Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert censorship veers into the realm of the absurd

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Of course a forum belongs to the company and they can do what they like.. however..

This is the internet and copies of the thread will be found everywhere else.. what do they actually gain from banning this guy who gave constructive feedback other than losing the trust of the players?
    Harbinger of Fools
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited August 2016
    Dakeru said:
    what do they actually gain from banning this guy who gave constructive feedback other than losing the trust of the players?
    1) His post wasn't constructive. That is why he got banned and thread deleted.
    2) Removing such posts makes the forum cleaner, better to read.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Gdemami said:
    Nilden said:
    I do this thing called supporting free speech. He wasn't posting anything illegal and just stated an opinion. It's trash to censor it and you are trash for supporting censorship.
    "Free speech" is not what you think it is. This is a private company, they set the rules and that is how it should be.

Just because you have an "opinion" does not grant you right to vent it out in any stupid manner that flies your boat anywhere you want.

You want a constructive debate, discuss specific topic without using ambiguous terms, heap of unfounded premises and assumptions presented as facts and equal heap of diatribe.

No one so far was able to present any valid argument why skipping the grind for gear with RL money should be supposed to be a bad thing. None.

Advocating for no-lifers is as valid - it is just a perception, preference, an opinion. The thing is, it does not make much business sense.
    I think what your saying is garbage but I support your right to say it.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Nilden said:
    Your whole point is to provide even more evidence that you are incapable of any reasonable or constructive debate...?

Well done, sir.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Gdemami said:
    1) His post wasn't constructive. That is why he got banned and thread deleted.

Now that is a very subjective view.
    Harbinger of Fools
    edited August 2016
    Dakeru said:
    Now that is a very subjective view.
    In general, moderation is to an extent subjective for sure, in this case tho, definitely not.

Like I said before:

You want a constructive debate, discuss specific topic without using ambiguous terms, heap of unfounded premises and assumptions presented as facts and equal heap of diatribe.

And the post was just that.

Starting the debate with "P2W" immediately disqualify your post as constructive.

Gdemami said:
    Nilden said:
    Your whole point is to provide even more evidence that you are incapable of any reasonable or constructive debate...?

Well done, sir.

We are not going to have a debate. You support censorship, I don't. I figured anyone reading what you typed was able to identify the garbage as well.

There is no debate on this for me. Censorship is trash.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    At this point Kakao should shut down BDO. They should only focus on their mobile game market in NA/EU. NA/Eu gamers obviously don't want to play the game the way pearl abyss developed it and kakao has been monetizing it in 3 different region. It is always in NA/EU that shit hits the fan for slightest of things. Eastern developers need to realize that NA/EU is a place for them to get trashed talked about their game, not have players play their games.
    So because players in EU/NA won't put up with the kind of antics that other regions do, thats the players fault?
    And while we're on the subject of different regions and how they behave, aren't the RU servers rife with hackers, and like the Kr ones hugely P2W? When you compare servers it was very clear that the NA/EU servers were so much better in all respects.
    Its perhaps no surprise then, that the Hate the game garnered initially due to its anti-p2w and anti-rmt measures, which btw Jester you protested against fairly heavily, and were in no small part the reason why the game has been such a huge success here in the West, and are the very things that you are now saying Western players have no right to complain about when a game switches direction to become just like all the other P2W games, well at least you are consistent. O.o
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Who cares really?  Why would anyone want to play this hackers paradise trash?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Hope they ban those who are ruining the game with their guild flag " stop p2w"

Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited August 2016
    Phry said:
    At this point Kakao should shut down BDO. They should only focus on their mobile game market in NA/EU. NA/Eu gamers obviously don't want to play the game the way pearl abyss developed it and kakao has been monetizing it in 3 different region. It is always in NA/EU that shit hits the fan for slightest of things. Eastern developers need to realize that NA/EU is a place for them to get trashed talked about their game, not have players play their games.
    So because players in EU/NA won't put up with the kind of antics that other regions do, thats the players fault?
    And while we're on the subject of different regions and how they behave, aren't the RU servers rife with hackers, and like the Kr ones hugely P2W? When you compare servers it was very clear that the NA/EU servers were so much better in all respects.
    Its perhaps no surprise then, that the Hate the game garnered initially due to its anti-p2w and anti-rmt measures, which btw Jester you protested against fairly heavily, and were in no small part the reason why the game has been such a huge success here in the West, and are the very things that you are now saying Western players have no right to complain about when a game switches direction to become just like all the other P2W games, well at least you are consistent. O.o
    You people clearly enjoy putting up with antics EA or bethesda pull, so why is it so wrong for eastern companies to pull similar antics?

