Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert censorship veers into the realm of the absurd

LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
edited August 2016 in Black Desert Online
https://bdomaths.wordpress.com/2016/08/06/the-end-of-a-short-journey/

The guy was banned for posting that. Controversial? Sure - but certainly not anywhere near the most vitriolic thing that BDO's forums have seen in the past 48 hours. But the ban hammer came down nonetheless: thread deleted, user bludgeoned into silence.

Honestly, as an MMORPG company, you couldn't draw up a battleplan to sink your own stock and trade faster than what Daum/Kakao (or however the hell it's spelled) are doing. It's absolutely amazing how out-of-touch they are, and even more bizarre that they believe that in the most tech-savvy era in human history that word of their shenanigans wouldn't IMMEDIATELY get out and be poured like gasoline back onto the fire brewing in their backyard.

Now every 3rd post is quoting that deleted thread! There's nothing like successful censorship!

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited August 2016
    I applaud Kakao for heavy handed moderation, only way to have constructive dialogue/feedback.

Well deserved ban.
  • AgnharAgnhar Member UncommonPosts: 108
    This is so shady! Its like one of those women who use way to much make up.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Lleith said:

The guy was banned for posting that. Controversial? Sure - but certainly not anywhere near the most vitriolic thing that BDO's forums have seen in the past 48 hours. But the ban hammer came down nonetheless: thread deleted, user bludgeoned into silence.

Honestly, as an MMORPG company, you couldn't draw up a battleplan to sink your own stock and trade faster than what Daum/Kakao (or however the hell it's spelled) are doing. It's absolutely amazing how out-of-touch they are, and even more bizarre that they believe that in the most tech-savvy era in human history that word of their shenanigans wouldn't IMMEDIATELY get out and be poured like gasoline back onto the fire brewing in their backyard.

Now every 3rd post is quoting that deleted thread! There's nothing like successful censorship!
    I don't get the outcry, almost all mmo forums do this.

Square enix are among the worst, they ban people for all kinds of nonsense.  Far less than this.
  • LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
    scorpex-x said:
    Lleith said:

Square enix are among the worst, they ban people for all kinds of nonsense.  Far less than this.
    Tyrants don't become tyrants without people allowing them to do so.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2016
    Pretty much anything that can cost the business money will be removed, SE included.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&la=1&tag=forum

most forum rules of any official forum have similar formats.

I'll say it again...BDO best >>> F2P <<< 2017
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    scorpex-x said:
    Lleith said:

Seriously, we get you hate Square Enix, this is however all about a different company.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i dont get these companies tho.. people gonna post their situations somewhere else..

So whats the point?
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Phry said:
    scorpex-x said:
    Lleith said:

Seriously, we get you hate Square Enix, this is however all about a different company.
    He's just giving an example. He could've just as easily pointed at NCSoft or the numerous other companies. The OP is trying to vilify Daum/Kakao to support his views, @scorpex-x was just pointing out it isn't nearly as outrageous as what the guy is trying to sell us with this thread.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

The banned post was well written, and i can easily imagine that a lot of people who play BDO think the same way, at least in regards to the 'promise' that was made when BDO first released here.
    When i looked at the map in BDO yesterday evening, there was one consistent theme, from all the different node points that had been captured by various guilds, they had all changed their 'flag' to one that had a simple symbol, P2W in a red circle with a line through it, nobody in BDO wants the upcoming P2W changes, when you couple that with the protests on the forums, then Daum needs to really take notice, and rather concentrate on censorship, they should be considering ways in which a compromise can be reached.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Another poster claiming they speak for the community and the community as a whole dislike the games changes.

The thread received universal support, with the popular post badge being awarded soon after posting.

It got 50 likes.

Brilliant post for all the wrong reasons.

edited August 2016
    Lleith said:
    Tyrants don't become tyrants without people allowing them to do so.
    And the poster was banned. "Tyrants" of vocal minorities is what you talk about, right..?
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Gdemami said:
    I applaud Kakao for heavy handed moderation, only way to have constructive dialogue/feedback.

