Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your top 5 upcoming MMOs?

DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
edited August 2016 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
So i wondered what your top 5 upcoming MMOs are, in which you are most interested / see the most potential.

My top 5 are:

1. Star Citizen
2. Crowfall
3. Lineage Eternal / Lost Ark
4. Chronicles of Elyria
5. Bless

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Post edited by Daikuru on

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    I can't even come up with one, let alone five.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Game                                      Interest level

Pantheon                                Very High
    Bless                                      Medium
    Vampyr                                   Medium
    Dark and Light                        Modest
    No man's Sky                         A little

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Dibdabs said:
    Thats kinda sad. :D
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    1. Camelot Unchained

Only MMO I'm following properly. Bit dubious about small budget, but feature list seems to match my desires and company philosophy matches my own so I'm hopeful. 

2. Chronicles of Elyria

I heard great things about Chronicles of Spellborn's combat system but I missed out. On paper, CoE seems great, I'm just not particularly excited about the game world itself and it does seem like they are being very ambitious in their list of features. 

3. Crowfall

Low expectations of this game so not following it much and am unlikely to play it, but will re-evaluate closer to launch to see if it might be something I wanna play. 

No other MMOs have caught my eye. A lot of the upcoming smaller MMOs have great features listed but the IPs seem very generic and I'm dubious about their ability to achieve their goals. However, as they're so far away from release I'll just wait and see what they're like closer to release. 
  • Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510
    1. Pantheon
    2. Chronicles of Elyria
    3. Dark and Light (reborn)
    4. Shards Online
    5. Star Citizen
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    I would say that I don't have a top 5. Just Pantheon and now dark and light.

If Dragon's Dogma online ever came to the West then I would add that. Otherwise, there's not much else.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Dibdabs said:
    I was about to post something similar. Haha.  I'll give it a try though.

Crowfall.
    Chronicles of Elyria.
    Camelot Unchained.

Those are probably the only three i'm slightly interested in.  I don't follow upcoming mmo releases like i used to though.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    observer said:
    Dibdabs said:
    I was about to post something similar. Haha.  I'll give it a try though.

Crowfall.
    Chronicles of Elyria.
    Camelot Unchained.

Those are probably the only three i'm slightly interested in.  I don't follow upcoming mmo releases like i used to though.
    That's pretty much my thought and list as well.  Minus Chronicles of Elyria.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Chronicles of Elyria.
    Pantheon                                
    Bless                                      
    Dark and Light                           
    Shards Online
    Saga of Lucimia

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    1. Pantheon
    2. Chronicles of Elyria
    4. Shards Online
    5. Star Citizen
    Dark and Light is on my 5+ list, but there is to less info to make it in my top 5.

1. Camelot Unchained

Only MMO I'm following properly. Bit dubious about small budget, but feature list seems to match my desires and company philosophy matches my own so I'm hopeful. 

2. Chronicles of Elyria

I heard great things about Chronicles of Spellborn's combat system but I missed out. On paper, CoE seems great, I'm just not particularly excited about the game world itself and it does seem like they are being very ambitious in their list of features. 

3. Crowfall

Low expectations of this game so not following it much and am unlikely to play it, but will re-evaluate closer to launch to see if it might be something I wanna play. 

No other MMOs have caught my eye. A lot of the upcoming smaller MMOs have great features listed but the IPs seem very generic and I'm dubious about their ability to achieve their goals. However, as they're so far away from release I'll just wait and see what they're like closer to release. 
    I wonder why people arent more interested in Crowfall, for me its looks very interesting and it looks already very good, smooth gameplay and nice graphic / art style.

- Albert Einstein

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    My interest is based on quality and quality usually is followed with high budget, but not always. As far as I know in terms of budget and quality of all what's coming Star Citizen is the only game I can be hyped about coming with 125+ mil budget.

• Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Camelot Unchained
    Repopulation
    Pantheon
    Citadel of Sorcery
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Long time i dont have big expectation about upcoming mmos, however i keep a eye on them special close to release date. I dont like follow paper projects, neither alpha and beta stages, only care about release versions.

- The only one i keep checking from time to time and is far away from released is Camelot Unchained, but is still "wait and see".