RU server is as much rIfe with hackers as NA/EU version. And about KR pay2win, it is as much pay2win as your mind tells you it is, which is every time you guys see a eastern developer allowing RMT, you guys are always mum about western developers doing it though. And if NA/EU version was better or not depends on players, NA/EU version is simply a communism simulation, while in other regions it is actually a proper mmorpg; a virtual world where player to player interaction and trading is more important than singing "it is about me..me...me and me...me... me... me.. and me.. i never have to deal with another player cause it is about me ..me ..me and me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand mmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"...

Trying stop RMT by stopping player to player trading is bullshit, plain and simple and people who support this should stop playing mmo and play single player games. And i will always speak against any company who decide to pull this bullshit. If you want to battle RMT, have a dedicated team to handle it instead of disabling key features of mmo.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

edited August 2016
    Phry said:
    Doug_B said:
    Whiner gets banned #good
    80% of games population leaves #good ?

SOE kind of made gaming history with SWG that way, be sad to see this repeated.
    The players make the stigma, not the game publisher. IF you wan't to poison others good time, be my guest, but remember this, the players kill the communities, and it is irreversible once a community is destroyed. Banned non-factors  whining and pretending it will impact them in any way is asinine when only 1% of the top tier pvp will be effected.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    edited August 2016
    Asm0deus said:
    Who cares really?  Why would anyone want to play this hackers paradise trash?
    Someone is about 2 months behind.

Well PA is not going to make more money from pulling this crap...that is pretty much guaranteed.  They will never see another cent from myself and many others.  Good luck to them milking the remaining few players.  It is a shame as the game was remarkable and a breath of fresh air in a stagnant genre.
    edited August 2016
    Mardukk said:

Well PA is not going to make more money from pulling this crap...that is pretty much guaranteed.  They will never see another cent from myself and many others.  Good luck to them milking the remaining few players.  It is a shame as the game was remarkable and a breath of fresh air in a stagnant genre.
    This is funny.

If you believe that these changes will not provide any significant revenue - people won't spent more money in cash shop, why do you even care about change that will have little to no effect?
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Doug_B said:
    Phry said:
    Doug_B said:
    Whiner gets banned #good

The players make the stigma, not the game publisher. IF you wan't to poison others good time, be my guest, but remember this, the players kill the communities, and it is irreversible once a community is destroyed. Banned non-factors  whining and pretending it will impact them in any way is asinine when only 1% of the top tier pvp will be effected.

Not sure where you got the 1% from.
    But when games go P2W, it doesn't affect just the 1% it affects everyone, hence the protests in game.
    When SOE made their own historic decisions about SWG's future, it didn't affect just the top 1%, it affected everyone, its history, and in SWG's case the lesson was you don't change the game on people, though you could also say that the lesson should be, listen to your playerbase, if they are unanimously against the planned changes, then ignoring them is probably not a good idea.

I really hope that Daum don't learn this lesson again the hard way, because it would once again mean that a game that i have enjoyed will be ruined, and i am not even a PVP'er.

Gdemami said:
    Mardukk said:

This is funny.

If you believe that these changes will not provide any significant revenue - people won't spent more money in cash shop, why do you even care about change that will have little to no effect?
    People protesting with anti-P2W signs threatening to leave in droves is little to no effect? Hell the threads on this forum show how far reaching the effect is and it could set more of an anti-P2W precedent.

Phry said:
    Doug_B said:
    Phry said:
    Doug_B said:
    Whiner gets banned #good

Not sure where you got the 1% from.
    But when games go P2W, it doesn't affect just the 1% it affects everyone, hence the protests in game.
    When SOE made their own historic decisions about SWG's future, it didn't affect just the top 1%, it affected everyone, its history, and in SWG's case the lesson was you don't change the game on people, though you could also say that the lesson should be, listen to your playerbase, if they are unanimously against the planned changes, then ignoring them is probably not a good idea.

