Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert censorship veers into the realm of the absurd

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    What is his post history?  Has he been warned before for something?  Does he have a history?  It's easy to get wrapped up in one post thats published, but I like to know the whole picture.  Also, I've looked at the forum, and there are plenty of negative posts, so they aren't crushing everything bad.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited August 2016
    It's to be expected though, I mean what do you expect will happen on official game forum.  They will try and keep negative stuff away for sales....DUH.

That's why there sites like this one so you can freely complain without getting da boot on the official one.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    DMKano said:
    The post was well written, however it doesnt take away the fact that it was nothing but a smear campaign against Kakao/Daum 

Kakao/Daum can moderate their forums as they wish, it's not a democracy or free speech 

Does it suck?  Sure - but again, their forums, their game, their moderators.

I can see why they are going to be removing posts they deem negative to their business
    "I can see why they are going to be removing posts they deem negative to their business"

So why don't they remove their own post about it going full P2W?

Jokes aside, as someone who left the game long ago, what they are doing is pretty much downright robbery. I guess their offering refunds within 72 hours of their post which makes it semi-okay, but still pretty scummy.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Phry said:
    Doug_B said:
    Whiner gets banned #good
    80% of games population leaves #good ?

SOE kind of made gaming history with SWG that way, be sad to see this repeated.

What is it with you and this manufactured hyperbole? Earlier it was "nobody wants the upcoming changes" and now 80% of the game's population is going to leave?

You have a broken crystal ball and you need to look up the definition of "nobody".

I get you don't like the game developer but you don't have to spew pseudo-facts to justify your hate. Just say you hate them.

I see, so you think i hate the developer or the game for that matter?
    I've been a staunch defender of the game until now, and a supporter of Daum in particular.

Rather than engaging in prescience, i'm more a fan of history, you learn more that way and tend to make less mistakes, 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing is it not?

I don't think i've had to look up a definition for such a simple concept as 'nobody' since i was 12, but feel free to engage your vocabulary if your up to it, i do enjoy a challenge. :p

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    BDOmaths has done tons of work elaborating on the intricacies of the game, showcasing the depth the game has to offer.  Pretty sad they'd ban someone like that.

Seems they really are all-in on this p2w conversion.  It's depressing.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    i mean i been saying daum is a terrible joke of a company for a long time now...

so this really comes as no suprise to be honest.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    BDOmaths has done tons of work elaborating on the intricacies of the game, showcasing the depth the game has to offer.  Pretty sad they'd ban someone like that.

Seems they really are all-in on this p2w conversion.  It's depressing.
    It seems in game demonstrations and official forum posts begging them to change their minds are of no avail.
    but your right, its depressing.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited August 2016
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Doug_B said:
    Whiner gets banned #good

What is it with you and this manufactured hyperbole? Earlier it was "nobody wants the upcoming changes" and now 80% of the game's population is going to leave?

You have a broken crystal ball and you need to look up the definition of "nobody".

I get you don't like the game developer but you don't have to spew pseudo-facts to justify your hate. Just say you hate them.

I've been a staunch defender of the game until now, and a supporter of Daum in particular.

Rather than engaging in prescience, i'm more a fan of history, you learn more that way and tend to make less mistakes, 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing is it not?

I don't think i've had to look up a definition for such a simple concept as 'nobody' since i was 12, but feel free to engage your vocabulary if your up to it, i do enjoy a challenge. :p

The irony in all of this is that the same posters who have been cronically hating on BDO since its release, and often times even long before its release, are now whiteknighting it and calling its long time hardcore supporters haters. It's really an interesting turn of events to witness. It would make for an interesting psychological study for sure.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Gdemami said:
    I applaud Kakao for heavy handed moderation, only way to have constructive dialogue/feedback.

Well deserved ban.
    Silencing voices and removing threads handling your products flaws is anything but constructive and it certainly has nothing to do with dialogue and feedback.

It was a well written and coherent post. The fact that it got removed and its maker banned speaks volumes about Kakao.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited August 2016
    LacedOpium said:
    The irony in all of this is that the same posters who have been cronically hating on BDO since its release, and often times even long before its release, are now whiteknighting it and calling its long time hardcore supporters haters. It's really an interesting turn of events to witness.
    It isn't a turnover at all.