- Other i keep myself a little informed is BDO after watching some video about the future naval combat, maybe i jump in when released.

For now im happy playing the current one and dont see nothing real special on horizont, i may change my mind at any moment tho  B) 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Age Of Wushu 2
    Dark And Light
    Revelation
    Bless
    Chronicles of Elyria

• Gamer54321Gamer54321 Member UncommonPosts: 452
    edited August 2016
    1 Underfunded, the sequel
    2 Retro, Forever
    3 Tech demo 2017
    4 Unoriginal, the reboot
    5 Half assed, the reckoning

Honorable mentions:
    Cashgrab
    Indy game, the MMO
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Citadel of Sorcery
    There's a name that pops up every 6 months or so, they still working on this?  Been so long in coming I would have thought they had all wandered away by now.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Sovrath said:
    I would say that I don't have a top 5. Just Pantheon and now dark and light.

If Dragon's Dogma online ever came to the West then I would add that. Otherwise, there's not much else.
    Same two for me. May try BDO but that game has been such a roller coaster I have been waiting for it to settle down. Does not seem to know what kinda game it wants to be. I may drop $100 on Pantheon and support my first crowd funded game. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Nothing that's coming out soon.  Maybe in a year or three.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Pantheon first followed by Shards... I guess I will check out CU, Lineage: Eternal and maybe Crowfall but I just list them because you wanted 5 games, I don't have much hope for them but it would be nice if I were wrong.

I backing Pantheon with $100, it is the only crowdfunding I ever done. It has way higher potential for me then the others, even if some parts of Shards seems really cool.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Dibdabs said:
    I am with you...

WoW legion, would be my next goal, just to have something at my hands

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Dibdabs said:
    I am with you...

WoW legion, would be my next goal, just to have something at my hands
    Agreed.  It's kind of sad that an expansion, for a 12 year old mmo, is the only thing i'm looking forward to in this genre now.  
  • ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited August 2016
    1. The Repopulation

idk I feel like star citizen being an mmo is debateable but thats not the point, the 2nd one I guess is...

2. Star Citizen

cant come up with anymore than that.
    Post edited by ApexTKM on
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • SenyunSenyun Member UncommonPosts: 51
    edited August 2016
    Pay attention to all, but following none really. Never know what a game will fully be like until its actually released, but willing to give every game a shot if it looks interesting enough.

I would have to say though I enjoy mmos, not a single 1 has ever been something I loved, as what I am looking for really has not been made. So we shall see what the future holds.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Daikuru said:
    1. Pantheon
    2. Chronicles of Elyria
    4. Shards Online
    5. Star Citizen
    Dark and Light is on my 5+ list, but there is to less info to make it in my top 5.

1. Camelot Unchained

2. Chronicles of Elyria

3. Crowfall

I wonder why people arent more interested in Crowfall, for me its looks very interesting and it looks already very good, smooth gameplay and nice graphic / art style.
    For me personally, there are a few main things putting me off Crowfall.

1) Action Combat

This really is the biggest thing for me. I hate action combat. Action combat games lack depth, which means I'll get bored within a short amount of time. Its not that I can't keep up, I still have the reflexes and still do well in all action combat games I play, I just find them dull. 

2) Art Style

Just can't get behind it. Seem to be a mix of asian influences, medieval fantasy and some greek mythology, all with a cartoony finish. The cartoon finish pretty much excludes me from being able to connect to the game (im 30, not 12)

3) Persistent World

This is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, I love the idea that campaigns are limited in duration so that we aren't fighting over the same 2 or 3 spots for years on end. On the other hand, I like virtual worlds where I can make an impact. Crowfall seems like we'll be spending our time in instanced campaigns, followed by returning to instanced kingdoms. It doesn't sounds like there is anywhere to go and explore. There will be no equivalent of the shire or Rivendell, no Coruscant or Tattooine - just player made kingdoms and short term campaigns. This means there is nothing to get attached to, nothing to add meaning to the endless combat. 

Crowfall does have a lot of great features and I'm sure it'll be fun, but the way they've set it up it really seems aimed at short term fun. The only system in place that looks like long-term objectives is the eternal kingdoms but it sounds like this is mainly focused on crafters and giving guilds the ability to build a castle together.