I really hope that Daum don't learn this lesson again the hard way, because it would once again mean that a game that i have enjoyed will be ruined, and i am not even a PVP'er.

O I see, so it allows for more players to compete at higher pvp tiers. O noes the horror of relying on gear.....
    edited August 2016
    Nilden said:
    People protesting with anti-P2W signs threatening to leave in droves is little to no effect? Hell the threads on this forum show how far reaching the effect is and it could set more of an anti-P2W precedent.
    Forums represent just a fraction of the game population. Good old vocal minorities.

People do not have an issue with cash shop items being traded for ingame money, plenty of games are doing it. Proof is in the pudding...
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Easy, stop playing such crap P2W games, no matter how pretty they look, they are still grindy P2W crap...
    If they do not make money they will change their business model...but the way people keep paying thousands of dollars for instawin items they will keep pushing these crap games.
    Archage? Best game of 2015! remember the hype?

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    edited August 2016
    cagan said:
    Easy, stop playing such crap P2W games, no matter how pretty they look, they are still grindy P2W crap...
    If they do not make money they will change their business model...but the way people keep paying thousands of dollars for instawin items they will keep pushing these crap games.

Well both BDO and Archeage are better games than the linear quest hub trash we have been fed from the western devs in the last 10 years.  Obviously, they are both now ruined due to the monetization models.

Edit:  I don't know why people keep blaming the daum/kokowhatever.  Their little statement clearly places all the blame on PA, which makes sense.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Lleith said:
    https://bdomaths.wordpress.com/2016/08/06/the-end-of-a-short-journey/

The guy was banned for posting that. Controversial? Sure - but certainly not anywhere near the most vitriolic thing that BDO's forums have seen in the past 48 hours. But the ban hammer came down nonetheless: thread deleted, user bludgeoned into silence.

Honestly, as an MMORPG company, you couldn't draw up a battleplan to sink your own stock and trade faster than what Daum/Kakao (or however the hell it's spelled) are doing. It's absolutely amazing how out-of-touch they are, and even more bizarre that they believe that in the most tech-savvy era in human history that word of their shenanigans wouldn't IMMEDIATELY get out and be poured like gasoline back onto the fire brewing in their backyard.

Now every 3rd post is quoting that deleted thread! There's nothing like successful censorship!
    I'm betting it's not as much Kakaopuffs or whoever they are today. I bet it's PA who thinks......"It works here, so........."
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    cagan said:

You are linking kooncoon, one of the biggest pay2win trash in AA history. He spend massive amount of cash in both KR and NA AA, he got his gears by spending the gold he got from RMT and then he died in PvP he screamed "PAY2WIN!!", he was in ollo server in NA, back when average player had 3.5K gs he got 6K gs in a month after creating toon in server but he got fucked and left crying "PAY2WIN". He is the last person in the universe you should quote when it comes to talking about pay2win.

And AA is not ruined because of pay2win, AA has more players playing than Trion's all the other games combined. The best guild in NA/EU don't even spend money in the game. They make 1 million gold per month with team effort and get everything they need just by playing as a guild. They are now on the way to rule multiple servers at the same time.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    So you see why we're posting here instead of on the Black Desert forums.

Game web sites exist to put their game in the best possible light and get people to buy it.  Some game companies are more willing to extend that to official forums than others.  When they take it too far, the solution is to stay away from their forums.  That's what sites like this one are for.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Phry said:
    Doug_B said:
    Whiner gets banned #good

What is it with you and this manufactured hyperbole? Earlier it was "nobody wants the upcoming changes" and now 80% of the game's population is going to leave?

You have a broken crystal ball and you need to look up the definition of "nobody".

I get you don't like the game developer but you don't have to spew pseudo-facts to justify your hate. Just say you hate them.

edited August 2016
    Quizzical said:
    So you see why we're posting here instead of on the Black Desert forums.

Game web sites exist to put their game in the best possible light and get people to buy it.  Some game companies are more willing to extend that to official forums than others.  When they take it too far, the solution is to stay away from their forums.  That's what sites like this one are for.
    More sensibly, official sites do not care about traffic thus they can afford much heavier moderation.....