Your blind support of the game is equal to your emotional response to cash shop changes.

You follow same pattern, no worry.
    Gdemami said:
    LacedOpium said:
    The irony in all of this is that the same posters who have been cronically hating on BDO since its release, and often times even long before its release, are now whiteknighting it and calling its long time hardcore supporters haters. It's really an interesting turn of events to witness.
    It isn't a turnover at all.

Your blind support of the game is equal to your emotional response to cash shop changes.

You follow same pattern, no worry.
    I've been as much a vocal critic of the game as I've been a supporter.  The proof of that is recorded in my posting history.  It's called honesty, integrity, and principal.  I am consistent in that regard.  The same can not be said for you.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Doug_B said:
    Whiner gets banned #good

The irony in all of this is that the same posters who have been cronically hating on BDO since its release, and often times even long before its release, are now whiteknighting it and calling its long time hardcore supporters haters. It's really an interesting turn of events to witness. It would make for an interesting psychological study for sure.
    I assume you mean those like me who opposed the B2P model and removal of player trading. I did not "hate" BDO, if i have to be correct i was actually hating the fact that what PA and DAUM had to do to make the game work for NA/EU, they had to change game mechanics just to suit the western hypocrites.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Shodanas said:
    Gdemami said:
    I applaud Kakao for heavy handed moderation, only way to have constructive dialogue/feedback.

Well deserved ban.
    Silencing voices and removing threads handling your products flaws is anything but constructive and it certainly has nothing to do with dialogue and feedback.

It was a well written and coherent post. The fact that it got removed and its maker banned speaks volumes about Kakao.

The thread claimed that DAUM said that DAUM would never allow RMT through cash shop item selling. Fact is that DAUM said it even before launching that after the launch phase is over they will indeed allow selling cash shop items in game with restrictions. That post was full of other nonsense too. It was most definitely not a constructive post, it was a nonsensical rant.

But i do agree that it was not worth deleting. If they can't even take player rant they should stop gaming business altogether.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

edited August 2016
    Shodanas said:

You cannot have a constructive dialogue with someone talking nonsense, I explicitly pointed that out in my earlier posts.

Debate about "P2W" cannot be constructive, especially when you use "P2W" as an "argument".
    LacedOpium said:
     I am consistent in that regard.
    I did say you follow same pattern...same emotional response as always.
    edited August 2016
    Gdemami said:
    LacedOpium said:
     I am consistent in that regard.
    I did say you follow same pattern...same emotional response as always.
    What same pattern?  Be specific.

I have been just as critical of BDO as I have been supportive unlike yourself, who has been nothing but a chronic hater of BDO since day one.  

This is not to imply that you can not support a change that you agree with even though you've had nothing but hate for the game.  The main point of my post was to highlight your desire to paint others as, all of a sudden, haters of the game when they have been nothing but die-hard supporters of the game since its release.

For the record, this change does not affect me in the least.  I don't think it comes as a surprise to anyone that I am not a big fan of gated FFA OWPvP in MMORPGs.  And supporters of this type of game play are the ones most damage by this type of change.  That said, I simply realize that cash shops that provided for players to gain an advantage, or circumvent arduous game play mechanics, via the use of RL money is a detriment to the MMORPG genre, and TBH all MMO game play in general.  There should be no way, that in the spirit of gaming competition, for money to become a factor whereby one player can gain an advantage, or facilitate/circumvent arduous tasks, that are the make-up, foundation, and essence of why we play the games in the first place.

Using money to facility, circumvent, convenience, or otherwise create work-arounds to arduous or time consuming functions/tasks that others are not privy to because they do not succumb to the use of money as an easy way out to avoid integral game mechanics, compromises and renders all joy of achievement, determination, perseverance, and overall game sportsmanship utterly worthless.

It should not be promoted and railed against each and every time it rears its ugly head.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Shodanas said:
    Gdemami said:

Well deserved ban.

The thread claimed that DAUM said that DAUM would never allow RMT through cash shop item selling. Fact is that DAUM said it even before launching that after the launch phase is over they will indeed allow selling cash shop items in game with restrictions. That post was full of other nonsense too. It was most definitely not a constructive post, it was a nonsensical rant.

