Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

class changes put me off buying legion :(

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    rush1984 said:
    Why do people keep saying that people hate blizzard because they don't like what they have done to wow?

i don't hate blizzard that's just stupid no brain response , I love most their games and they gave me one-off the best gaming experiences I've ever had (vanilla -wotlk) I just don't like how they have progressed with wow , doesn't mean I hate blizzard .

they will make legacy servers soon im99% sure on that another reason to LOVE blizzard
    I've been playing WoW now for over a decade, it was always one of those games you could drop into and have fun, just, not anymore, i often switch between Hunter (Beast), Warlock (affliction), Mage (Arcane) and Paladin (Protection) with a Priest i use for dungeon runs, as i tend to play Healer in groups. So far, both Hunter and Mage are, to put it mildly, borked, they just are not fun to play anymore, the Paladin is borderline okay, but, i just couldn't be bothered to log in again to try either the Warlock or the Priest, the changes were just too extreme, they aren't fun anymore.
    As a long time player all i can think of, is that WoW is no longer a game i can play, honestly, didn't see that coming.
    Please don't try to label me as a Blizzard/WoW hater, i've never been one.
    But the changes are too much like what SOE did to SWG, i don't see any good coming of it. :(
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Phry said:
    rush1984 said:
    Why do people keep saying that people hate blizzard because they don't like what they have done to wow?

i don't hate blizzard that's just stupid no brain response , I love most their games and they gave me one-off the best gaming experiences I've ever had (vanilla -wotlk) I just don't like how they have progressed with wow , doesn't mean I hate blizzard .

they will make legacy servers soon im99% sure on that another reason to LOVE blizzard
    I've been playing WoW now for over a decade, it was always one of those games you could drop into and have fun, just, not anymore, i often switch between Hunter (Beast), Warlock (affliction), Mage (Arcane) and Paladin (Protection) with a Priest i use for dungeon runs, as i tend to play Healer in groups. So far, both Hunter and Mage are, to put it mildly, borked, they just are not fun to play anymore, the Paladin is borderline okay, but, i just couldn't be bothered to log in again to try either the Warlock or the Priest, the changes were just too extreme, they aren't fun anymore.
    As a long time player all i can think of, is that WoW is no longer a game i can play, honestly, didn't see that coming.
    Please don't try to label me as a Blizzard/WoW hater, i've never been one.
    But the changes are too much like what SOE did to SWG, i don't see any good coming of it. :(
    Agreed.
    WoW is just not the game I once loved anymore. It's a completely different game now. And not for the better.
  • Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    I've played MMO's since the 1990's, I played wow alot thru wotlk and very off and sometimes on since then.  I think the changes in Legion have been fun.  I think they have made each spec / class actually feel like it's own thing that hasn't happened since vanilla.  Sure you have to relearn some of the classes, and it definitely needs the artifact weapon system to shine but every single pre-patch to an expansion has done this same thing and people have been able to figure it out. 

I actually think wow is better today than it was in Vanilla, I was a vanilla raider played the heck out of it and I think tthat a lot of people who look back on Vanilla only see the good while forgetting a lot of the bad.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    The changes are great. People don t like change. Instead of adapting, they would rather come to a forum and moan about it.
  • SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    A few older MMORPGs have experienced sweeping class changes a few times throughout their lifespan, but WoW does this literally every expansion.  I've never been a huge fan.

You pick up and play a class during one expansion but it might end up on the wrong end of Blizzard's nerf bat and be complete garbage the next time an expansion is released.  
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Soki123 said:
    The changes are great. People don t like change. Instead of adapting, they would rather come to a forum and moan about it.
    Adapt to a game I no longer enjoy? Yeah, I adapted. It's called canceling my sub.
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    edited August 2016
    I adapted and continue to play WoW. My fave game of all time. And I have been playing since beta. I adapt every expansion, thats just the way it is...
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    A few older MMORPGs have experienced sweeping class changes a few times throughout their lifespan, but WoW does this literally every expansion.  I've never been a huge fan.

You pick up and play a class during one expansion but it might end up on the wrong end of Blizzard's nerf bat and be complete garbage the next time an expansion is released.  
    There will always be great changes anyways when you add more levels, might as well change how the classes work at the same time, nothing will be the same anyways.

Personally, I think Wow should divide it's current levels to half or even a third of the current number, having that many levels just split up the community anyways and make anything from the original game and it's expansions something you skip by. But that is just me, some people here thinks that having more levels mean more fun even if you skip from one to another in 20 minutes....
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    edited August 2016
    One thing though. I made a gnome hunter, and yesterday I was in a swamp and I almost drowned in a mud puddle, i was so short. Luckily I got out of the puddle in time.
  • dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    I love the changes! I'm enjoying every class a lot more.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    edited August 2016
    god damn it, i found a class i like (ish) and ive gone and bought legion......so this whole thread about me not buying legion is a complete sack of shit .....haha

lets hope i dont get disappointed lol

if anyone was interested it was shaman
    ive migrated back to my old server that i was on for about 9-10 years and joined up with one of the best guilds on there so maybe that had more to do with it :chuffed:

anyway see you in legion i guess lmao
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    oh and here is me as an orc 
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I hate my demo warlock now.  He doesn't really do anything, it is all pet all the time.  No more buffs, debuffs, ultra limited aoe, super weak shadow bolt, no meaningful cc...it sucks.  No idea what I was thinking giving them $15 more.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2016
    I'm sure they will be hurting after not getting money from some people:

scaling is a bit off but to put it even simpler than that: the tracked pre-purchases already matched the same sells as WoD's (pre-purchases at least) which was around 10M?

