Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Report: Blizzard Will Reveal HD Remaster of StarCraft in September

blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,826
edited August 2016 in General Gaming

The game's creators at Blizzard Software might have a treat in store for you: a remastered version of the original StarCraft. According to Korean news outlet iNews24—spotted by Kotaku on Friday—multiple sources are confident that Blizzard plans to announce StarCraft HD in September. The announcement would be followed by a deeper reveal at BlizzCon's November event in Anaheim.

Read More Here:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/08/report-blizzard-will-reveal-hd-remaster-of-starcraft-in-september/

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    It would be so freakin awesome, but knowing blizz this most likely not gonna happen.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Well, it was certainly a much better game than the sequel. I really miss designing Starcraft I maps.
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,438
    They'll drown in money. Good call, Blizz.
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    So far have the HD games been a disappointment to me, both Baldurs gate and Heroes 3 had way too little work into them and still looked at least 10 years old. I hope Blizz can do better then that.
    Yes, but that's because most of so called HD remakes are in fact mobile ports with scaling resolution. They slap HD remake on it to try get some numbers on Steam, GoG, so on.

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,063
    I wish more companies would do this with games that had great gameplay.
  • GainsNGamesGainsNGames Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Awesome news. They should do a Diablo 2 HD remaster next. That max resolution of 800 x 600 is so  blah.
  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,634
    Awesome news. They should do a Diablo 2 HD remaster next. That max resolution of 800 x 600 is so  blah.
    Diablo 2 HD combined with a new patch or even expansion would be absolutely amazing. It is still one of my favorite RPGs.

Not sure if I am going to play SC 1 HD myself, but I can imagine that it is going to make many SC fans happy.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I rather have the first Diablo fixed up, it was awesome fun, I killed 3 mouses playing it...
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Loke666 said:
    I rather have the first Diablo fixed up, it was awesome fun, I killed 3 mouses playing it...
    As long as I don't have to continue to click to attack I agree!!!
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Blizzard are the smartest company in the world, instead of making new they take what people love and shine it up.  I wish more companies would learn from these magnificent bastards.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,021
    Loke666 said:
    I only played the first Diablo on Playstation 1 back in the day. I would totally play a fully remasterd version on PS4.

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,826
    Loke666 said:
    I only played the first Diablo on Playstation 1 back in the day. I would totally play a fully remasterd version on PS4.
    Yeah Diablo and Diablo 2 HD and Remastered on one disc or download package? Yes please!

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,584
    Its a nice idea but the cynical part of me feels that no matter how cool it sounds, Blizzard will find a way to fuck it up.

"You have kept me at your beck and call for fifteen years. I shall never again do what you demand of me. By every rule of single combat, from this moment your life belongs to me. Is that not correct? Then I shall simply declare you dead. In all of your dealings with me, you'll do me the courtesy to conduct yourself as a dead man. I have submitted to your notions of honor long enough. You will now submit to mine."

As much I love D2 and would sell my fish-cat-horror pet to buy a HD remaster of it makes more sense it would be done to Diablo 1 instead - which is another gorgeous game, by the way.