Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert censorship veers into the realm of the absurd

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited August 2016
    Daum flat-out stated they might do this down the line, yet nobody bothered to pay attention at the time. Now they scream and cry about 'betrayal', when in fact there wasn't one. You were told it might happen, you played the game anyway. I have no sympathy for you. Next time read the information given thoroughly. 

As for the linked post, it's definitely well written... but well written garbage is still garbage. Just read anything written by Sonia Sotomayor or Anita Sarkeesian if you need a non-gaming example. It's nothing more than a thinly veiled attack on Daum / Kakao based purely on emotion with little to no logical thought put into it. Banning the guy may have been a bit extreme (deleting the post would've sufficed), but it may have been warranted, as I don't know what his posting history is. Chances are, he's caused trouble before. 
    Couldn't resist injecting some socio-political f#ck sh!t into the conversation huh? We're going to talk about dumb writings from Supreme Court justices and single out the hispanic woman, and not Scalia right? Why even bring it up? Add your post to the well written garbage category. Irony.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    One thing that seems to escape people when it comes to internet forums. You don't have freedom of speech.  The person who owns the database owns the freedom of speech. They extend the courtesy of speech to you so long as you speak within the guidelines they post. It's their freedom of speech, not yours. Someone can't just come to your front yard and put offensive sings up all over your lawn and then say "Don't violate my freedom of speech bro" when it's your yard.....this is no different. Daum has every right to ban someone who posts something they don't want on their databases. This has nothing to do with the player base feeling betrayed and wanting a place to express that. 
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

How To Admit You Were Wrong And Not Lose Face

MMORPG.com should sticky the above.  

Not that it would guarantee that it would make much difference but one could hope :awesome:  
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740

Not that it would guarantee that it would make much difference but one could hope :awesome:  
    Oh my gosh!!!!!!
    You are saying that after clearly making a mistake and then twisting and turning to pretend you were not in error. All the while making personal attacks on my character and psychological health??

Just too funny.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Gdemami said:
    JeroKane said:
    I have to agree with this.

I really love FFXIV and play it, but some time after launch of ARR, I complained on the forums regarding the horrific queue times for DPS jobs (which were horrific at that time and basically forced me to reroll a tank job instead, as I don't have the time to Level up all kinds of different jobs).
    I was constructive, didn't troll, didn't use any vulgar words whatsoever.

INSTA ban! No explanation. Nothing. Just instant perma ban! I wrote an email to SE about this excessive moderation practice and got an answer that they cannot do anything, as they leave it all to the moderators.

The official SE forums are among the worst and have ZERO tollerance for critisism, unless you are friends with one of the mods. Really sad.
    ...or likely you weren't as constructive as you think you were. Outrageous idea, isn't it?

People often deem posts constructive if they resonate with their own bias.

The OP is prime example of such case, obviously non-constructive post, yet there are people who find it "constructive" and "well written" just because of their sympathy with the author.
    I'll have to agree with this.

Over the years on this site we've had people who come complaining about a ban and saying they were "constructive but being honest" only for them to post what they wrote and it was ban worthy.

So I usually reserve judgement until I've actually seen their "honest yet constructive" post.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    One thing that seems to escape people when it comes to internet forums. You don't have freedom of speech.  The person who owns the database owns the freedom of speech. They extend the courtesy of speech to you so long as you speak within the guidelines they post. It's their freedom of speech, not yours. Someone can't just come to your front yard and put offensive sings up all over your lawn and then say "Don't violate my freedom of speech bro" when it's your yard.....this is no different. Daum has every right to ban someone who posts something they don't want on their databases. This has nothing to do with the player base feeling betrayed and wanting a place to express that. 

I think it has a lot more to do with "censoring" the opinions of their player base than it does "freedom of speech."  While there should, indeed, be no expectation of freedom of speech in a platform such as a game forum, it is the one place that players who are supporting the game should be allowed to exercise their opinions and concerns about the game in question without being silenced, so long as those voices are doing so in a respectful manner.  

