Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heard the game has improved a lot found out for myself. read for more info

darnapkindarnapkin Member UncommonPosts: 146
I was told when asking for LFgame that ESO has improved a lot, well I started to play and I'm really enjoying this game. From doing some research it seems the devs are pouring a lot of love in the game with a lot of great dlc which is free if you sub.

I asked on many forums for a good guild, I did my research and would like to do a shout out to 

http://www.remnantsofhope.com/

If you are looking for a new game and looking for a guild to start with may I suggest this guild, very user friendly, very mature with a sense of humor, and offer multi gaming guilds.

Always trying to help gamers find a new game and a new home, so if I can help you please let me know, because I'm happy right now after a long dry spell.

Comments

• MareliusMarelius Member UncommonPosts: 130
    It does seem like the update 11 patch has helped a lot with lag. Took them 2 years but seems like they are finally getting it right! Not sure about Xbox One they were having major issues. But PC running lot better.
    Sometimes it's not always about what you can see or hear but what's under the hood of a game that's most impressive. Between those thousands and thousands of lines of code, magic happens. Sometimes the most amazing feats of gaming wizardry happen without you even noticing.

Rob Manuel

• darnapkindarnapkin Member UncommonPosts: 146
    yes, I'm really having a good time with the game, just wanted people to know :)
  • WyrdsoulWyrdsoul Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I keep coming back to ESO and every time it draws me in. I've not touched the main quest much, there's just so many great side quests goin on. The game has everything that I love, quests that have a storyline and classes that keep on giving.
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    ESO is the best MMORPG by far!!   It has gotten where everybody is going to Cryodiil at level 10 for the pvp and joining the non-vet campaign (under level 50).  It has become a big bummer when you hit 50 and have to leave because the pvp big groups are SO fun!  Many people delete and re-roll at 50 to just keep doing the Blackwater Blade (non-vet) Campaign over and over.  Detailing and customizing your personal spec (attributes and skills) is great.  NOBODY is exactly like anybody else and it is fun to come up with weird hybrids.  I am currently doing a Magika Nightblade (rogue) that is kinda like an Affliction Lock (warlock) from WoW... I just spread my STDs all over the place and peepz die.   I call my build:  Blow Is Just An Expression For Siphon Job (you will get it if you roll a NightBlade).  Crafting in ESO is awesome!  The gear you craft from level 1 to level 50 really means something and it is the best gear in the game.  You can craft customized sets once you find the Armor Set locations... a blast!!    My advice - as soon as you get in game join the different game Guilds (for quests)... Make sure you join the Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Thieves Guild, Undaunted Guild as early as you can... especially the Mages Guild so that you get credit for those Lore Books you find.  Undaunted is good for the first Dungeon quest.   ESO is the best EVER!!

SaunZ
    :)
    glad so many people are enjoying it :)
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    I love everything about this game except the combat. Real bummer.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98
    skeaser said:
    I love everything about this game except the combat. Real bummer.
    I thought this at first, but I found it really depends on the weapons you use.

I traditionally go heavy armour, and the weapons that usually go with that: two hander or sword and board.  However, I really didn't like how they felt in ESO.

So I tried out dual wield, and now I have a dual wielding Dragon Knight who runs around the battlefield skewering people. It feels great, and is a ton of fun.

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Hmm been looking for new game myself, I played ESO for a few weeks at release and did not care for it. Read this and now downloading it for a retry. I plan on deleting all my old characters and restarting from scratch.  Will play a toon ot two up to lvl 25 or so just to see

I miss DAoC

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    Some bastards posted screens how servers are empty how there is no one to play .....well I returned to ESO recently Servers are full Maps cities every where people questing from low low lvl to mid lvl there are lot of people.
    And yes game got better and classes got better last time I quit because they killed sorc now it fine
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    It got better since launch but it still feels like a console port on PC.
    I'm a low level, and there a tons, and I mean tons of people running around with me.  All the cities are fun, and the banks are crazy full!
    oh and again, if you need help, or just looking for some friendly mature players. might I suggest, http://www.remnantsofhope.com/ 

I'm very happy to find a home with these guys
  • Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    I've been enjoying it for the most part since coming back on the PS4. World population is high, see all kinds of players running around. It will hold me over til Crowfall or Albion :) 
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    The only thing keeping this game from being my go to game is the fact that the archery is more like shooting  a gun then using a bow.  The only time you get to actually pull and hold your blow aim and shoot ( like Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim ) is for WHITE damage.  Otherwise your your just pushing a button and your bow is automatically drawing and releasing for you.  I cant deal with it.  Its not archery, its a staff or a gun that looks like a bow.