People really think subs matter when 10Mx49.99...sure you could argue costs, but does the games quality really look like its improved that greatly? (not saying the quality was ever bad but there's nothing that really proves they are going extremely over budget as compared to previous expansions. I honestly felt WoD produced the least amount of content out of all the expansions so far and since Legion is pretty much WoD part 2...).

http://www.wowhead.com/news=254832/maximum-camera-distance-update-q2-2016-activision-blizzard-earnings-call-august-

http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Warlyx said:
    Blizz destroyed shaman :( , the new resource sucks , now every class has a builder and spender...enh was one of the few classes that was CD based , now is based around maelstrom....

dont like that classes are balanced around the artifact.... no artifact = u suck , but others classes dont have this problem and the artifact just enhance the class instead of "fix it" ....

the new DH is cool but the gameplay is bare bones , 1 builder , 1 spender for single , 1 for aoe .... 1 stun , meta (CD) and thats basicall all u have , the only interesting thing is using fel rush as dps boost...if u take the talent thats it ....
    Wait, did they turn a bunch of classes into combat Rogue? That's an interesting decision.

I can sympathize, OP, because it was changes to Hunter with WotLK that started the long process of getting me to stop playing. I loved SV Hunter in TBC. People complain about rotations being boring, but what I enjoyed was the play style that had you using a 3/2 rotation and weaving in two abilities between your autoshots. It was something you had to be good at to not clip autos and lose damage but it was also a very rhythmic thing and once you had it down it was second nature and you could actually watch the game instead of an action bar. I could never really get into any class or spec after that one was taken out back and shot.
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    rush1984 said:
    axtranti said:
    Complex, dynamic, skilled... sounds like a Neil Peart drum solo. FlyByKnight, syriinx... I see we got some Rush fans  in the house. nice.

You can pretty much called it WOW 2. The game is nothing like it was back in vanilla. Doesn't mean it's  a bad MMO. I think people  just need to stop complaining and comparing it to vanilla wow.  It's just not the same game.

Blizzard is not trying to bring WOW back to its glory days, or else they would of done it already.  The game is just trying to stay competitive in the current mmo market. Hence , alot of the changes to pvp and  skills/abilities. 

The hardcore MMO is dead. Wait for legacy servers or just don't play Legion,  it's that simple.

Hardcore mmo market when almost all vanilla p servers have more active players than 10 retail realms combined. Just because some games are not popular in the western player base doesn't mean they are not popular. Hardcore MMOs have not died nor ever will, at least as of now. Just because you're a Blizzard fanboy and like WoW regardless of whatever shit they dip in, doesn't make it good.

Legion is just a big hype like every other expansion, WoW will be alive for 1-3 months after Legion release and then gravity will do the rest. I will enjoy this.

And in that time they will soar to 10+ million subs, make a ton of money, and do it all again.  There is no end.
    not a chance in hell will wow ever get anywhere close to that number id be surprised if they have even 3 mil 6 months into expac

Legion pre-purchases are tracking in-line with the previous expansion - Per the Activision Blizzard Q2 2016 Earnings Call

On August 30, 2016, Blizzard is expected to launch its highly anticipated World of Warcraft expansion, Legion. World of Warcraft remains The No. 1 subscription‐based MMORPG in the world.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160804006430/en/Activision-Blizzard-Announces-Better-Than-Expected-Record-Quarter-2016

Not a chance in hell eh?  lol
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    I was pretty shocked with many of the changes. I am getting used to them though. There are some things I don't like, such as Maelstrom for Enhancement shaman. However, we're also missing artifact power, and of course things like being haste capped, etc. So really, we're playing the not leveled version of the final product.

Still doesn't make some of the changes hard to swallow.

In the meantime, holy crap do I love my outlaw rogue. Literally the most fun I've had with rogue in a good long while.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Mardukk said:
    I hate my demo warlock now.  He doesn't really do anything, it is all pet all the time.  No more buffs, debuffs, ultra limited aoe, super weak shadow bolt, no meaningful cc...it sucks.  No idea what I was thinking giving them $15 more.
    Try a different spec?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2016
    Mardukk said:
    Try a different spec?
    Pretty much he hates his demo warlock until he gets his artifact skill for it which does 1-2M damage based on the recent changes to the spec. After legion, which we know he pre-ordered, he'll be on here saying how much he loves it
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited August 2016
    rush1984 said:

not a chance in hell will wow ever get anywhere close to that number id be surprised if they have even 3 mil 6 months into expac
    Legion pre-purchases are tracking in-line with the previous expansion - Per the Activision Blizzard Q2 2016 Earnings Call
    We don't actually know what the WoD pre-purchases were though.