In the above thread in question, I believe the appropriate recourse to have been taken by Daum should have been to respond and either refute, deny, explain or otherwise provide an explanation as to why the content of the thread was not appropriate.  There is a lot of truth in the saying "keep your friends close and enemies closer" (Disclaimer: For those of you with an itchy hair in dark places, no I have not researched the accuracy of the quote).

Censorship is never a good recourse.  And if you are going to experience discord, its a good practice to contain to a place that you can control, than to let it spiral out of control through other media of which you have no control.  Such actions can only serve to increase discord within the player base, and that discord will amplify and resonate louder through other alternative gaming venues with the potential of causing irreparable damage.  
    edited August 2016

Oh my gosh!!!!!!
    You are saying that after clearly making a mistake and then twisting and turning to pretend you were not in error. All the while making personal attacks on my character and psychological health??

Just too funny.

You'd have a point if I ever claimed to be correct.  I never claimed to be right.  One can not admit to a mistake when there was never a basis of wrong doing in the first place.  As alluded to in my response to your posts, my point was never so much about my being right or wrong but about your whole rant being irrelevant.  The intent was never mine to specifically quote Santayana.  I was simply paraphrasing the quote to make a point as many others have done and as proven by the dozens, if not hundreds, of variations of the quote on the internet.  Just because you chose to assign me as specifically quoting Santanaya does not make it so.  

Now had I specifically assigned Santanaya's name as the basis for my quote, and then gotten it wrong, then you'd have every right to correct me in that regard.  But that was not the case.  If anyone was wrong in this entire exchange, it is you, for making assumptions on vague quote passages and making specific literal corrections on them when the posters intent was never to assert any type of accuracy to them.  It was you who contributed to your own demise by raising questions regarding your character and psychological health. I was simply the venue by which it was brought it to your attention.
  • AwesomeMantisAwesomeMantis Member CommonPosts: 4
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DMKano said:
    Nyctelios said:
    FYI, major outlets such PC GAMER are showing the in game calls against the P2W changes... So I guess it's working at least to show what the VOCAL MINORITY of players stand for.

Fixed it for you
    So much in denial.
    So because its not an opinion you share, and its become a news worthy article in a popular gaming magazine, its now just a vocal minority?

Oh my gosh!!!!!!

Just too funny.

You'd have a point if I ever claimed to be correct.  I never claimed to be right.  One can not admit to a mistake when there was never a basis of wrong doing in the first place.  As alluded to in my response to your posts, my point was never so much about my being right or wrong but about your whole rant being irrelevant.  The intent was never mine to specifically quote Santayana.  I was simply paraphrasing the quote to make a point as many others have done and as proven by the dozens, if not hundreds, of variations of the quote on the internet.  Just because you chose to assign me as specifically quoting Santanaya does not make it so.  

Now had I specifically assigned Santanaya's name as the basis for my quote, and then gotten it wrong, then you'd have every right to correct me in that regard.  But that was not the case.  If anyone was wrong in this entire exchange, it is you, for making assumptions on vague quote passages and making specific literal corrections on them when the posters intent was never to assert any type of accuracy to them.  It was you who contributed to your own demise by raising questions regarding your character and psychological health. I was simply the venue by which it was brought it to your attention.
    .... and here we go again down the rabbit hole to your own private wonderland.
    Not content with making a sly dig in an unrelated post about hairs in dark places we get to go over the original ground again.

What you said was: ".... for that is the term that no doubt gave birth to" thus implying that what followed was the original, and the original was Santayana and you misquoted it. Add to that the two quotes you linked in this way were totally unrelated. I invite you to reread your subsequent posts particularly: 
    'your common sense is lacking'
    'if you weren't so insecure about yourself'
    and the bit you later edited out

'in an effort to raise your self-esteem, you can do a bit of research on that type of behavior in the area of psychology'
    'truly pompous, obnoxious, and petty '

You really are hilarious, just move on. You made a mistake, we all do, stop trying to win the internets. Try saying things in your own words without trying to prop them up wirh quotes. You know you say some pretty cogent things when you do that.
  • LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Phry said:
    The banned post was well written, and i can easily imagine that a lot of people who play BDO think the same way, at least in regards to the 'promise' that was made when BDO first released here.
    When i looked at the map in BDO yesterday evening, there was one consistent theme, from all the different node points that had been captured by various guilds, they had all changed their 'flag' to one that had a simple symbol, P2W in a red circle with a line through it, nobody in BDO wants the upcoming P2W changes, when you couple that with the protests on the forums, then Daum needs to really take notice, and rather concentrate on censorship, they should be considering ways in which a compromise can be reached.
    The problem is, we've learned the ins and outs of the Kakao deal much better over the past couple of days, and the line of thinking is that this new company wanted to wholly change their business model and use BDO basically as a temporary tool to farm as much money as possible in the very shourt term to support the new vision.