Well deserved ban.
    You should cosplay as Oscar the Grouch.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

immodium said:
    Another poster claiming they speak for the community and the community as a whole dislike the games changes.

The thread received universal support, with the popular post badge being awarded soon after posting.

It got 50 likes.

Brilliant post for all the wrong reasons.

It was well written, and i think the points raised about a companies reputation were pointed, although i don't necessarily agree with his examples used, but there is one thing that is clear, P2W games don't do that well here in the West, and reputations gained can be lost in moments when companies make bad choices, the history of MMO gaming is littered with such examples.

Brilliant post, certainly, for the wrong reasons, well that depends on which side of the fence you are, for Daum, i can imagine they are very uncomfortable reasons.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I can see no reason to censor that. Stupid decision. Pity liked the game but if this goes thorough and the game becomes a ghost town I am out. In spite of the fact that I play this game for PvE there is not much fun if the game dies quietly around me.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Whiner gets banned #good
    Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
    It's really sad to see a game where the developers put so much love in ruined by the greedy tie wearers.
    Because the development and art teams could not have created that beautiful world without love and passion for their job.
    Totally agree the world is truly beautiful and it is being ruined by greed. They could have made decent money but this short term greed for profits will kill it.

I do not regret the enormous amount of time I put into the game because I loved it. I enjoyed myself and I will bid it a fond farewell but I am not interested in playing a game that no longer has wagons rushing about and horses prancing along belonging to real players. if the population does drop and it will I will also leave.
    Chamber of Chains
    Doug_B said:
    Whiner gets banned #good
    I'm sorry but censorship is just trash.

Doug_B said:
    Whiner gets banned #good
    80% of games population leaves #good ?

SOE kind of made gaming history with SWG that way, be sad to see this repeated.
    Nilden said:
    Whole point of forum moderation(censorship) is to get rid of trash posts, precisely like one linked in OP.
    Gdemami said:
    Nilden said:
    Whole point of forum moderation(censorship) is to get rid of trash posts, precisely like one linked in OP.
    The post in the OP is far from trash but what you often post seems to qualify though.
    Chamber of Chains
    Nilden said:
    You should cosplay as Oscar the Grouch.
    You are the one defending trash posting...go figure.
    Gdemami said:
    Nilden said:
    I do this thing called supporting free speech. He wasn't posting anything illegal and just stated an opinion. It's trash to censor it and you are trash for supporting censorship.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    At this point Kakao should shut down BDO. They should only focus on their mobile game market in NA/EU. NA/Eu gamers obviously don't want to play the game the way pearl abyss developed it and kakao has been monetizing it in 3 different region. It is always in NA/EU that shit hits the fan for slightest of things. Eastern developers need to realize that NA/EU is a place for them to get trashed talked about their game, not have players play their games.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

edited August 2016
    Nilden said:
    I do this thing called supporting free speech. He wasn't posting anything illegal and just stated an opinion. It's trash to censor it and you are trash for supporting censorship.
    "Free speech" is not what you think it is. This is a private company, they set the rules and that is how it should be.

Just because you have an "opinion" does not grant you right to vent it out in any stupid manner that flies your boat anywhere you want.

You want a constructive debate, discuss specific topic without using ambiguous terms, heap of unfounded premises and assumptions presented as facts and equal heap of diatribe.

No one so far was able to present any valid argument why skipping the grind for gear with RL money should be supposed to be a bad thing. None.

Advocating for no-lifers is as valid - it is just a perception, preference, an opinion. The thing is, it does not make much business sense.
    cheyane said:
    The post in the OP is far from trash but what you often post seems to qualify though.
    The moment you start using ambiguous terms such as "P2W or in this even use it as an argument, your post become inheritedly trash.