Also being a pure archer is no longer viable, which is the play style I want to play.  I want to draw a bow hold and shoot even if its a special skill, I want to have total control over my bow like in real life.

So really your forced to use daggers or swords or a staff most of the time to be competitive at PvP, and just mix in a bow whenever possible which isn't very often.  The only time you can use a bow full time in PvP is if no one notices you, then you can just stand back out of the way and do white damage or shoot your laser arrows.
  • Arcane4176Arcane4176 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Games fun if you enjoy single player games due to the lfg finder being worthless or not working since launch and still worthless and not working.Then micro-managing 5 guilds at once because they don't know how to make a proper auction house. So highest bidder wins making the biggest guilds bigger and the smaller guilds smaller. Want to sell your stuff on the auction house, awesome just pay that guild you are in to be able to sell otherwise they wont let you. Other than that game was awesome but those were game breakers for me. 
  • Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    darnapkin said:
    I was told when asking for LFgame that ESO has improved a lot, well I started to play and I'm really enjoying this game. From doing some research it seems the devs are pouring a lot of love in the game with a lot of great dlc which is free if you sub.

I asked on many forums for a good guild, I did my research and would like to do a shout out to 

If you are looking for a new game and looking for a guild to start with may I suggest this guild, very user friendly, very mature with a sense of humor, and offer multi gaming guilds.

Always trying to help gamers find a new game and a new home, so if I can help you please let me know, because I'm happy right now after a long dry spell.
    Also resubbed recently to give the game another try.  Random freezes ( none of the work arounds work ) which were first reported in beta still not fixed.  Long load screens, anything from 30 seconds to 5 minutes, also first reported in beta, fixed at the time but now broken again.  Forums full of posts about both issues which do not affect everyone but do affect a significant portion of players.  Last freeze completely broke the game, can no longer login.  Cancelled sub and thrown game where it belongs, in the bin.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Stuka1000 said:
    darnapkin said:

Also resubbed recently to give the game another try.  Random freezes ( none of the work arounds work ) which were first reported in beta still not fixed.  Long load screens, anything from 30 seconds to 5 minutes, also first reported in beta, fixed at the time but now broken again.  Forums full of posts about both issues which do not affect everyone but do affect a significant portion of players.  Last freeze completely broke the game, can no longer login.  Cancelled sub and thrown game where it belongs, in the bin.
    I have never had any of those problems. /shrug. Load times are fine and zero freezes. Sounds fishy to me.

For the past couple days there has been folks not able to log in though.
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    edited August 2016
    Some bastards posted screens how servers are empty how there is no one to play .....well I returned to ESO recently Servers are full Maps cities every where people questing from low low lvl to mid lvl there are lot of people.
    And yes game got better and classes got better last time I quit because they killed sorc now it fine

I can vouch for the fact that the server is very populated in the starter area at least. I am really surprised that a 2 year old game has this many new people at low level. Population at low level certainly is not an issue

I did not care much for this game at release but decided to give it another go last weekend. It had been so long since I played the first thing I did was roll a new Sorcerer since that was my main at release. Only lvl 6 but so far I am enjoying him. I have not yet began to craft, but will look into that today. I  am enjoying it enough to where I subbed for a month which is more than I did at release. 

I miss DAoC

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    SlyLoK said:
    Stuka1000 said:
    darnapkin said:

I have never had any of those problems. /shrug. Load times are fine and zero freezes. Sounds fishy to me.

For the past couple days there has been folks not able to log in though.
    Don't take my word for it, head over to the Zos tech support boards where there are many posts about the problems.  Either that or simply google eso freeze ( you will get some reports from years ago with that as well as the recent ones )
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Every expansion comes with bugs and problems.  The game is fun but I've never seen a game that breaks like clockwork after an expansion.  Some people were just complaining about long load times being back.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MareliusMarelius Member UncommonPosts: 130
    Yeah the game was running great there then boom patch and majority of problems are back. Going to be interesting what the patch tomorrow brings. I really hope they get it back to where it was a couple weeks ago. I understand bugs are hard to find and fix yet they keep bring new DLC's out that don't fix but bring new and old bugs back that are even worse.

I wish they would take a month off on adding new stuff and just concentrate on the bugs there now. Going through millions of code is hard I get it, but why add new things without at least making the attempt to fix old bugs. 
    Sometimes it's not always about what you can see or hear but what's under the hood of a game that's most impressive. Between those thousands and thousands of lines of code, magic happens. Sometimes the most amazing feats of gaming wizardry happen without you even noticing.

Rob Manuel