Basically, I don't think there's any reasoning with these people. They knew there would be blowback, and they don't care.
    edited August 2016

Oh my gosh!!!!!!

Just too funny.

.... and here we go again down the rabbit hole to your own private wonderland.
    Not content with making a sly dig in an unrelated post about hairs in dark places we get to go over the original ground again.

What you said was: ".... for that is the term that no doubt gave birth to" thus implying that what followed was the original, and the original was Santayana and you misquoted it. Add to that the two quotes you linked in this way were totally unrelated. I invite you to reread your subsequent posts particularly: 
    'your common sense is lacking'
    'if you weren't so insecure about yourself'
    and the bit you later edited out

'in an effort to raise your self-esteem, you can do a bit of research on that type of behavior in the area of psychology'
    'truly pompous, obnoxious, and petty '

You really are hilarious, just move on. You made a mistake, we all do, stop trying to win the internets. Try saying things in your own words without trying to prop them up wirh quotes. You know you say some pretty cogent things when you do that.
    I implied nothing.  You assumed everything.

That said, since this is obviously so important to you, I will be the bigger man.  

You are right, I am wrong.

Happy now?

Rest well :awesome:
    edited August 2016
    Sovrath said:
    Lleith said:

The guy was banned for posting that. Controversial? Sure - but certainly not anywhere near the most vitriolic thing that BDO's forums have seen in the past 48 hours. But the ban hammer came down nonetheless: thread deleted, user bludgeoned into silence.

Some of you guys really need to grow up. Including that poster.

Game forums are not places for people to express anything they want, fight injustice, insult the owners, or "just being honest".

They are there to bring the community together so that the company can support that community for a game it sells.

The only reason that company has that forum is because of its product.

that company is not going to want to host angry mobs who are there to cause a negative environment about its product, so of course he was banned.

You don't like a product or the business model then don't support it. Support a competitor who does what you think are the right things. It's just that simple. But don't expect a business to host dissent on their own virtual property.

Stop thinking video games are a "right".
    Stop thinking that customers are a field that can be silently farmed. Good developers appreciate that the open exchange of information - even if temporarily hurtful to their business - helps them build credibility amongst the playerbase and builds in flexibility and brand loyalty for the future. 

You can repeat this "it's their forum, their rules" nonsense as much as you like - because, of course, in the most narrow interpretation imaginable, it is quite true. However, this is the internet - the electronic wild west - and we are western gamers. Our interpretation of this venue is different from many other cultures, and we (most of us) shudder violently at all forms of repression. And, as the massive blowback of this single deleted thread proves, clumsy censorship doesn't even work - it just explodes back in your face.

It's very easy to defend the "powers that be" - I understand why you're doing it, because the alternative (to fight back) is both difficult and scary. The problem is, the revolution in BDO's back yard has taken hold, and they can ban people all they like, but it isn't going to stop people from making the ultimate expression of free thought: uninstalling the game (and, for many of us, completing a chargeback). You're on the wrong side of history, bud. We win.
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    Lleith said:
    https://bdomaths.wordpress.com/2016/08/06/the-end-of-a-short-journey/

The guy was banned for posting that. Controversial? Sure - but certainly not anywhere near the most vitriolic thing that BDO's forums have seen in the past 48 hours. But the ban hammer came down nonetheless: thread deleted, user bludgeoned into silence.

Honestly, as an MMORPG company, you couldn't draw up a battleplan to sink your own stock and trade faster than what Daum/Kakao (or however the hell it's spelled) are doing. It's absolutely amazing how out-of-touch they are, and even more bizarre that they believe that in the most tech-savvy era in human history that word of their shenanigans wouldn't IMMEDIATELY get out and be poured like gasoline back onto the fire brewing in their backyard.

