without any expansion. the expansions are for the higher lvls dof is 50-60 and kos is 60-70. i dont have any of them yet and im almost lvl 49 but im gonna get soon b/c guild needs me to be able and go into the dof zones and what not. plus i need the lvls. =0

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

KoS comes with only CORE EQ2. It does NOT come with DoF.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• NecianNecian Member Posts: 73

From what I understand, if you buy the KOS package, it comes with the original EQ2 game. But, what this means is without DoF, you can't get to the KOS stuff. Or you can get to the KOS, but you will die, because you can't level past 50 without DoF. This is annoying, but I guess if you like the game enough to hit 50, you're likely going to be ok with paying another $20 to get DoF because it adds a heck of a lot of content.

Hopefully this answers the original question.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Originally posted by Kaalinn

Hi everyone,
    for some time i hadn't decided on what my next MMO should be, so i trialed lots of stuff, and after trialing EQ2 (to make sure the machine can handle it) i pretty much decided to buy it.
    Now, after visiting my respective country's amazon website i discovered that somehow Ubisoft seems unable to supply a bundle that contains the main game and ALL extensions for the EU players/customers.
    So now there's this really nice cheap offer for the main game + KoS, without DoF and those adventure addon thingies (not sure yet what they are, if anyone cares to explain i'd be glad). So now my question is, what would i miss if i dont get DoF ?  Not only talking gameplay features or general features here, but also how the DoF zones and items and whatever are integrated into the social aspects. Like, does lvling in a certain lvl range mainly take place in DoF zones, so i would have a hard time getting through that specific lvl range because there's barely any people at places i can go to ?
    thanks to anyone who cares to answer

Until yer able to access the content, you'll be missing some emote voices/sounds.  thats all.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."