But i do agree that it was not worth deleting. If they can't even take player rant they should stop gaming business altogether.
    It's a good example of how quickly people forget these sort of things.

I'll even admit, up until someone posted that, I'd completely forgotten about that post too. >.>

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

edited August 2016
    Jean-Luc_Picard said:
    Some of those people are posting solely to generate negative reactions. No matter the topic, they will pose themself as antagonists to try to stir the pot. Posting in the sole intent of generating negative reactions is also called "trolling" in forum language, by the way.
    In that case because I support the changes would mean that PA/Kakao is trolling you - they are just trying to stir a pot with intention of generating negative reactions, right?

Wow....
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Personally tired of the p2w QQ. Find another game if this bothers you so much. Personally I think it is being severely overdramatized. You can only sell 5 things per week from the cash shop. All I see are players with no life QQ about people that do not have as much time to play catching up to them with real life money, citing their "hard work" rofl. No, hard work is what I do every day to earn REAL money that I will use to buy things to sell to you with your FAKE money in the game.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Folks, I really feel like as players the majority of us want the same things on a base level. We will disagree on tab targetting vs action combat, amount of skills, payment models, etc. Before all of this we ALL want a level of a fairness. Our differences are when we are able to see when the "bullshit" is coming. Some of us are a bit more skeptical, some of us are much more trustworthy.

I say the above to say, many of us already saw this coming and AVOIDED. This is what happens with the majority of Korean MMORPGS like Black Desert. This is what was done with Archeage. This is what it IS. Companies like Daum and Trion are able to do the things they do because they don't care about reviews. They don't care about player sentiment. They care about metrics. Regardless of what the general feeling is, many of you contradict the simple truths with how you spend your money. Even when you spend a little money "just to see" you have irritated a spreading rash.

The player base has to uniformly stop allowing companies like Trion, Daum, and whoever else from continuously repeating these offenses. It requires self discipline and the ability to say NO and walk away. These companies only double talk and cover up the facts when they are caught red handed. The ban for such a clean conscise and non-offensive post is not surprising. What's surprising is that people are still playing Black Desert. I guess that's what the Unreal Engine integration was for. Shiney.

I likened what publishers and developers do, to dragon sickness. They see the amount of people in their player base, start crunching numbers, and go mad at the amount of money they can potentially make. They ignore all sensibilities of what makes a game a game. They don't care about anything or anybody at this point. They don't want longevity, community, and growth. They want the fast track to their gold, and they will do anything for it.

The only way we stop this is if we take away their gold, and give it to those who will have the game and it's players best interests in mind at all times. They can still make their millions without destroying our virtual get-a-ways with cash shop f%#ckery.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited August 2016
    LacedOpium said:
    The main point of my post was to highlight your desire to paint others as, all of a sudden, haters of the game
    Only one labeling others with "hater" title is you - even in that very same paragraph you are doing that, what an irony.

I think this little part proved my point rather well, the rest of the post follows the same line...
    Nilden said:
    Gdemami said:
    Nilden said:
    I'm sorry but censorship is just trash.
    Whole point of forum moderation(censorship) is to get rid of trash posts, precisely like one linked in OP.
    I do this thing called supporting free speech. He wasn't posting anything illegal and just stated an opinion. It's trash to censor it and you are trash for supporting censorship.
    There is always this one...lol. Dude, spend less time gaming and more time educating yourself. If you think freedom of speech is guaranteed on a gaming forum you might need to pick up a book.
    Phry said:
    Doug_B said:
    Whiner gets banned #good

Anecdotal percentage much?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Viper482 said:
    Personally tired of the p2w QQ. Find another game if this bothers you so much. Personally I think it is being severely overdramatized. You can only sell 5 things per week from the cash shop. All I see are players with no life QQ about people that do not have as much time to play catching up to them with real life money, citing their "hard work" rofl. No, hard work is what I do every day to earn REAL money that I will use to buy things to sell to you with your FAKE money in the game.

if you think for 1 second that it will stop at 5 you are in for a rude awakening .. within 3 months it will be 8 in 6 it will be 10 .. etc...
    Viper482 said:
    Phry said:
    Doug_B said:
    Whiner gets banned #good

Anecdotal percentage much?
    80% of 3% isn't much....