Now every 3rd post is quoting that deleted thread! There's nothing like successful censorship!
    Truth is treason in the land of lies.... 
  • TL_GamerTL_Gamer Member CommonPosts: 11
    edited August 2016
    After skimming through this topic and weeding through all the crap. In the end this topic is no different than any other topic on this matter then you have the vile offenders rubbing it in because the person cannot defend themselves and causing problems. Which even though is totally against rules of any forum somehow there never seems to ever be a problem with that happening, but there is a huge problem with people pointing out that the moderators or whomever is overseeing the site is abusive and unfair..and all anyone says is deal with it.

Then all people do is complain when the person you did that too comes back onto the forum totally pissed off and ranting and people act like they have no right to do so and then try to say See this is why they got banned.When in reality they got banned for no reason then people provoked them and now the troublemakers are complaining as if they're the victims when in fact they're the whole problem

So here is the Deal if the rules on forums cannot be applied to everyone equally then all forums on the internet need to be removed altogether because no one should be allowed to post anything. What's really interesting is when people start trying to dictated what they want to be harassment.

People that call someone a "Known troll" is no different than someone saying F you to someone. Calling someone a TROLL is the equivalent of calling a woman the C word. It's a degrading comment that people like to say is ok to do. On my forum anyone that calls anyone a troll is banned. I don't tolerate people purposely going into people's topics and then starting problems then trying to play victim. If the topic is fine and then all of a sudden becomes a mess then the problem is someone who entered the topic, not the person responding so I remove the troublemakers something that no other forums in existence ever bother doing..they only ever look at the response from the person instead of looking at why the response was given.

There is way, way, too much of people being allowed to post things others are not allowed to post crap going on. The whole point to a forum is so that everyone has their say, so if some people are going to gets silenced and not others even though both are doing the exact same things then forum needs to be completely shut down all together. If certain people cannot post while others can then no one should be allowed to post anything at all. Got a problem with one person then you also are required to have a problem with every other person that does that same exact type of post.. All punishments are required to be exactly the same for everyone..none of this well I'm talking to you or we're looking at your actions crap.

Another thing that people do to create problems is constantly trying to annoy the ever loving piss out of topic creator by making them repeat something that is already in the topic by playing dumb and making it out to be the topic creator never said it, so eventually the Topic creator starts typing in caps that it's in the topic itself. Those people then report the topic creator for being disruptive and despite it's clear as day the people were antagonizing the topic creator, what does the moderator do, they blame the topic creator instead of removing the people provoking which is also done on purpose so they can use that to ammunition to feel justified by removing the topic creator by bullying them.

Anyone running their forum in that condition (Which is pretty much every forum in existence) is an idiot and does not know how to run a forum. And should have their account hacked into so they cannot pull that on anyone any more and see how they like it.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited August 2016
    TL_Gamer said:
    The whole point to a forum is so that everyone has their say
    Heck no.

You are probably fine when people take dump at your backyard but do not think for a minute others are going to be fine with it as well.
    Lleith said:
    Sovrath said:
    Lleith said:

Game forums are not places for people to express anything they want, fight injustice, insult the owners, or "just being honest".

They are there to bring the community together so that the company can support that community for a game it sells.

that company is not going to want to host angry mobs who are there to cause a negative environment about its product, so of course he was banned.

You don't like a product or the business model then don't support it. Support a competitor who does what you think are the right things. It's just that simple. But don't expect a business to host dissent on their own virtual property.

Stop thinking that customers are a field that can be silently farmed. Good developers appreciate that the open exchange of information - even if temporarily hurtful to their business - helps them build credibility amongst the playerbase and builds in flexibility and brand loyalty for the future. 

You can repeat this "it's their forum, their rules" nonsense as much as you like - because, of course, in the most narrow interpretation imaginable, it is quite true. However, this is the internet - the electronic wild west - and we are western gamers. Our interpretation of this venue is different from many other cultures, and we (most of us) shudder violently at all forms of repression. And, as the massive blowback of this single deleted thread proves, clumsy censorship doesn't even work - it just explodes back in your face.