Activision Blizzard, like all companies, are very careful with what they say.

Example: they talked about their "record revenue" - as a result of buying King - but forgot to mention their "record operating costs" - as a result of buying King.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    edited August 2016
    Albatroes said:
    Mardukk said:
    Try a different spec?
    Pretty much he hates his demo warlock until he gets his artifact skill for it which does 1-2M damage based on the recent changes to the spec. After legion, which we know he pre-ordered, he'll be on here saying how much he loves it
    Hell no I didn't preorder.  I don't understand how you can take everything away but pets and be pleased with this.  I actually enjoy buffs, debuffs, use of CC, options for different situations.  After reading every's love of the changes (other than the OP) I'm clearly missing something. 

Also tried enhancement shaman and it is a little bit better.  But still boring as hell.  I'm guessing part of my irritation is that I've moved on from tab target combat.  Oh and I hate the questing and quest hubs.  Really the only thing I like about the game would be dungeon running and my guild.  Trying to determine if boring myself to tears running errands for NPC's with this "combat" is worth the later group play.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    i was going to main enh (if i decided to buy legion) because i found it fun........now? after trying it ..../cry maelstrom sucks , keeping flametongue up is annoying ( and i tho searing totem sucked) , stormstrike is a huge cd and can "proc" when u are low on maelstrom...and u are unable to use it (that makes no sense!)

i miss being a melee caster ..... elemental was "ok" , now? meh ....earthquake totem sucks , flame shock cost resources 0-60 (the more the cost the longer the duration) , but if u want it to put it on 4-5 adds u waste all that malestrom.... ok u can earth shock before...the artifact will fix it .......yeah i heard that before for shamans , beta will fix it , live will fix it...ok patch X.1 will fix it....

the only spec i enjoy more now than before is comb...errr outlaw , not raiding of course because roll the bones is so random..... that will make raiders cry on bad rolls....

pala tank , gez forcing me to use consecration (or waste a good talent to avoid that is nono) , ret isnt fun , holy gained a instant cast heal that lowers own hp thats awesome u can beacon yourself and heal with that until you drop a bit but holy shockin the tank from time to time will keep u up ....

Hunters destroyed BM is soooooo boring , MM is based around a proc to cast a skill in order to cast aimed...

Mage arcane boring as sin , frost gained some flurry that looks cool , Fire is fun and with artifact skill will only get better

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Like every xpack, Legion made a complete mess out of the classes.
    As always, what you'll be getting is a work in progress and will take 8+ month to fix halfway.
    I am SO fed up with this useless trial and error bullshit they constantly do to all classes and that always leaves some speccs literally unplayable for like a year. Add to that their arrogant and ignorant "we are always right" attitude and i remember why didn't wanted to deal with this company anymore years ago.

Nothing about this game and company puts me off more than this outrageous inconsistency that they burden upon their long time fans. As soon as Blizzard has finally something in place and working, they can't help but change it altogether. Obsessive, uncontrollable tinkering like meth people do. Not able or interested to get it back together once the initial tinker-rush subsides.

Blizzard won't stop until they made all classes play like MOBA heroes with 4 abilities on huge CDs.

I also expect that the success of Overwatch will be having an influence on WoW's arena/BG gameplay at some point... action cam may be a first cautious step.

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353
    You're not alone OP, myself and my crowd of friends are in the same boat. We usually came back and powered our way through the levels and began endgame content and competed in arena's, I never really played any expac after BC more than 2months at a time though. I only lasted for 3 weeks with Cata, and that was just leveling and beginning Heriocs. This last expac was about 4 weeks, so with what I have seen so far and read from people currently in the game, I am also done.

And I am also glad Blizzard did this, as it takes the game off the shelf for me finally and I will just continue with other games I enjoy like Ark/Division/MechWarrior Online and other little single player games I have been killing time with in hopes that my bandwagon love for Star Citizen years ago actually pays off some day.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited August 2016
    It is very obvious why many players don't like this kind of change.

Here you are, having a favourite main toon with a class that you really like because of its gameplay and have its profs and secondary profs maxed. Ready to start on Legion, continuing lvling class , proffs with your preferred gameplay.

Suddenly Blizzard decides to overhaul your toons class and it turns into a playstyle you find utterly boring (aside of it being effective or not), then what now? Lvl a new class and profs and secondary profs (fishing, cooking arghh). Or play with that same class you now dont like anymore?

I can understand nerfs, I can understand streamlining combat, but complete overhauls is just messing with your loyal customers. They chose that class for a reason and that reason then is taken away for many by Blizzard.

I really think this is a shitty way of treating your customers.