It's very easy to defend the "powers that be" - I understand why you're doing it, because the alternative (to fight back) is both difficult and scary. The problem is, the revolution in BDO's back yard has taken hold, and they can ban people all they like, but it isn't going to stop people from making the ultimate expression of free thought: uninstalling the game (and, for many of us, completing a chargeback). You're on the wrong side of history, bud. We win.
    Oh please.

I repeat what I say. And really? electronic wild west?

What would I be defending? A company's right to do as they please? Let them.

There is a reason I don't tell people I play video games and it's precisely because of posts like yours. It casts people who play video games as so "less than", it's like a community of man-boys/girls with their priorities way off.

and clearly it's not true, there are reasonable successful, stable individuals who play video games like any hobby, be it sports or art or music of "whatever". But every time I see a post like yours I'm reminded how far the hobby has to go.

I'm not joining this crusade because I actually don't believe in a word you said. Has nothing to do with being difficult. You know what is difficult? Being in a community with members who use the word "revolution" in connection to video games. It's just so trying.

So yeah, I stand by my post and repeat that if you don't like a company don't support them. It's just that easy. And if the medium continually wallows in behavior that you find reprehensible then find another hobby.

Kakao (or whatever they are called) can sink or swim by their own actions, they will either satisfy customers or drive them away. I don't really need to be part of a "video game revolution".

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

TL_Gamer said:
    After skimming through this topic and weeding through all the crap. In the end this topic is no different than any other topic on this matter then you have the vile offenders rubbing it in because the person cannot defend themselves and causing problems. Which even though is totally against rules of any forum somehow there never seems to ever be a problem with that happening, but there is a huge problem with people pointing out that the moderators or whomever is overseeing the site is abusive and unfair..and all anyone says is deal with it..Then all people do is complain when the person you did that too comes back onto the forum totally pissed off and ranting and people act like they have no right to do so and then try to say See this is why they got banned.When in reality they got banned for no reason then people provoked them and now the troublemakers are complaining as if they're the victims when in fact they're the whole problem

So here is the Deal if the rules on forums cannot be applied to everyone equally then all forums on the internet need to be removed altogether because no one should be allowed to post anything.
    What's really interesting is when people start trying to dictated what they want to be harassment.

People that call someone a "Known troll" is no different than someone saying F you to someone. Calling someone a TROLL is the equivalent of calling a woman the C word. It's a degrading comment that people like to say is ok to do. On my forum anyone that calls anyone a troll is banned. I don't tolerate people purposely going into people's topics and then starting problems then trying to play victim. If the topic is fine and then all of a sudden becomes a mess then the problem is someone who entered the topic, not the person responding so I remove the troublemakers something that no other forums in existence ever bother doing..they only ever look at the response from the person instead of looking at why the response was given.

There is way, way, too much of people being allowed to post things others are not allowed to post crap going on. The whole point to a forum is so that everyone has their say, so if some people are going to gets silened and not others even though both are doing the exact same things then forum needs to be completely shut down all together. If certain people cannot post while others can then no one should be allowed to post anything at all. Got a problem with one person then you also are required to have a problem with every other person that does that same exact type of post.. All punishments are required to be exactly the same for everyone..none of this well I'm talking to you or we're looking at your actions crap
    Long rant, but given you say "on my forum" and created your profile today, I really have to ask what forum are you referring to? It seems relevant to know what your agenda is.
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    So you guys are seriously going to do charge backs over this? I'm still enjoying the game. I couldn't see myself doing a charge back after willingly using their services. That doesn't seem right to me. None of these proposed changes are going to effect how i enjoy the game. No one in my guild seems too phased  with it either. 
    edited August 2016
    Sovrath said:
    Lleith said:
    Sovrath said:
    Lleith said:

Oh please.

I repeat what I say. And really? electronic wild west?

What would I be defending? A company's right to do as they please? Let them.

There is a reason I don't tell people I play video games and it's precisely because of posts like yours. It casts people who play video games as so "less than", it's like a community of man-boys/girls with their priorities way off.

and clearly it's not true, there are reasonable successful, stable individuals who play video games like any hobby, be it sports or art or music of "whatever". But every time I see a post like yours I'm reminded how far the hobby has to go.

I'm not joining this crusade because I actually don't believe in a word you said. Has nothing to do with being difficult. You know what is difficult? Being in a community with members who use the word "revolution" in connection to video games. It's just so trying.

So yeah, I stand by my post and repeat that if you don't like a company don't support them. It's just that easy. And if the medium continually wallows in behavior that you find reprehensible then find another hobby.

Kakao (or whatever they are called) can sink or swim by their own actions, they will either satisfy customers or drive them away. I don't really need to be part of a "video game revolution".
    Do you deny that BDO is going down in flames? Obviously (or, at least, to those of us accustomed to expressing ourselves with the English language), the use of 'revolution' was employing colorful terminology rather than literal fact, but you cannot deny that people are quitting in droves over this. In as much as a "revolution" can happen in an MMORPG, what we are seeing over on the BDO forums equates to one.

Now whether you acknowledge that or not is your choice. Everyone is entitled to stick their head in the sand - the only problem with doing so being that it doesn't change the facts on the ground. And those facts are quite simple: Black Desert is bleeding out. 

And by the way, nobody would want a stick in the mud like you around during any kind of a revolution regardless - don't flatter yourself: you weren't invited.
    edited August 2016
    Jinxys said:
    So you guys are seriously going to do charge backs over this? I'm still enjoying the game. I couldn't see myself doing a charge back after willingly using their services. That doesn't seem right to me. None of these proposed changes are going to effect how i enjoy the game. No one in my guild seems too phased  with it either. 
    We were sold a bill of goods. Daum repeatedly portrayed their product as a buy-to-play game tailored (because of said initial cost) to meet the needs and expectations of western gamers. Instead, we got to pay for something that all other markets received for free, and then, 5 months in, bor witness to the company reversing course and turning BDO into exactly the type of P2W bizzaro-world they promised we'd never suffer.

Yes, I initiated my chargeback 2 days ago. In 5 days, I will escalate the claim and, as Daum won't reply, I will receive my money back. I don't care if it's deceitful - so was lying to us. 
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Lleith said:
    but you cannot deny that people are quitting in droves over this.
    One does not need to since there is no evidence that there are "people quitting in droves".
    Gdemami said:
    Lleith said:
    but you cannot deny that people are quitting in droves over this.
    One does not need to since there is no evidence that there are "people quitting in droves".
    You're a troll. I have nothing further to say to you regarding any topic. Goodbye.
  • Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    It is strange that people would rather fight over weather or not BDO the game gets the money or gold farmers get the money .

I would much rather have bdo get themoney, cause no matter what, players will use RMT outside of the game.

With that said all of these chicken little stuff is asinine. The people who are top tier already bought RMT from gold farmers.
    Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
    Lleith said:

Do you deny that BDO is going down in flames? Obviously (or, at least, to those of us accustomed to expressing ourselves with the English language), the use of 'revolution' was employing colorful terminology rather than literal fact, but you cannot deny that people are quitting in droves over this. In as much as a "revolution" can happen in an MMORPG, what we are seeing over on the BDO forums equates to one.

Now whether you acknowledge that or not is your choice. Everyone is entitled to stick their head in the sand - the only problem with doing so being that it doesn't change the facts on the ground. And those facts are quite simple: Black Desert is bleeding out. 

And by the way, nobody would want a stick in the mud like you around during any kind of a revolution regardless - don't flatter yourself: you weren't invited.
    I'm currently in game now, there seems to be a healthy population. Probably not as much as launch but that's always to be expected.

I'm reminded of a company that wrote an article about changing their monetary system to include a cash shop. They said that there was a huge backlash on their forums with people who screamed that they were going to leave in droves.

After they incorporated their cash shop they noticed that not only were there many users of this cash shop but those who screamed the loudest turned out to be their best customers.

So I'll take with a grain of salt any outcry of people leaving in droves until I actually see it. Which won't stop me playing as I played Vanguard with only a few thousand people and had a blast.

As far as I'm concerned you have your head in the sand, you've just chosen a different beach.